four

detention au

“can he stop sleeping around ”

 

“do u think i have a chance with him? after all it will be easy” 

 

“i heard Baekhyun once stole his dad’s car and completely crashed it the same day.”

 

“did you know he has cheated on every person he has dated before, who would want to be with such an awful person.”

 

“now that i think about it, that baekhyun guy always seemed like the type to sleep around” 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked around him and he started to feel dizzy. This is exactly what had happened years ago to him, and now it was happening to Baekhyun. If only he had listened to his friends and talked to Baekhyun yesterday. Maybe this wouldn’t have happened. He was supposed to protect Baekhyun and make sure nothing would happen to him but in the end he was the cause of this all. He shouldn’t have let him in, should have kept him as an enemy. Baekhyun is better off without him. 

 

The least he could do was not make the same mistake he did and set this straight before it’s too late. His eyes scanned the room looking for that one person who spread the rumours, and there he was, leaning against the wall smiling at the scene that was playing in front of him. 

Chanyeol was sick, sick of him.

Panic got replaced with anger and he walked up to the boy.

 

“i won’t let you get away with it this time Sungjae” He said with a warning tone and the boy looked up at him with a smirk.

 

“should have listened to me.” He said and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“don’t you get tired of bothering me? is that your life purpose?? clinging on to me?” Chanyeol’s body started shaking from all the emotions.

 

“i think it’s fun to mess with you, can’t i have a little fun in life?” Sungjae winked at him and nudged his shoulder. 

 

“i can’t believe i used to love you” Chanyeol looked down, not wanting to see his ex’s face. 

 

“and i can’t believe you were dumb enough to think i loved you back.” 

 

He was indeed dumb back then, too dumb to realise it was all just a joke to his ex and his friends. Sungjae never wanted to date him, it was just funny to them. But could you blame Chanyeol? He was only 14 years old back then, way too naive and desperate. Sungjae was his first boyfriend, first kiss, and first boy who broke his heart. He actually didn’t just break his heart. He ripped it out of his body and made sure it couldn’t be fixed anymore. He used to cry every night after their breakup. The words “pathetic to think you actually deserve love” kept replaying in his head. When he thought it couldn’t get worse, he woke up the next day and when he got to school everyone was talking about him. Sungjae had made up stories about him, awful stories that got everyone talking.

The same day he got kicked out of school. The principal didn’t want to have kids like him in their school, it was unacceptable they said. 

 

Chanyeol went to a new school and he made new friends there. They really cared about him and made sure he was okay. Some people found out who Chanyeol was and started talking again but it bothered him less. He started to heal more and more but then his ex suddenly showed up in his school. They never said a word to each other, but Chanyeol always felt as if he was being watched. Because of him he was always reminded of the betrayal and hurt he felt. It seemed like being happy was just not made for him. Now that he had Baekhyun and he was the happiest he had ever been, his ex had to ruin it again for him. 

 

But he couldn’t let Baekhyun hurt too.

He snapped out of his thought and glared at Sungjae. He grabbed him by his shirt and pointed his finger at his face. 

 

“you’re the dumb one, thinking you can mess with Baekhyun and get away with it.” Chanyeol said and stared into his eyes. There was a silence and suddenly he heard the boy laughing. 

 

“you cant do anything, you’re too weak.” 

 

That was it, Chanyeol had enough. 

It all happened so quickly, and before he could stop himself he punched the guy in his face, hard. He let go of his shirt and backed away. The boy’s nose was bleeding and people started surrounding them. It really wasn’t his plan to punch him that hard, he didn’t know what he was thinking. Chanyeol was never the type to get violent, but it was like he had to let out all anger he had build up over the years. It had to end here. He leaned down to be face to face with the bleeding boy and brought his lips to his ear. 

 

“now leave me and Baekhyun alone or i won’t hesitate to do this again” 

 

He stood up again and turned around to look at the crowd of people that had formed around him. He hated this attention, he wanted them all gone. But then his eyes landed on Baekhyun. He was staring at Chanyeol with a worried look, and Chanyeol shot him a nervous smile back. He turned his attention back to the crowd and cleared his throat. 

 

“this person here loves to spread lies that are not true, don’t be dumb and believe everything you hear. Baekhyun is a wonderful person, so mind your own business.”

 

People stared at him with confusion but he saw some people nodding at him, as if they were telling him they believe him and will listen. It all became too much for him and he felt tears streaming down his face. He had to get away from here as fast as possible. He wiped his face with the sleeve of his sweater and pushed his way through the crowd of people. 

 

Baekhyun ran up to him but before the small boy could reach him, the principal directed him to come to her office. It all started to repeat itself. But this time he didn’t feel hurt, he felt a little proud of himself. He stood up for himself and Baekhyun, something he would have never did before he had met Baekhyun.  

 

He looked at Baekhyun before he went into the office and smiled at him, letting him now it was okay. 

 

Everything was okay as long as he had Baekhyun.