02.

Written in the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a tiny bit sense of sadness inside him as Kyungsoo heard the last few lines of the ending song, signalling the finale bow, this was their last night in Chile. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think about going to such a faraway place, and even farther culture than his own, the country was stifling hot-but as he stood in front of the crowd with his labelmates-he felt that he was exactly where he was supposed to be.

Kyungsoo was slightly aware of an uncommon presence beside him-uncommon because they were rarely around each other at such an event like this. It was Seungwan.

Kyungsoo grabbed a hold of Jongdae, the one to his left, as soon as he heard the very last melodies of 'Hope' then he glanced at her side-at her hand-and reached for it, getting her close to him.

Kyungsoo delicately put his hand over hers but it was occupied with her microphone so he settled holding her by the wrist instead. There was something about that moment that he couldn't quite place, forgetting about it as soon as he realized they bowed later than the rest of their labelmates. He mentioned their lack of coordination to Jongdae, and he heard her laughter. The sound was warm like the feel of her hand against his own.

"Kyungsoo, the food here is really good, you're the best at finding the best places to eat in," Chanyeol exclaimed between spoonfuls of his meat dish.

"Eh, wasn't it Wannie unnie?", Sooyoung, quipped, who was sitting beside Chanyeol. "I overheard her telling Manager Oppa about this place."

Chanyeol looked at him. "Did you two plan this ahead?"

"No," he replied firmly, adjusting the bridge of his eyeglasses. "We didn't have the chance to discuss this." In fact, as Kyungsoo recalled, he hadn't have any substantial conversation with her during their entire Chile trip, except for the casual hellos and good mornings.

"Kyungsoo, oppa," Sooyoung began, taking a sip of her Piscola, a popular local drink, before going back to him, "You and Wannie unnie are very similar."

"Oh? Why do you think so?"

"Well, I don't know a lot about oppa," she said, shyly, "but your demeanor are the same. The well-disciplined kids of the classroom."

"Ah," he started, "I have a crazy side too. I don't think Seungwan is like that."

"Speaking of Seungwannie, where is she?" Jongdae asked next to him.

"She went to the ladies' room, oppa," Seulgi supplied, before turning to Sooyoung, "Are you just noticing now? Baechu unnie and I have concluded this a long time ago, Kyungsoo oppa and Wannie are similar in a lot of ways."

From Kyungsoo's line of sight, he saw Wendy emerge out of nowhere. It was her figure at first but as soon as she got closer to their table, his vision had cleared, he could see her face breaking into a wide smile as soon as their gazes met. He felt his cheeks flush, Kyungsoo thought it might be the alcohol.

Her smile never seemed to falter and became even more lovely up close when she slid in the chair next to his. Have I really not noticed this lady all this time?

"What are you guys talking about?" she asked, hands folded at the table.

"Of course, our topic was about the one who wasn't around," Yeri replied, earning laughter from everyone. "Wannie unnie, have you slept well last night?"

He turned to look at her, she bowed her head in thought and shook her head. "No. I can't yet."

This information alarmed Kyungsoo. "Is it jetlag?"

"Yes, oppa." She replied. "I only had four hours of sleep before the concert yesterday, and today was even shorter, three hours."

"Did you take sleeping pills?" She didn't look tired at all to Kyungsoo but he could imagine her suffering.

"Yes I did, but this jet lag is stronger. I can't shut my brain but my body feels so tired."

"Take another one later, unnie. Maybe it will work this time." Yeri suggested.

Chanyeol coughed. "Why don't we have a movie night in your room later, Kyungsoo? Play one of your favorite movies and maybe Seungwannie would fall asleep in fifteen minutes..."

He would smack him right there and then but the table was a bit wide. "Just because your impatient can't enjoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter