4

Swiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, listen girls! Since we're almost near the hotel already, let me divide you into 3 groups since the company only booked 3 rooms for you. Nayeon, you go with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon and Momo you go with Tzuyu. Sana you go with Mina. It will only be the 2 of you since Jihyo isn't here. Am I being clear?"

The manager explained to the girls on the bus while on the way to the hotel they're going to stay in. 2yeon didn't like the arrangement but they have no choice but to follow what the management have planned. It's for their once anyways.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung felt relieved because she wasn't on the same room with Mina. She looked at the girl which was seated next to her who was still sleeping soundly on her side. 

'How can you sleep peacefully by my side Minari? How can you torture me like this?'

Chaeyoung went lost to her thoughts. She suddenly remembered how she first met Mina. They were still both new trainees that time but Mina being the latest. Ever since the first time they met, she was already intrigued by the mysterious girl. Mina was not the girl someone would want to befriend with. She's so quiet, so preserved, and so mysterious. Maybe for the fact that she's a foreigner and still don't know more about Korean language that time. Momo and Sana were the only ones who befriended Mina since they were both Japanese too. Mina wasn't the best trainee and she wasn't the worst either. As time passes, Chaeyoung would always be amazed on how Mina worked hard to get to her dreams. Mina always received praises from the trainors for being better despite being a new trainee. Even after they were chosen to be on JYP's show SIXTEEN, Chaeyoung's feelings for the girl only grew from a simple fascination to a great admiration. That's when she realized that she wanted to be friends with Mina. Although asking someone someone to be her friend was not Chaeyoung's forte, because being friends comes out naturally, she still bravely asked Mina to be her friend.

 

"Hi"

Chaeyoung greeted the quiet girl who was on the studio practicing for her ballet performance. Mina was surprised and made sure that there wasn't anyone on the room aside from her and Chaeyoung. She doesn't want to assume that Chaeyoung was really greeting her first. Chaeyoung noticed it and greeted her again, this time she introduced herself.

"Hi, Mina-unnie. I'm Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung."

That made Mina giggle. Mina find it cute when Chaeyoung introduced herself to her like she doesn't know her and they weren't both in Sixteen. 

"Hahaha. I know, pabo. You know we're both trainees here right. Of course I know you."

Mina said with a smile, a gummy smile. A smile that made Chaeyoung fall in love with her. The smile that she seldom shows but she witnessed now. Chaeyoung was grateful for her dumbness because it was the reason she saw Mina's smile which can light up her whole world. 

 

"Hello? Chaeyoung-ssi? Still there?" 

Mina waved her hands near Chaeyoung's face and that woke up Chaeyoung.

"Yes, I'm sorry. What were you saying again?"

"I said why are you here Chaeyoung-ssi? You wanted to practice too?"

"Just call me Chaeyoung, Mina-unnie. Drop the formalities. It would look like we're not friends. To answer your question, I was just passing by. I was writing lyrics for my performance next week then I saw you here."

Chaeyoung lied. Well, the last part was not a lie. She was really writing lyrics for her rap performance next week. 

"I see, Chaeng- I mean Chaeyoung. Sorry"

Mina was embarrassed. How can she address Chaeyoung as Chaeng already, they aren't even friends, yet. 

"No, no, no, it's okay, Mina-unnie! You can call me Chaeng. 'I like it' " 

Of course she wouldn't say the last part. Mina would really find her weird if she said those words. Chaeyoung noticed how Mina's brows furrowed and just like she read Mina's mind, 

"We can be friends, you know? So that it would not be weird if you call me Chaeng. Well, if that's okay with you."

Chaeyoung proposed which she hopes Mina would not reject. Chaeyoung's worry that Mina might reject her grew when Mina didn't reply and just furrowed her brows at her. With a disappointed look, she said something that she hopes Mina would not agree on.

"You can say no Mina-unnie. I don't want to force you on something you don't want to do."

"No. I mean, yes Chaeyoungie. I would like to be your friend. I'm sorry I was just, just- lost I guess? Like do I have to do something? Or do you want me to give you my n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter