OH SEHUN

Finding a Second Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

OH SEHUN

 

I don’t think it is a really good idea to go to this blind date Chanyeol has prepared, but these guys just won’t let me go. It’s not like I haven’t tried to escape, but Kyungsoo has his tiny hands wrapped around my neck. I swear, even if that doesn’t sound much of a threat, he has his eyes glaring at me, watching me if my eyes at least have any signs saying I’m about to flee.

I’ve never been on the receiving end of his wrath—nor do I plan to—so I endure the absolute torture of walking side by side with them while inwardly hoping this will all end soon. I’m not staying there for more than an hour. I don’t think I can.

They’ve thrown me in a couple of blind dates and they all did not end well. All those girls I met said I was a complete jerk and that’s my role going to be for today as well. Knowing that, I am not certain why Chanyeol even wants me to be there when he knows fully well I am not going to be that willing to cooperate. He’ll just lose his chance winning that girl’s heart because of me. 

But it’s not like he did not know he’s signing up for unbearable consequences when he, Jongin and Kyungsoo coerced me into coming after I said I changed my mind.

They all know what’s coming.

I don’t have to feel so guilty.

“It’s that restaurant we’re going to.” Chanyeol excitedly points at a quaint little restaurant that says ‘Wendy’s Kitchen’.

I raise a brow at the choice of meeting place. Compared to their past venues, this is so normal. Chanyeol doesn’t really meet his girls in places like this ever since learning the habit from Jongin about meeting girls at bars or pubs. He’s such a late bloomer that you can say he’s at his peak of puberty right now in terms of dating. And the worst thing is that recently his role model has been Kim Jongin, the resident playboy who only dates someone for a month.

Kyungsoo instinctively dusts invisible dirt on his shoulders upon hearing Chanyeol say the magic keyword. He has not ever been so uncomfortable like this before, but since he’s meeting girls for the first time in public that’s why probably he’s acting nothing like him when around us.

I want to chuckle at this little detail about Kyungsoo, but he glares back at me before I can even let out a sound. I gulp at the deathly eyes looking back at me and remain silent. There’s nothing worse than making him even more uncomfortable right now so I smile in encouragement though my lips threaten to twitch into a grin.

Jongin rubs his hands together and says with a smirk, “better not keep the ladies waiting. Let’s go there and get this done with!” I nod at him in agreement. This better be quick or I’ll leave on my own without further notice.

Someone puts a hand on my shoulders and I know immediately it’s Chanyeol. “You just have to sit there quietly and not say anything if you don’t want to. I mean, from what I heard her friends are all nice, but since you’re not interested, I will not force you to really go on a separate date with one of the three girls she brought with her. Just don’t be so mean if you have to reject your blind date,” he says while pleading with his eyes.

I grin a bit wider than I am supposed to and shake my head. “You seem more smitten than I thought about this girl you met at that place that you need my cooperation,” I . “I’m not sure what she has that you’re already wrapped around her little finger, but I’ll try.” He sighs in relief. I guess, that’s good enough of a promise for him. I’m just not so sure I can promises

Now, this just all depends on the girl I’ll be paired to.

Chanyeol leads us to the restaurant and opens the door so we can enter. The chime tinkles, signifying our arrival. As soon as we get in, a really appetizing smell makes my stomach silently grumble. Now, that I think about it, I haven’t eaten any breakfast, but it looks like I’ll be feasting on their food here. It may not be so bad since the smell’s really nice.

“Welcome to Wendy’s Kitchen!” Someone shouts and we all look to the direction where the voice came from and found a lady putting on a feast on a table with two girls already seated.

They are busy organizing the dishes on the table that they don’t notice us approaching, but I know from this distance they must be the girls we are meeting.

“Ya, Sooyoung, are you sure this will be enough for all of us?” A pale-skinned lady with elfish features say to the girl putting on the plates on the table. She’s beyond pretty, to be honest, but I feel like she’ll be high maintenance if she becomes someone’s girlfriend.

The girl called Sooyoung looks back at the counter and then at the food at the table repeatedly and then says to her companion, “it should be enough, Joohyun. So, calm down. If we add Hana to the count, it will still be enough for the eight of us.”

I freeze at the name she said. Hana. I know there’s a big chance that it isn’t the same Hana that has been haunting me in my sleep for years, but I still react easily to the name. It’s just such a sensitive subject that I feel like turning around, but Chanyeol steps in, knowing it makes me so uncomfortable to talk about that name.

Chanyeol clears his throat, catching all of their attention. “Joohyun? It’s me, Chanyeol,” he says sheepishly with a smile. The three of them look at each other and with wide eyes look back at us.

The person named Joohyun blinks back and regains her composure. She then stands up and smiles at Chanyeol sweetly. “Y-you’re finally here. Why don’t you and your friends take a seat?”

Chanyeol nods enthusiastically and laughs like an idiot. “That will be perfect. My friends and I are actually all excited to meet you and your own friends,” he says, rubbing his nape. I want to slap the back of his head for suddenly acting all so shy. It’s not like him to act this way in front of us, but obviously he’s smitten with this Joohyun that he’s acting nothing like himself. Such a lovesick puppy. I can’t see myself being like that. I’ll die before I even turn to that mush.

“Oh, is that so?” One of the three girls that I am yet to put a name to says, her eyes sparkling in delight at us. “Well, com’on then. Take your seats.” She gestures for the four of us to sit opposite them at the table and then adds, “I know this is short notice, but we’re just waiting for our other friend to arrive. You see, she’s a bit late since she’s coming from somewhere urgent just around the area.”

“That’s fine with us. It’s not like we’re all in a rush. She can take her time. We have all day to get to know her and all,” Jongin expertly says.

Joohyun smiles sweetly at him but directs her next words to Chanyeol. “Don’t worry. Hana doesn’t like people to wait for long. She’ll be here in no time,” she assures us. To me, though, this Hana can take all the time in the world or maybe she can just not come. It’s just that I’m a little bit curious, but I’m not ready to see her—whether she’s that Kim Hana or a another Hana.

Jongin notices the change in my mood and starts to divert the conversation to something else so I am left alone. When I say that, he basically starts bragging about his dance studio. Then Chanyeol starts telling Joohyun about his band ‘EXO’ and how he’s the lead guitarist besides being a DJ here and there. Then our shy Kyungsoo; I’m not sure what he’s telling Chaeyoung, but at least she’s smiling.

Please log in to read the full chapter