03.

Written in the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo checks the time on his phone lockscreen. It says: 9:32 PM. Any minute now.

Kyungsoo's busied himself since he got into his hotel suite two hours ago. Busy but unproductive is how he likes his vacation to be.

His first break from work in seven years. It's staggering if he mulls over it but Kyungsoo doesn't dwell. He focuses on his work--he lives in the present. 

Kyungsoo's a workaholic, he admits that now. How incredibly lucky he is that he's buzzing with passion for every project that he gets to do. It's rare, and he feels grateful.

The first hour he'd watched another episode of Dexter, an American tv series he spent sixteen hours out of his six days binge-ing two seasons. 

The second hour is spent flipping through channels and watching whatever caught his attention for good ten minutes before he picks the remote up and presses next.

Three knocks, and Kyungsoo bolts to the door. Just as he gets it open, a pair of thin, strong arms wrap over his shoulders.

"Hey." he says, chuckling.

Wendy doesn't reply and presses her body closer, forcing Kyungsoo backwards till his legs hit leather and he falls on the sofa, taking Wendy with him. She lands perfectly on his lap.

They both giggle.

"How's your flight?" he asks.

"Fine, oppa." she replies.

Kyungsoo couldn't meet her gaze so he adjusts her position and cups her face in his hand. He thought he could get used to this by now - seeing her face this close. Her eyes, nose, lips... and her hair, it's now short and fresh like the first breeze of spring.

"Oppa," she whines, shifting on his lap, "don't stare at me like that."

"Why not?" he asks. He reaches for her chin again and gives her a full peck on the lips. "You're so beautiful," he murmurs.

"Did Baekhyun oppa go home alright?" she asks, changing the subject now.

Fly safe, punk. He texts Baekhyun as soon as he reaches for his terminal.

He doesn't get any reply till he's sitting comfortably inside a taxi en route to his hotel.

Be careful. And don't forget that Wendy has to perform on their concert so don't tire her out.

;)

Kyungsoo almost types the knife emoji but decides ignoring the message and pockets his phone instead.

 

Kyungsoo's six day vacation started great.

The first day, he ushered the new year with Wendy at his home. His family was already asleep when they both returned back from Gayo Daejejeon. Kyungsoo reheated some leftover food and they spent the first hours of the year eating off each other'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter