ONE

Back to you

ONE

 

It was hot and balmy that wednesday evening when Woohyun stepped out of his office building. He was greeted by the busy pavements, with the honking of cars at the jammed road. Woohyun grumbled in annoyance - he was no doubt, having a bad day. 

 

Woohyun followed the sea of people down the subway station because it just had to be that day that he decided to take his car for service. He sighed as he squished himself between two other males as he entered the subway and opened his phone. 

 

“Where are you? We are waiting already.” 

 

A text from his high school classmate, Kim Myungsoo, came. It also happened to be that day that some of his closest high school friend wanted to meet up with him, and hopefully this would make Woohyun’s dreading day better. 

 

His lips turned into a small smirk as he replied, “I’ll be there in 15 mins.” 

 

 

-//-

 

Woohyun let out a sigh of relief as he walked out of Gangnam station. He hurriedly head towards their usual barbecue place and Myungsoo, along with Dongwoo, greeted him by offering a glass of soju. 

 

“Look at who’s here everyone!” Dongwoo announced as he stood up, clearly he was starting feeling tipsy already, “Our big boss, Nam Woohyun!” 

 

Myungsoo chuckled and pulled Dongwoo’s arm down, while Woohyun just shook his head, “You guys are already drinking without me?” 

 

“I’m really hungry, you took a really long time,” replied Dongwoo as he sat back down.  

 

“Sorry, I just finished,” Woohyun said with a small laugh before taking some grilled meat for himself. 

 

“Eyy, don’t start lying to us,” Myungsoo jumped in with a playful smirk, “You were meeting Hana again, weren’t you?”

 

Woohyun laughed, “What are you talking about? She’s away with her parents in Jeju.” 

 

The three of them drank and drank, and only stopped once they realized Dongwoo was being awfully quiet. 

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Woohyun shook the elder’s arms, “You drank too much, huh?” 

 

Myungsoo sighed and shook his head, “I warned him already, he’s never that good with alcohols.” 

 

The two males proceeded helping Dongwoo, who was staring blankly, stood up and took him to Myugsoo’s car. After throwing the eldest one to the back seat and letting him lie there, Myugsoo closed the door.

 

He looked at Woohyun, “You sure you don’t want a ride home?” 

 

Woohyun gave him a curt smile but shook his head, “It’s fine, I need to go somewhere after this anyways.” 

 

Myungsoo nodded and hugged the male in front of him, “Alright, take care,” he said and then jumped inside his car, “I’ll see you soon.” 

 

Woohyun waved his hand as Myungsoo’s sleek sedan exited the parking lot. He sighed and walked back to the station. He didn’t have to stop anywhere, but socializing was suffocating him, even if it was with his high school best friends. 

 

Once he got back to his apartment, he took off his shoes, went for a shower and brushed his teeth. He sighed and stared at himself in the mirror before heading to his dressing table. In the wall next to the mirror, he had a calendar hung, with crosses on every day that passed. The young male let out a heavy exhale and took the black marker that was lying on the table. He then drew a cross on today’s date and stared at himself in the mirror. 

 

“15 more days to go, Nam Woohyun,” he muttered to himself, “You can do it.” 

 

-//- 

 

Hana was busy with the strawberry ice cream she had on her hand, but couldn’t ignore the distracted Woohyun in front of her. 

 

“What’s wrong, Woohyun?” 

 

Woohyun averted his gaze back to her, realizing he was zoning out, “I’m fine, sorry.” 

 

Hana looked at his eyes and smiled, “You know that doesn’t work on me,” she said, “What’s the matter? Is it Sunggyu?” 

 

Woohyun let out a small smile and nodded, “He’s going to be back tomorrow,” 

 

“I see,” The female her ice cream, “Are you going to meet him then?” 

 

“Can I?” 

 

“What do you mean?” Hana frowned and then looked back at the male and finished her ice cream, “You know you don’t have to ask permission from me.” 

 

“But this is not fair for you,” he said and added, “For us.” 

 

Hana gave him a kind smile, the genuine smile Woohyun always admired her for, “You’re doing me a favor, Woohyun,” she cupped his face with her hands gently, “It has never been fair for you.” 

 

Woohyun held her hands and smiled, “You’re too kind Hana, too kind.” 

 

The female leaned forward and gave Woohyun a peck on his forehead, “I know,” she then pecked his lips, “So are you.” 

 

-//-