FOUR

Back to you

FOUR 

"Do you like me too, Sunggyu?"

Sunggyu's mind kept on going back to the phone call earlier, despite his desperate attempts to sleep. It was almost 3 AM and still, he couldn't shut down the thoughts going around his head. 

"Why'd you ask that, Woohyun?"

Sunggyu bit his lips with regret. He should've straight up answered Woohyun. 

"You really can't answer that, Sunggyu?" Woohyun's voice was weak and he was probably in the verge of breaking down. 

"Not right now," he remembered himself speaking, "I need to know what's going on first." 

Sunggyu twisted his body to the other side and sighed. 

"You're really mean, Kim Sunggyu," Woohyun scoffed, "Really mean." 

"Woo-"

And then Woohyun cut the call. 

Great. Now Woohyun was mad at him. 

'Good job, Sunggyu,' He thought to himself, 'It hasn't been more than two days since you landed in Seoul and you pissed him off already.' 

-//-

"Did you tell him about me yet?" Hana stirred the cup in front of her boringly after the nurse who brought her tray of food left. She was never fond of hospital meals. 

Woohyun stood up from the couch and sat on the side of the bed, moving away Hana's thin bangs that were covering her face gently. 

He shook his head with a smile, "No, not yet." 

Hana sighed, "You probably should, Woohyun," she looked at him, "It won't be long anyways, till I-" 

"Stop," Woohyun cut her sternly, "Don't say it." 

Hana held Woohyun's hand and kissed it, "Did I ever thank you for doing all of this for me, Woohyun?" 

Woohyun had to look away, so she wouldn't see the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes, "All the time, Hana," he answered softly.

The female placed the cup at the table next to her and sat up, inching closer to Woohyun. She gave him a tight hug and Woohyun couldn't hold back his tears anymore. 

"I'm such a bad boyfriend," he spoke as he turned to Hana.

"Shh," Hana wiped his tears, "Even if you think you're bad, you're one of the best thing that has every happened to me."

Woohyun smiled bitterly, "You're one of the best thing that has happened to me, Song Hana." 

Hana locked her lips with Woohyun and then gave him a wide grin, "Cheer up, Woohyun," she said, "I didn't want you to become my boyfriend to see your ugly sad face,"

Just then, they heard a knock and Dr. Yoo excused himself inside the room, "Hana, it's time for your chemo." 

Woohyun smiled and gave Hana a nod of encouragement as his girlfriend walked together with the doctor for her nth treatment. 

-//-

It was almost 8PM when Woohyun finally arrived at his apartment. He couldn't wait to take a warm shower and crash the bed. It had been a long day. What he didn't expect was a familiar figure standing in front of his apartment door with a bouquet of white lilies in his hand. 

"I'm sorry," Sunggyu shoved the bouquet he was holding to Woohyun, who was still in complete shock, while gazing down. After all, apologizing wasn't exactly Kim Sunggyu's forte. 

Woohyun grabbed the flowers and gave Sunggyu a smile, "Come in." 

"Woohyun, I do like you." Sunggyu immediately said once he closed the door behind him, making Woohyun smile.

After uttering those words out loud, Sunggyu had to close his eyes and cringe at himself. Woohyun placed the lilies on a vase filled with water and walked over to Sunggyu who was still standing stiffly near the entrance door. Woohyun gave Sunggyu an affectionate peck at his forehead.

"I know, Sunggyu," he said and took the other's hand, leading him to the couch. 

Sunggyu was the one being awkward and embarrassed this time round, "Then... what happened yesterday?" 

"About that," Woohyun sighed, "I need to tell you something," 

"What?" 

"I have a girl friend." 

Sunggyu couldn't believe what he just heard. So his first response was to frown and then widen his eyes when he saw how serious Woohyun was. 

"So, after getting me to say my true feelings towards you, this how you respond?" He finally managed to say, a hint of bitterness in his words.

"It's not that," Woohyun answered, "I just... need time," 

Sunggyu was highly confused, but tried to compose himself, "Time for what?" 

Woohyun closed his eyes and let out a heavy exhale before answering, "For nature to take it's course," he bit his lips, knowing that he was only making Sunggyu more upset than he already was. 

"Who's your girl friend?" 

"I..." Woohyun gazed down to the floor, "I can't tell you that either." 

The elder shook his head and stood up, "I'm leaving, Woohyun," 

"Sunggyu, please," Woohyun pulled his hand but the other male was adamant. 

"Until you can explain to me what has been going on, don't ever talk to me," 

Hearing Sunggyu's words fumed his anger. Woohyun stood up and turned Sunggyu's body with much force so they were standing face to face, "Do you think you're the only one who has the right to be angry right now, Sunggyu?" He challenged, "You left me for three years, told me to not contact you at all while you were away. I endured all of that. Yesterday you couldn't even answer me if you like me too. And now you're upset that I'm in a relationship?" 

"Well, we had that night Woohyun," Sunggyu replied with anger, "I didn't know you were the type to cheat on people. And we did have something going on before I left, so I assumed you were not tied up with anyone all this time." 

"I was not cheating!" Woohyun cried. 

Sunggyu scoffed, "Yeah, right," he said and gave Woohyun a mocking laugh, "You're so used to treating your girl friends that low that you don't feel guilty anymore for sleeping with someone else." 

And that earned Sunggyu a slap on his cheek. 

Woohyun's eyes were teary, but he swore to himself he won't cry in front of Sunggyu, at least not at that moment, "You think it was easy to wait for you for three years?" He asked, "I have a life, Sunggyu. So before you think too highly of yourself, look at the mirror ask yourself if you are that worth it for me to wait." 

Sunggyu held his cheek which was now in a shade of red. He shook his head, "You said that I was mean?" he scoffed, "Tell me you're not mean, Nam Woohyun." 

With that, Sunggyu left. 

-//-