Fourth

Eternal Spring

 

Vernon wakes up with a huge smile on his face; thinking about last night. He turns to his side but his wife is nowhere to be found. He thought about cuddling and inhaling her sweet scent the first thing he woke but Umji always is an early bird.

 

 

Frowning; he walks out of the bed and pushes the bathroom door to see it empty. And right when he was about to complain, he smells his favourite soup.

 

“She must be cooking.” He mumbles with a cheeky grin and walks out to the kitchen.

 

“Here you are.” He said and she quickly had the blush on her face as he casually walking to her without wearing a shirt.

 

Clad with only boxer; he hugs his wife from behind and kisses her cheek. (Cliché af but who cares lol)

 

“Good morning wifey.”

 

“Mor. Morning oppa.”

 

Vernon chuckles and kisses her cheek once again before releasing her. He walks to the stool and sat down.

 

“Hmm my favourite.” He said, staring at her with heart eyes.

 

“Ahh neh. Do you want some? I almost finish.”

 

“I can have you?”

 

“Neh?” she asks, seriously surprised.

 

“I meant you when I said my favourite.”

 

He smiles; happy when her face keep reddening. Umji feels went dry and she coughs. Vernon quickly went to her and passes her a glass of water.

 

“Okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” She answers shortly which make him laughs again. He then kisses her forehead, long before he release her arm and pats her head.

 

“I won’t bother you then. Continue what you are doing, I’m taking a shower.”

 

She didn’t answer anything and quickly finish what was left off. She then brew him a cup of coffee and a cup of tea for herself.

 

After calming her thumping heart, Umji finally sat down and breath. “This is dangerous. I almost can’t breath.” She said, still calming her breathing and when she was finally okay, Vernon who appears out of nowhere carry her up and make her sits on the kitchen counter, tracing butterfly kisses down her neck and the rest is history.

 

 

+++

 

 

“CEO?” Vernon finally look at his secretary, the smile lingers a little bit before he nods his head, ready for his briefing. He said a lot of thing but then Vernon stops him. He can’t focus.

 

“Can you come again after 30 minutes?” he asks and the secretary agreed right away before walking out of the room. He presses the remote control and his room was hidden from his staff. He walks to Umji who was checking piling of files.

 

He chuckles at how her lips jutted out as she read the lines one by one. “Yewon.” He called and the younger quickly answers him. “Is it hard?” he asks and she shakes her head, smiling. “How long are you?” he added even though he knows it. He has been eyeing his wife since the first minute they start working earlier.

 

“I finished the hotels. The golf course is a bit hard.” She said and grins. Vernon smiles, leans down and kisses his wife on her lips. Umji pushes his chest a bit, eyes widen. “We are in the office. What will the staffs said.” Vernon laughs. “So its not that you dislike it right?”

 

“No why would I. It’s just. Here is our workplace.” She added but doesn’t mind standing when Vernon makes her to. He sat on the table and pulls her closer. She stands in between of his leg and her eyes on his chest, shy. Vernon holds her chin and shakes his head.

 

“This won’t work. I can’t do anything if this continues.” He said and she hold his cheek. “Oppa, are you okay? You don’t look good.” He drops his head on her shoulder.

 

“I am not. Heal me.” He said and she blinks. “Neh?” he smiles now. “Like this.” He said before leaning to her and kisses his wife; guided her hand to his nape and makes her hold him there. He pulls her even closer to him, the kiss went deeper and hotter when Umji kiss him back.

 

Her hand travel to his hair, gripped them slowly and makes Vernon smiled on the kiss. He pushes his tongue into , makes her open them and her cavern, his body hot and so his hand travels into her suits, trying to feel her skin. When his warm hand touched her stomach, Umji left his mouth.

 

“We should stop now.” She said, almost breathless from the kiss. But her hand is still on his shoulder. He saw she smiles. Vernon hugs her then and kisses her hair.

 

“I couldn’t control my desire I guess.” He said and she giggles. “Keeping me inside your room is not a good decision.” She said, now stepping back and fixes her shirt and blazer. Vernon laughs.

 

“Even if you are in another room, I’ll creep inside whenever.” He said and she chuckles. “It’s awkward to say this but we have all the time for ourselves at home.” A hint of red appears on her cheek and Vernon loves that.

 

“Help me wipes off the lipstick mark.” He said and leans to her. Umji chuckles but helps him. Vernon took her hand when she is done and kisses her palm.

 

“Have I told you this?” he asked and she had that confused expression. Vernon laughs and pulls her in his embrace. “I love you.” He said and she feel the bliss. Smiling, she kissed his neck before wiping the lipstick mark and hid her face on his chest. Vernon laughs and tighten the hug.

 

“I love you too, oppa.” There, she said it.

 

 

+++

 

 

Umji was busy from morning. She open and closes every room including the store room to search for it but failing miserably. “This is so sad.” She said, almost crying.

 

“Wait.” She finally remembers and walks to the washing room. She found it and close to run to it. She took it and smells it before hugging them. “This is it.” She said, closing her eyes.

 

“I wish you will come home soon oppa.” She said, caressing her tummy. She smiles. Vernon went to Japan four days ago. She is supposed to go too but she feels a little unwell so she was held back. When she asks her friend, she was told to do a pregnancy test and it comes out positive and since that day, she can’t without Vernon scent.

 

And her phone rang as if it gets the cue. Smiling, she answers them. “What are you doing wifey? I miss you so much.” Umji giggles. “I miss you a lot too. I wish you are here.” Pouting, she hugs his shirt dearly. She heard him chuckles. “If so, open the door now.” Umji widens her eyes and almost running before she was reminded of her pregnancy.

 

And yes, when she finally saw her husband in front of the door, she broke in tears. Vernon engulf her in his embrace and kisses her hair dearly. “Missing me that much huh?” he said and she nodded on his chest.

 

“Lets go inside. We can do so many thing that we missed.” Vernon chuckles as he said that. Umji smiles, still her tears couldn’t stop flowing out. “Why honey? Did something happen? Did someone bullied you? Or.” Umji pulls Vernon face to her and kisses him while smiling. Vernon pulls Umji closer by her waist and deepens the kiss.

 

“Oh I miss you so much.” He said in between the kiss. He then carried his dear wife and brings her into their bedroom. Placing Umji softly on the bed, he kisses her forehead, nose, eyes, cheek and neck. Their breathing hitched and when he her neck, Umji pushes him slowly. His mouth agape, surprised. His wife never pushes him. Not even when he comes back from exercise.

 

“Wae?” he asks when she sit down. “ Do I smell?” he asks and sniffs himself. Umji shakes her head and holds Vernon’s cheek. She smiles. “We haven’t greeted you properly yet.” She said and Vernon had that puzzled expression on his face.

 

Umji sat on his lap and pulls his hand towards her stomach. “Me and your baby.” She whispers and Vernon almost lost his word. “Baby?” he repeat after her and Umji nods. “Oh honey.” Vernon started crying and hugs his wife. “Thank you so much.” He said and holds the back of her head, caressing her hair. “I love you so much.” He added.

 

“I do too. A lot.” She said and kisses his shoulder. “Is that why you stopped me? Did the doctor said we can’t?” He asked like a fool and Umji laughs. “No.” She said. “I just want to let you know first before. You know. For you to not being too wild.” She murmurs the word with redden cheek. Vernon laughs.

 

“So, we can?” he asked and Umji nods. Changing to straddle his waist in kneeling position, she kissed him with love.

 

 

 

 

 

How long has it been?

Love, Cherry.