one

detention au

Baekhyun had moved far away from Chanyeol and started painting at the other side of the wall. To be honest, the atmosphere between them felt rather awkward. The two had expressed their hatred towards each other multiple times but never face to face. Now that Baekhyun was thinking about it, he actually didn’t know Chanyeol at all apart from the gossip about him. Chanyeol was known as your typical boy. Stories about him scoring a girl went around every two weeks and he had quite the reputation. Some people even said they had seen Chanyeol being involved in a fight. No one ever had evidence but because his face matched the descriptions no one ever questioned it. From the first day Baekhyun had seen Chanyeol he didn’t fit the imagine at all. Baekhyun had always thought that there was way more behind the boy. He looked intelligent, caring and loving. But those thoughts quickly disappeared when he discovered the hateful messages.

 

Baekhyun snapped back to reality when he realised someone was calling his name. He turned around and prepared himself for what Chanyeol was about to say.

“why did you move so far away, scared?"

Chanyeol asked him while leaning against a part of the wall that wasn’t painted yet.

“no i just simply don’t wanna interact with you” Baekhyun said in return and went back to focusing on his part of the wall.

“and why is that?”

He saw Chanyeol getting closer in the corner of his eye and it made him really nervous. Baekhyun was a really chill person but for some reason being around Chanyeol made him forget how to act like a normal person.

“i don’t want people to think we really are a thing. I don’t wanna be another person on ur list.” When he got no answer he turned around to look at Chanyeol. Maybe he shouldn’t have said that, because Chanyeol was standing there with his hands behind his back looking at the ground. He looked like a kicked puppy and Baekhyun felt instantly guilty.

“i-i’m sorry i didn’t mean that i just-“

Baekhyun approached Chanyeol to comfort him but wasn’t prepared for what the other had planned. Before he could back away Chanyeol had painted a white stripe all over Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun stood there for a while trying to understand what just happened.

“what did u just do” Baekhyun voice dropped an octave lower and he glared at Chanyeol trying to come off intimidating. But all Chanyeol could do was laugh at the white paint all over Baekhyun’s face. Chanyeol was lost in his laughter so Baekhyun took the chance to get his revenge on him. He grabbed his brush and splattered paint all over Chanyeol's face, hair and clothes. Chanyeol’s laughter died down and now it was his turn to be speechless. Worried he went overboard, Baekhyun went looked for tissues to clean up Chanyeol when he felt a cold liquid being splashed on his neck. Chanyeol was standing there with a brush in his hand and the biggest smile on his face. Baekhyun was mesmerised for a second. He hadn’t seen Chanyeol smile before and he never thought it would leave him breathless, but it did. Chanyeol’s smile was blinding and it made Baekhyun feel weird inside. He suddenly had the urge to tell Chanyeol he looked beautiful when he smiled. But when he saw the taller going back to his paint bucket he decided defending himself was a better choice. And seeing Chanyeol smile even more was a pretty good bonus.