Seven

Swiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arghhh, I can't sleep." Chayeoung frustratedly grabbed her hair and got up from the bed. The sudden actions disturbed Sana's deep slumber. With a sleepy voice, she worriedly asked the younger girl.

"What's wrong Chaeng-Chaeng? Are you okay?" Chaeyoung cursed herself in her thoughts when she heard her unnie asked her. She quickly looked back at Sana and decided to just tell her what's bothering her mind that she cannot let herself sleep. 

"Unnie help me please. I can't help but to feel guilty because i really think Mina's mad at me. Did you see how she looked at me on the elevator? If looks could kill then I wouldn't be here right now, unnie."

Seeing how troubled the younger girl is, Sana got up from her bed, patted Chaeyoung's head and said

"Go text her. I have a feeling she's still awake. Ask her what's wrong.  If she replies, then she wants to talk about it. If she doesn't, wait for tomorrow then talk to her."

Thankful for her unnie's suggestion, Chaeyoung hugged her. Knowing how her favorite unnie loves sleeping, she ushered her back to sleep.

She then grabbed her phone and went to Mina's shared room with Dahmo and waited outside. She unlocks her phone thinking for the right message to compose, and after half an hour, arrived with one. 

'Hey Minari. You still awake? Can we talk? Please. I'm outside your room'.

After she hit the send button, her heart started beating fast. She's nervous at the same time excited. She doesn't want her hopes up but the thought of them talking alone at night just makes her heart excited. She looked at her phone and noticed that 20 minutes had already passed since she sent her message. She also looked at the time realizing that it's already one in the morning. Suddenly, Chaeyoung remembered what her Sana unnie said a while ago. 

'If she replies, then she want to talk about it,  if she doesn't, wait for tomorrow then talk to her.'

That sudden memory makes her sad. She badly wanted to talk to Mina about what happened and the thought of laying in bed waiting for the sun to rise is frustrating her. She doesn't want to wait for another 6 hours in order to have a talk with Mina. It's now or never, she thought. She dialed Mina's number, waiting anxiously for the other line to pick up. 

rings...

rings...

rings...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Chaeyoung' that was the only word left by Mina's mouth quietly after she answered Chaeyoung's call. If not only because of Dahyun who stirred up from her sleep due to the loud vibrations of her phone then she wouldn't have answered the call from the girl who's been running in her thoughts all night making her lose her precious sleep.

'Hey Minari. I'm sorry to disturb you but can we talk? Please. I badly want to talk to you now.' 

Sensing the desperation in Chaeyoung's voice, she got up from her bed and agreed with the little tiger's plea. She opened the door and greeted with a delighted face of the tiger. She asked for them to talk somewhere in order for them not to disturb other's sleep so the other girl suggested the rooftop terrace. 

Once they were on the rooftop, she suddenly regretted not grabbing her jacket with her. The cold wind embraced her body without pity. 

 

She seems cold. Chaeyoung thought and immediately took off her jacket and gave it to Mina. 

"I'm okay Chaeyoung.  I'm n-not cold, take it back" said Mina with a stutter which did not go unnoticed by Chaeyoung, she giggled.

"Y-you're not cold, eh?" Chaeyoung teased which Mina responded with a nudge on the tiger's arm and a pout.

"Yah! Don't tease me." 

"W-what if I won't stop t-teasing you? Hahaha"

Feeling embarassed, Mina stomped her feet loudly and angrily stared at her which surprises Chaeyoung because first, she was just teasing the girl for fun and lastly, the girl is just too cute right now. 

'Don't do that Minari. You're so adorable, i might die'. Chaeyoung thought and decided to stop the tease and go with the main reason why the two of them are there.

"Alright. I will stop now. Let's sit over there Minari". Chaeyoung pointed to the bench at the corner  where they can observe the views perfectly.

Nobody said a thing after they sat and Mina seemed to be lost looking at the views below. With this, Chaeyoung grabbed this opportunity to snap a photo of the girl who looked just as beautiful as the night sky. 

Mina heard the clicking of the phone's camera and was back in her thoughts. She then looked at Chaeyoung with a phone in hand facing her.

"You took a picture of me again without asking me. You know that's a crime, right? You could really be punished if you continue taking a pictures of strangers without their permission." Mina said worriedly to the cub who seems really satisfied with the photo she took.

"You're not a stranger Minari. I can just take a picture of you anytime. Lastly, i wouldn't snap pictures of anyone else other than you so don't worry, i won't be punished." the cub said still looking at the photo- masterpiece she had taken. What she didn't notice is the sudden red tint on Mina's face which was probably not because of the wind. 

"So, what do you want to talk about Chaeyoungie?"

-

 

"Chaeng? Chaeyoung?" Mina nudged the cub who was faced back to reality.

"Can you say it again?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Eh? Say what?" 

