C - Deal

Consequences

Consequences | Two

 

DEAL

 

"I-I'm sorry." Ten uttered after he threw up on him. He did't expect that he would throw up that easily.

 

"It's okay," Taeyong said as he wrapped his arms around Ten's waist because the shorty is really drunk and the way he walk is quite concerning now. "I'll just assist you to your apartment."

 

Ten just sighed "But... I don't want to go home..." 

 

"Look at you... you're drunk and yet you don't want to go home? Are you nuts?" Taeyong said as he rolled his eyes.

 

It's true that this is the first time they talked to each other but Taeyong doesn't care if Ten is drunk at the moment, he just want the guy to go home since his physical state is not well. 

 

He's just a concerned citizen. That's all.

 

Ten laughed "Y-yeah... maybe I am nuts." 

 

Ten taught of what happened that day and because of that he just want to drown himself with alcohol again. He should've stayed a little longer at the pub.

 

And now he regret leaving at the pub that early.

 

He sighed.

 

"Are you okay?" Taeyong suddenly asked. He sensed from Ten's last answer that he's not okay and since he's a concerned citizen he just want to ask if he's okay or he just want to get drunk because he want to.

 

He smirked "Oh I wish I'm okay."

 

Taeyong sighed as he shook his head. Now he's sure that Ten's not okay "Where's the key of your apartment? I really think you need to rest... Uhh scratch that, you need to rest." and he really want to change his shirt since Ten threw up on him.

 

The shorty don't know why but because of what the taller said he immediately gave the key of his apartment and entrusted the guy with all his might for that night.

 

He knew Taeyong's a nice guy because they attend the same university. They might not talk to each other but his friends knew that Taeyong's not a bad guy.

 

So when Taeyong got the key he immediately assisted Ten in walking towards his apartment and when they reached the apartment he used the key and open the door. To his surprise Ten's apartment is clean. He didn't know he's such a clean guy to start off.

 

"Hey, don't give all your weight on me, idiot." said Taeyong since Ten's giving him a hard time and the couch from his apartment is far across the room.

 

"I-I'm not that heavy! You're just weak!" said Ten then he laugh because of Taeyong.

 

Taeyong looks irritated after what Ten uttered and said "What the hell? I'm not weak! You're just in' heavy!"

 

To be honest Ten is not that heavy but he just find comfort through Taeyong that's why he did that. And it's so weird since this is their first physical interaction with each other and he already find comfort through him.

 

"I... am not that h-heavy..." Ten said but Taeyong just shook his head and lay down Ten softly at the couch when they reach the living room.

 

"I have to go now, Ten."

 

Ten just stared at him.

 

"I uhh need to change also. You can handle yourself now right?" Taeyong added but Ten just continue staring at him and he seems to be more curious why Ten acted that way "uhh is there a problem?"

 

That's when Ten smirked "Problem? . I don't even wanna talk about problems it's just ." 

 

Taeyong sighed "I-I'm sorry. I'll just go home."

 

"N-no, Taeyong... please stay..." Ten sincerely said "I've had a rough day and I really want to talk to someone since my friend told me to come home when I was at the pub. I'm sorry for being uhh rude..."

 

Taeyong stared at him. Ten look devastated and really drunk. His eyes are swollen.. and he's crying?

 

That might be one of the effect of alcohol to him, he's becoming emotional now.

 

So what he did is sit on the floor near the couch and looked at Ten "Why are you crying?"

 

Ten just laugh "This is embarrassing but my boyfriend broke up with me," while Ten's talking you can see the pain in his eyes and Taeyong can see the pain on the shorty's eyes "He's such a for breaking up with me."

 

He stopped for awhile just to look at him "What? I mean, I think there's still a lot o--"

 

"It's our third anniversary."

 

Taeyong was shocked "Oh . That's ed up."

 

Ten laughed again "I'm ed up. Clearly he's fine without me. And he's such a bull for playing with my ing heart."

 

To be honest, Taeyong want to laugh because Ten can't stop cussing and he just remember someone he know before but he respect Ten's situation so he decided not to laugh.

 

"Did you asked him what's his reason?" Taeyong asked.

 

Ten shook his head "I don't need to hear his explanation. He have his decision already so why bother asking him his reason? Asking his reason will not even convince him to stop breaking up with me."

 

Taeyong can't believe on what he heard. "But you could've just listen to his reason so that you wouldn't be that mad at him for breaking up with you."

 

"He said he want to find himself."

 

"But you didn't ask him why he want to find himself, am I right?"

 

He didn't respond. Of course the tall guy's right.

 

"See? How can you know his side if you will not give him a chance to explain himself?"

 

"You can say that because you're not in my shoes." Ten said as he rolled his eyes.

 

"But once you asked him, you might understand him and it will lessen your grudges for him." Taeyong said. It's just his opinion after all.

 

"Y-you don't understand me."

 

Taeyong sighed "I will stop this now. I don't want to argue with you, Ten. That's just my opinion but I respect your decision."

 

After that Ten didn't talk anymore and just stare at him. Taeyong thought that Ten might be thinking of something that's why he suddenly stopped talking.

 

"Lee Taeyong."

 

"What?"

 

"Help me."

 

"Help you on what?"

 

"To move on."

 

Taeyong was startled to be honest, he didn't expect Ten would say that to him. And why would it have to be him?

 

"Ten, you can clearly do that yourself. Why do I need to help you on that?" Taeyong asked the shorty.

