THREE

Back to you

THREE 

 

“Sunggyu hyung, you’re here,” 

 

Sunggyu turned around from the photocopy machine, facing a lanky guy with his gummy grin. He had a coffee mug in his right hand and a stack of paper in his left. 

 

“Lee Sungyeol, did you get a tan or something?” Sunggyu laughed and gave the male a hug. 

 

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes in annoyance, “I went to volunteer in Africa, don’t you know?” He said, “Also, how was living with my cousin at the States? 

 

“Howon is a really nice guy,” Sunggyu smiled, noting to himself that he probably should let Howon know he had landed safe and sound, “Makes me wonder if you two are really cousins. Also, are you still interning here? I feel like three years is a long time to be interning for,” 

 

Sungyeol grunted, “Yah, hyung, you really didn’t get any updates on me huh?” He went and slapped Sunggyu’s shoulder playfully with the stack of paper he was holding, “I’m now the HR manager,” 

 

Sunggyu laughed, “You’re the HR manager huh? That’s why you can casually slap me with those papers?” 

 

Sungyeol grinned proudly, “Yeah of course,” 

 

Just then the photocopy machine beeped and Sunggyu immediately took out the papers printed, “Well then, I’ll see you around Sungyeol,” he said, “We should get lunch tomorrow,” 

 

The younger nodded happily, “Of course hyung!” 

 

Sunggyu smiled as he waved out of the printing room and made his way to his office. After hours of working, even turning down Sungyeol’s offer to get some drinks when he was done, Sunggyu decided to call it a day when he realized that most of his colleagues were gone and it was dark outside. He smiled with satisfaction as he cleaned up his desk, happy that he got lots of things done that day. 

 

It was when he got back to his hotel room that his loneliness started creeping in again. One of the reasons why Sunggyu was a workaholic was because he could escape from his personal life. He knew lots of people, but the number of individuals he could fully trust and open up to wasn’t that much. His mind drifted to Woohyun again and so he decided to call him.  

 

“Hi Sunggyu,” 

 

Sunggyu swore he could even hear Woohyun’s smile across the line, “Hey, are you free tonight?” 

 

“Um... I don’t think so, but I can meet you tomorrow morning,” Woohyun sounded apologetic. 

 

Sunggyu sighed, “Yeah, sure,” 

 

“Sunggyu,” The younger called, “I’m sorry for what happened this morning. I promise I’ll tell you what happened when we meet but...” 

 

“But what?” Sunggyu asked when he heard Woohyun’s voice trailing off. 

 

“But I just really like you,” 

 

Sunggyu could literally feel his heart skipping a beat but at the same time, he was confused, “Woohyun,” he chuckled, “I know. Why are you saying that now? And what does it have to do with what happened earlier?” 

 

“Do you like me too, Sunggyu?” 

 

Sunggyu was taken aback with this unexpected conversation. He and Woohyun had never talked about this, as in their relationship, and Woohyun had never asked him such direct question that involved talking about his feelings so openly.

Woohyun used to be Sunggyu’s underclassmen in high school and the two met in a musical in which both of them were casted as the main leads. They became good friends, especially with their countless cast and vocal practices. Sunggyu remembered the friday night he was staying over at Woohyun’s place, they wanted to rehearse and polish everything before their performance the next day. 

 

“Hyung, let’s eat first, I’m cooking tonight,” Woohyun winked. 

 

Sunggyu laughed, “Wow, I didn’t know you cook,” 

 

Woohyun just nodded and they headed to the kitchen. Sunggyu didn’t know how long he had been staring at Woohyun’s back as the younger was busy beating eggs on top of the kitchen counter. He walked closer to Woohyun and stood next to him. 

 

“Do you need help?” Sunggyu’s voice was lower than he expected it to be. 

 

Woohyun turned to face Sunggyu, immediately aware of their close proximity. He gulped.  

 

“Hyung...” 

 

“Drop the hyung,” Sunggyu said softly, almost like a whisper as he slowly but surely pulled Woohyun’s waist closer to his. 

 

Woohyun wasn’t resisting, instead his lips smiled nervously, “I didn’t know you-“ 

 

“Hmm...” Sunggyu hummed, “I don’t know how many times you’ve been stealing glances at me during practice.” 

 

Woohyun chuckled, “It’s hard to resist, when there’s someone like you right in front of me,”

 

Sunggyu averted his gaze to the side, his cheeks decorated with a slight pink tint. 

 

“Sunggyu,” Woohyun called with an amused smile, “Look at me,” 

 

Weirdly, Sunggyu found himself following Woohyun’s order. So the two males locked gaze with each other. Without any warning, Woohyun softly landed his lips on Sunggyu’s. It was quick, soft, and a bit awkward. 

 

Sunggyu pulled himself away from Woohyun before clearing his throat, his face feeling extremely hot. Woohyun laughed giddily. 

 

“Don’t be too embarrassed,” Woohyun teased, snaking his arms around Sunggyu’s torso, “You started this.” 

 

“Stop teasing,” Sunggyu muttered.

 

Woohyun smiled and turned his body back to continue whatever he was cooking.

 

“You know, if you keep on staring at me like that, you’ll make a hole on my back,” Woohyun said as he put the eggs on the frying pan. 

 

Sunggyu bit his lips and ruffled his hair, “You’re making me feel weird things, Woohyun.” 

 

The younger laughed, “This is your first time, huh?” 

 

Sunggyu glared at him, although he was sure Woohyun couldn’t see his facial expression since he was busy frying eggs. 

 

“You should be really honored,” 

 

“I am,” Woohyun said, “It’s my first time too you know,” 

 

Sunggyu leaned his back on the kitchen counter, so he was side by side with Woohyun who was cooking, “Yeah right,” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, “Who doesn’t know the king of playboy Nam Woohyun,” 

 

Woohyun turned off the stove and placed the omelets in a plate. He glanced at Sunggyu with a grin, “Never knew Kim Sunggyu can get jealous,” 

 

“I’m not jealous,” Sunggyu replied immediately, earning Woohyun’s laugh. 

 

“No, really though,” Woohyun faced him, “That was my first kiss with a guy, and with someone who I truly like.” 

 

Sunggyu was containing all his butterflies and the somersaults his heart was having.  He was left speechless, and Woohyun was secretly enjoying it. After all, Nam Woohyun was the prince of charm.

 

“Oh, Woohyun and Sunggyu,” if it wasn’t because of Mrs. Nam intrusion, Woohyun would’ve gave Sunggyu another peck in the lips, “Aren’t you guys going to go out with your friends? It’s Friday night,” 

 

The two shook their head, “We’re practicing for tomorrow, you’ll be there right umma?” Woohyun replied. 

 

Mrs. Nam nodded her head, “Yes of course,” she said, “Well then, I’m going to leave to get dinner with my friends, your dad should be arriving back home next week.” 

 

Woohyun gave her a curt smile, “Alright, have fun umma, you can trust the whole house to me.” 

 

Mrs. Nam nodded. After waving their good byes, the elder woman disappeared. Not long after, the two boys heard Mrs. Nam’s car leave the driveway, and the two let out a small but audible sigh of relief. 

 

“Let’s eat,” Woohyun ushered Sunggyu to the dining table as he carried the plates. 

 

The two ate in silence, and when they were done, Sunggyu insisted on cleaning up, but Woohyun helped nevertheless. 

 

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu broke the silence, “About us-“ 

 

“Let’s keep it just between us,” Woohyun completed his sentence with a nod. 

 

“Um.” Sunggyu smiled at him as he finished putting the dishes away. 

 

And that was the last time they ever talked about it. 

-//-