"Say my name again". Say Chaeyoungie again, she said to herself.

"Chaeyoung?" Mina said raising her eyebrow in confusion.

"No! You said 'Chaeyoungie'. Say it again, please". Chaeyoung pleaded.

'Ahh'. Mina thought. She did not notice herself saying Chaeyoung's name that way. It just came out naturally. But, now that Chaeyoung asked for it, saying it again makes her embarass. She decided not to agree with the cub and asked the cub the reason why they're both there.

"Nomuhae! You're no fun Minari. Hmf." Chaeyoung huffed with a pout and folded her ams like the one in TT. 

'Cute'. Mina thought to herself and trying so hard not to squeeze Chaeyoung's cheeks.

"Anyways Minari. About what I said to you last time,  I'm really serious about it Mina. I like you. I really do, romantically and not just friends. And like what I said to you, I'll do everything I can to make you happy and for you to appreciate me". Chaeyoung said sincerely to Mina. She took Mina's hands which were very cold due to the cold night and blew some warm air from . 

'"Earlier, when we were riding the elevator, you looked at me like you wanted to kill me. What's wrong Minari?"

Now that Chaeyoung mentioned that, Mina grabbed her hands and like a snap of a fingers changes her mood from calm to cold just like the night.

"Nothing. I wasn't angry at you. I was just tired." Mina coldly said while facing the views instead of the cub. 

Chaeyoung felt that Mina was not telling the truth so she cupped her face with her warm hands and gently moved it to face her.

"I did not say you were angry Mina. I just asked what's wrong. Now tell me honestly, why were you angry at me? Is it because of Sana unnie? Were you perhaps, j-jealous?" Chaeyoung had already considered jealousy in her thoughts before but  she did not think that was the case why Mina was upset. But now that Mina was acting like this, there's nothing to lose if she gets her hopes up right? 

"Huh! I wasn't! I was just angry because i-i i uh -uhmmm---YAAAAH WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?"

Chaeyoung did not expect a reaction like this. She felt happy that Mina was reacting like that because that means the other girl has somehow developed feelings for her. But on the other hand, she also wasn't sure if Mina reacted that way was because Mina does feel something to her already or she just reacted that way as a friend. Chaeyoung felt dejected with her thoughts. Before Mina can notice her dejected face, she hugged the girl.

"You're just too cute. I'm sorry." She brushed her hair gently. They stayed like that for a while. 

 

"Sana unnie was just tired and I was also startled when she hugged me earlier because I didn't expect that. Then I realized she just wanted to rest so I just let her did that. I'm sorry if that made you upset Minari. I promise i'll be careful with my actions next time."

"Okay." Mina said simply. Now that Chaeyoung finally explained her side, there's nothing to worry about. She also doesn't know what else to say either so she just stayed like that enjoying the warmth of the cub's embrace. 

"Minari. Can I ask you a favor?" Chaeyoung break free from their hug now looking at Mina's face lovingly. 

"Yes Chaengie sure." Mina answered inaudibly.

"Can I sleep with you tonight? I mean, i'm not forcing you. I'm just asking if you like--

"Sure Chaengie. Let's go back to the room and sleep now Chaeng. I can already feel my eyes droop." Mina said while giggling quietly. She got up from her seat and offered her hand to the cub which Chaeyoung gladly accepted.

 

 

 

 

--- the following morning---

"For today's activity, Jeongyeon you'll be partnered with Momo, Dahyun with Tzuyu, Nayeon with Mina and Sana with Chaeyoung. First stop will be at the Chaplin Museum, followed by the chocolate factory, then the Chateau de Chillon. After that we'll get some rest near the lake then we'll stop by the convenience store before we head to our next place destination. In short, this will be our last day in Montreux so have fun girls!"  their PD instructed them beforehand after they had their breakfast. Just like the other days, Chaeyoung got dejected again after knowing that she won't be partnered with Mina. She went close to Mina then back hugged the girl. Mina was taken aback and worried if there were cameras filming them. She felt relieved once she noticed that the filming haven't started yet. She then gently withdrew herself from the cub's hug. 

"Filming will start soon the camera might film us." Mina said to Chaeyoung while avoiding her glance.

Chaeyoung feeling disappointed acted like she was rejected by her crush which was not totally different from her situation. 

 

They've arrived at the Chaplin Museum but before entering the establishment, they were oriented by the director of the museum. Since the talk was all in English, Sana was not really paying much attention. 

"Chaeng-Chaeng my cute partner! Let's have fun today Chaeng, alright?!" Sana whispered with a hint of excitement in Chaeyoung's ear. Chaeyoung just smiled to her unnie and placed her arm over the shoulder of the older girl while still listening to the director. 

After the orientation, the girls were now free to go and the ever excited Sana can't hide her eagerness for their trip. May it be on or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter