06.

Written in the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo stumbles out of the practice room a little past eleven o' clock. He wouldn't have stopped hadn't he took a misstep, looked around, and wondered where everyone had gone before he remembered that he was all alone.

After his taping for Swing kids was over, he had swung by SM to practice another round of choreography for the upcoming Olympics at Pyeongchang.

Olympics--his heart had raced the first time he'd heard from their manager that they've been chosen to perform for such a historical event and so beyond everything they'd done thus far as idols. The challenge is staggering but every member is determined to rise up to it.

He was late to the group rehearsal so while everyone else was freshening themselves up and packing their stuff, he was just starting his warm-up routine. Sehun, the ever-reliable make, had offered to stay behind and practice with him. Kyungsoo was touched; but with a firm shake of his head, he told the younger guy that he would just be fine by himself. Kyungsoo also made a mental note to cook for and dine with Sehun the next time his schedule would permit it.

Kyungsoo had to let the poor staff that was assigned to him go, too. After having spent a full day on the film set catering to his every need, he knew they were exhausted. He told his hyungs and noonas to head home; without first reassuring them that he could manage on his own since he was just gonna be practicing for only a short while and that he would see them all in the morning.

Fatigue slowly creeps up his body as he walks along the hallways of SM, his muscles taut after grueling hours of taping and rehearsals but right now, all he could think about, as he watches his two feet move is the urge to break into a tap dance routine. It's fortunate that he's been progressing rather swiftly and skillfully when it comes to tap dancing--a feat that seemed impossible many months ago when he first read the script for Swing Kids.

In a flash, Kyungsoo hits something--someone, the impact almost causes the other person to trip over and fall. Luckily, his arms are quick enough to steady-

"Wendy?" he asks, both hands clutching at her shoulders. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking straight ahead. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, oppa." She gives him a warm smile. "What about you?" Worry asks, worry etched on her face.

Kyungsoo is so close to her that he could see just how good her skin is under the pale light, almost translucent. "I'm more than alright." He hastens to explain. "What are you doing at SM this late into the night?"

"Preparing for our next comeback, Kyungsoo oppa," Wendy replies, sweeping a portion of her hair behind her ear. "I feel like I'm still lacking in many areas so I decided to stay behind and practice a bit more."

Kyungsoo notices the check print on her black leggings, exactly like the logo in his track pants. They're both wearing Nike shoes too. He can't help but smile at that.

"What about you, oppa? Why are you still at SM during his time?" Wendy asks, bringing his attention back to her face.

"I..." he begins, not knowing why he feels suddenly invigorated which is weird because he was utterly spent from head to toe. Maybe because of the scent he caught a whiff of from her earlier. A mix of apricot and jasmine and something else he can't name. "Same as you, Wendy. Practice makes perfect, huh?" He says the last lin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter