Third

Eternal Spring

 

“I need to go. It’s an important meeting. You know the way right?”

“Yes oppa. I went there before remember?” She asks and he smiles. Married to Umji for 6 months, he knows how mature she is even though she is young.

After their honeymoon trip, he had been busy. Works keep piling up with additional project left and right. He even can spent only little time with his wife. He only has time during breakfast and dinner to see her face. But he sometimes skips that too.

Umji finished her fourth semester so she is coming to help him in the office. He is more than glad that she wanted to. He always dreamt of a girlfriend who will be a help in his job when he started as a CEO. The work is hard and he needs refreshing.

He remember how he think about his wife before this. He thought that she will be a trophy wife instead of someone who will help him for real. He realize that he was wrong. Umji is the one he really need and wants. A gem that he wants to keep with him all the time.

He always recharging himself after work with her smile. He knew his heart is leaning towards her more after their honeymoon. Though nothing special happen, their bond get stronger and Umji stopped being like how she used to. She stopped acting like a robot. She is more carefree but still she knows exactly the do’s and don’ts.

“It’s your second time driving so careful.” Said Vernon, patting his wife’s hair and left the house in a rush.

“This will be exciting!” He chanted as he starts the ignition before he click his tongue. “Damn meeting. I could have come later with my wife if they didn’t suddenly push the meeting earlier.”

Umji on the other hand chuckles and rushes to clean the kitchen and change her outfit. She tidied up her hair and put a simple hair clip that Vernon buy for her. “This look good on you.” She remember him saying that and a smile lit on her face.

“Kaja Yewon ah. Let’s meet him at office too.”


+++


Vernon smirks. “You rush me here this early just to tell us this crap?”

“CEO, mind your language.” The representative answer as he stood up in his seat. “We just want more changes to our.”

“What more?” He cuts him. “I had discuss it before. Everyone agreed. And what? Do you think we are the one who will be losing millions? No. You guys will.”

“CEO, we are not pushing you. We want to give you a suggestion.” He added.

“No, thank you. I don’t want to take your suggestion. I had enough. Merging with my wife’s is our highest achievement. I don’t mind losing a small and greedy partner like your company.” he stands after that.

“And now will you excuse me.” He said and left the meeting room, saying. “Anyone leave inside this room dealing with that guy will be fired so make your decision now.”

Vernon wears that face, the ‘grim reaper’ expression like how his staff dubbed him. His strides are big and confident while his gaze are intimidating. People tend to always lower their head or turn away if he watch them; especially if he was mad.

He stops walking when they reach the lobby that they need to pass by to enter the elevator. His staffs stops altogether and wonder why. “You are here?” he asks his wife and Umji smiled, nodding. The sudden change in his voice is of course shocking. But his employees still keep quiet. No one dare talking.

“Come on.” He said, holding her hand before pulling her towards him. He then turns to his secretary. “I’ll be in touch.” He said simply and leave them. Umji bows to the staffs while smiling so brightly and now they knew the secret. That the Grim Reaper can smiles.

“I will show you around.” He said, voice changing to the lovable husband he is and Umji nodded. She loves it when Vernon holds her hand like this. The little girl in her jumping excitedly.

“You look angry earlier.” She asks. Vernon chuckles. “I am dubbed as Grim Reaper. So I have to give an honour to my role.” Umji chuckles.

“But I like it when you smile. Less scary.”

“Am I scary?” He asked, glancing at her. Umji nodded. “Sometimes.” She said. “But you are kind, oppa.” Vernon smiled. “Really?” Umji smiled. “Deh.”

“I’ll only smile from now on okay?” umji giggles. “I don’t think you can do that. You are short tempered.” She stuck out her tongue and Vernon chuckles. “I admit that.” He said.

He once almost break his teeth as he grits them so hard; due to jealousy. It was him asking her about her childhood friend but he ended up getting mad. “I’ll accompany you if there is a need to meet your friends.” He said then, but Umji, being the kind girl she is just nodded. Still innocent to get the meaning behind that.

And yes, he did follow her to his birthday party, eyes on his wife wherever she goes, just because. Now he can laugh at his childishness, but he was too jealous back then. Umji can’t smile for someone else, not when she is his. 