 

He sighed "I know myself, Lee Taeyong. I can't do it if someone will not motivate me to stop stalking him or like stop looking at his messages... you know... like looking at our pictures... because I still love him and it will be hard for me to move on if I will just rely on myself."

 

Taeyong shook his head "And how would I supposed to help you to move on?"

 

"I-I don't know... maybe just help me to get distracted or like hangout with me? Just for one week, Taeyong... If I can do it in one week then I can do it for months or for years..." Ten said. He tried the best thing he can do to convince the guy and he hope he'll agree.

 

Taeyong sighed "And what will I get if I will help you?"

 

"A blind date!"

 

Taeyong rolled his eyes "Do you even know my type?"

 

"I-I don't know but I know someone who you might like! Uhh, he's a bartender." Ten said as he wiggle his eyebrows.

 

Taeyong just laugh.

 

"Why are you laughing? I'm serious, Lee Taeyong!"

 

"Nothing. But, clearly this is just for a week okay?" Taeyong asked since he want to be sure before he make a decision.

 

"Just for a week."

 

"And you're not drunk right? You know what you're saying?"

 

The shorty nodded aggressively "I'm completely sober now. I know what I said." 

 

Taeyong left out a heavy sigh "Okay. I'll help you."

 

Ten smiled as soon as he heard Taeyong's answer "T-thank you so much! You don't know how happy I am now."

 

Taeyong just rolled his eyes "Yeah right. But hey Ten, I'll just go home for awhile... I really need to change my shirt."

 

The shorty looked at him and saw some stain all over his shirt...and for a moment Ten panicked for awhile "Uhh. You can borrow my shirt. I'll get one upstairs." then he stood up but his balance is definitely not stable.

 

"Are you sure you can go up? Uhm... if you'll allow me to go up and get a shirt then..."

 

Ten nodded "P-please. You can go up and get a shirt from my closet. My room was the one on the left. You can use any shirt you want. Hmm, you can also use my bathroom if you want. It's clean so no need to worry."

 

Taeyong immediately went upstairs and go to the shorty's room. 

 

He's surprised again to see that Ten's room was clean and not messy like his room. Once he reached the cabinet he grab the first shirt he saw. 

 

Since he's already there, he used Ten's bathroom too since he really stinks because of the shorty's puke. 

 

So what Taeyong did is grab the hand towel and watered it then he slightly dab it in his body. After that he use Ten's shirt.

 

When Taeyong was already down stairs he saw Ten at his kitchen counter drinking again?

 

He's drinking canned beer.

 

"You're drinking again?" Taeyong asked him even if it's obvious.

 

"Celebration, I guess? Since you told me you'll help me. Oh here. Drink one." Ten said as he handled him a canned beer.

 

Taeyong accepted it of course. Even though he doesn't drink that much he just want to accompany Ten in drinking even just for a bit.

 

"Maybe a week won't hurt. That's why I said yes."

 

Ten raised an eyebrow as he "Oh really? It's not about the bartender I'm talking about?" 

 

Taeyong just shook his head "Nah, but I would like to try. This bartender should be great."

 

"Oh he is great. You'll definitely love him!"

 

Taeyong just smiled.

 

Just what the was he doing? 

 

---

 

It's eight o'clock in the morning when Taeyong woke up. He went home from Ten's past two in the morning when the shorty fall a sleep but before leaving he made a congee and left a note beside Ten.

 

= I cooked a congee. Make sure to eat some when you woke up. 

 

ty =

 

Suddenly his phone rang.

 

"Just what the are you doing, mister?!" said the person on the other line.

 

"Huh?" he asked then he checked the caller ID and it's Jaehyun, his best friend.

 

"You texted me at 2 am saying you're helping your neighbor to move on?! What are you? Nuts?! And since when did you two become friends?! Huh!"

 

Jaehyun kept on blurting out while Taeyong scanned his phone and his friend is right, he texted him and he clearly didn't remember texting him. 

 

Oh . As far as he can remember he drink 3 canned beer with Ten before he left the apartment. Good thing he still handled cooking the congee pretty well.

 

"It's just for a week, Jae." Taeyong stated. 

 

Well, nothing bad might happen for a week that's why he agreed on helping the guy.

 

"Many things might happen in a week, ty." Jaehyun said.

 

"Like what?"

 

"You falling in love with your neighbor. Have you ever consider that?"

 

"That happens?"

 

Jaehyun rolled his eyes "Don't be too naive about this stuff, ty. You should've known the consequences before saying yes."

 

He sighed "But I don't know that might happen. I mean, I just want to help him. He looks so hopeless last night."

 

"Just whatever, ty. Many things might happen in a week and I hope you're ready to face the consequences." Jaehyun reminded him.

 

"Jae, I will just help me. I will not fall in love with him." Taeyong stated.

 

"I will definitely laugh when I see you if ever you fall in love with him, Mr. Lee Taeyong. I'm serious here."

 

Taeyong sighed "Don't mind me, Jae. This is nothing."

 

"Taeyong you just got dumped last night and then suddenly you'll tell me that you're going to help your neighbor to move on... I don't know anymore." Jaehyun said before he left out a heavy sigh.

 

"Don't worry, Jae. I'll be fine."

 

"Just be ready, ty. Just be ready."

 

Now that Jaehyun reminded him... is he really ready?

 

No.

 

•••

 

It's almost New Year, I hope you guys are enjoying the Holidays with your family and friends.

 

Here's another chapter. I hope you'll love it. I would love to hear some of your thoughts also.

 

Thank you!

 

Enjoy the day.

 

-BYEpjulienne