Vernon then stop in front of his office. “This is your room.” He said, pulling Umji who was about to walk further. She purse her lips, looking at her husband. “But this.”

He stops her and pulls her with him, walking inside his room. “Will this be appropriate CEO?” She asks as she saw a desk with her name right opposite of Vernon’s.

“Why? I made a special request to make sure it is to your liking.” He said walking to her work place. He keeps checking here and there and nods few times before Umji chuckles. “I love it oppa. I was asking about the room. What will the staffs think if we share the same room?”

Vernon grin. “Ahh.” He rubs his nape. He thought he could look at her all the time if she is working inside his office. What a selfish decision. “I just want to make sure people don’t bully you.” Umji looks totally surprised. 

“They bully people?” Vernon nodded when it seems his wife buying that. “Of course. So keeping you here makes me feel reassure.”

“Gurae oppa. So I can start working?” she asks; excited. “Not yet. You have to meet people around us. The few important staffs.” Again Umji nodding. “Let’s do that then.”

Vernon smiled. He was thinking of hugging her for a bit earlier but he shouldn’t scare her right? He shrugs off the thought and brought Umji to the meeting room. His trusted staffs should pay respect to his wife.


+++


“She is cute.” Vernon said to his father and the President laughs. “I ask if she can blend along well. Not how is she to you young man.”

Vernon grins. One of his change after marriage. He becomes a pabo for her. “She is good at her job. She is a fast learner.”

His father nods. “Good. It will be easy after the merging process complete. You both can run the company smoothly.” Vernon sits straight. “Of course abeoji. We’ll do our best.”

“I know you will. I saw how hard you worked before. But Hansol ah, we are getting older. Please give us good news soon.”

“What kind of news abeoji?” he asked, hands on knees. The old guy laughs. “A pregnancy news maybe?”

Listening to that, Vernon grins. “Please grant our wish son.” His father added as he pats his son’s shoulder and Vernon still wear the same expression until he left the President office.

“Maybe its time to get more closer.”


+++


Umji feels that she was being watched but she doesn’t dare to look behind her. She keeps folding the clothes; ignoring the goose bumps she was feeling right now.

She keeps thinking whether she made any mistakes earlier in the office. But nothing comes to her mind.

It has been a while since he stares but Vernon doesn’t feel annoyed at all. Her movement, her focus, the way her hand moves and how she sometimes pushes the hair behind her ear makes him smile on his own.

“Yewon.”

He called and she quickly turns her head to answer him.

“Neh oppa?”

“Are you done?”

She nodded, a small smile on her lips. Vernon smiles at that and look at her lips before he his own. 

“I’m trying so hard to not eat you alive but I don’t think I can handle it anymore.” He thought as he look at his wife.

“I want you now.” He said, trying to see her expression.

“Uh?” She responds, eyes bulging.

Vernon laughs, gesturing her to sit beside him. Umji did went to him, hesitantly walking before she sat down; hand automatically rested on her lap. A habit.

“How long had we been married to each other?”

Umji thinks for a while before answering. “6 months.”

“That long right?” He asked.

She nodded.

“You know what I meant earlier?” He asked without taking his eyes off her.

“No?” He added and Umji shakes her head.

“I want you. Like how a husband wants his wife.” He continued and she stoned in her seat when he took her hand and holds them.

“Now you know what I mean right?”

“Neh.”

“Good.” He smirks as he squeezes on her cold hand. “I like you.” He said and traces his finger in her cheek. “Do you like me?” Umji swallows before she slowly nods, her cheeks redden.

“Will you give yourself to me now?”

“Right now?” she asks; blinking.

Vernon nodded.

“The elders had been asking when we will grant them grandchildren too.”

He said, focusing on his wife, her eyes, her lips, her quick breathing. It was hard for her to speak so he holds her chin with his two fingers. Eyes now on him.

“Okay?”

She just nod and blushed when he cups her face. She saw him getting closer but her mind goes blank, ears was blocked and she heard nothing when he finally kissed her.

 

 

 

 

 


P/S: Not gonna write mature chapter for the cutie pie.. don’t request me to do it.. 🙈

Love, Cherry 🍒