C - Rules

Consequences

Consequences | Three

 

RULES

 

DAY 1

 

"Hey" Ten suddenly said the moment Taeyong stepped out of his apartment. To be honest Taeyong was shocked to see Ten in front of his apartment but in the same time he's now sure that Ten's not drunk when he told him about the deal "So today's day one."

 

Taeyong scratched the back of his head "Ah, yeah... yeah. Day one." 

 

Ten narrowed his eyes while looking at him and said "Did you forgot it? Maybe you're the one who's drunk last night."

 

Taeyong caught off guard and said "I-I'm not drunk last night! Y-you're the one who threw up on me and that's the first time we talked to each other, mister."

 

Ten sighed "Okay. Fine then I'm sorry. I didn't know I would throw up like that to you. But, hey. Today's day one."

 

Taeyong just sighed and start walking. Actually their apartment is just a fifteen minutes away from their university and he always walk going to their university... but this is the first time they are walking together on their way to school.

 

"Yeah day one and I didn't expect you would walk with me on the way to the university." Taeyong said.

 

Ten rolled his eyes "Why do you sound like you're annoyed? Hey, we agreed to this."

 

Taeyong was shocked "Agreed?"

 

"Yeah, rules."

 

"There are rules?"

 

Ten laughed a bit "Yeah. Maybe you're drunk when you made the rule."

 

Taeyong was totally shocked and he didn't really remember that they made rules for that one week thing. "Are you being serious or you're just fooling me around?"

 

Ten shook his head "It's on your notes. We made the rules last night."

 

Taeyong looked at him for a minute before browsing the notes of his phone and to his surprise again... it's real.

 

They really made rules.

 

  1. Walk together every morning for school
  2. Don't mention Johnny's name when we're together
  3. Do not fall in love with each other

 

"What the with these rules?" Taeyong complained.

 

Ten just rolled his eyes "Why are you complaining now? We talked about this last night."

 

"I clearly have no idea that we made this rules."

 

"Maybe you're too drunk last night. And now I confirmed you're a light drinker." Ten mocked him.

 

"Okay whatever but the with rule number three?" Taeyong complained again.

 

Ten just smirked "You made that rule, . Stop complaining already. As if I'm going to fall in love with you." then he rolled his eyes and walk a little bit faster than Taeyong.

 

Taeyong just shook his head "As if I'm going to fall in love with you too."

 

Ten just sighed "Whatever. Let's just go to school."

 

Then both of them didn't talk to each other after that.

 

When they reached the university, many people are staring at them and Taeyong don't mind all the stares of course they would look at them like that... Ten's break up and his break up is already on the school's website.

 

"What the with all that stares? It's ing annoying." Ten said as he rolled his eyes.

 

"Haven't you heard it already? Your break up and my break up was at the school's website and we're together that's why they are staring at us like that." Taeyong shrugged.

 

"Oh wait, you got a boyfriend which broke up with you yesterday too?" Ten asked him and he just stared at him that's why he got flustered "Ah... girlfriend? Oh my god why did I even said boyfriend..."

 

Taeyong laughed at him.

 

"W-why are you laughing? Hey, I didn't know okay. I thought you're just like me but it why am I even explaining myself." Ten just shook his head

 

"You're funny, Ten."

 

Ten's eyes widen upon hearing Taeyong's answer "I-I'm not even joking to be that funny???"

 

Taeyong just shook his head "Your reactions are priceless, shorty."

 

Ten's eyes narrowed a bit as he look at Taeyong "Shorty? How dare you call me shorty???"

 

"I'm taller than you." said Taeyong.

 

"Literally just two inches! I'm not that short."

 

"You are to me." Taeyong that's why Ten walked faster to go to their room. Actually they're in the same class.

 

The moment Taeyong arrived at their classroom there's still no professor since their class will start at 1:30pm and it's just 1:00pm.

 

He saw Ten beside his seat and he's confused why he's there since his original seat is beside Johnny.

 

Taeyong walked closer to sit on his seat and then he asked Ten "Why are you there? That's Jaehyun's seat."

 

"He said I can use his seat for this week."

 

Taeyong still don't get it why they need to exchange seats "You don't need to exchange seat with Jaehyun, you know."

 

"You're telling me to sit beside Johnny even though he broke up with me? I clearly don't want to sit beside him... it still affects me, Taeyong. I can't... it still hurts."

 

Ten sighed.

 

"But if you don't want I'll just ask Yuta to exchange seat with me so that Jaehyun can sit here on his place."

 

"Ah. N-no! I guess it's fine. Just sit there. I guess it's fine." Taeyong said as he shook his head.

 

"Thank you."

 

Taeyong just smirked and looked at him "Shorty."

 

"Don't call me that nickname, it's annoying." Ten said as he rolled his eyes.

 

"But you just violated rule number two." Taeyong smiled as he wiggle his eyebrows.

 

"Oh . I didn't mean to." Ten panicked a lil bit.

 

"In that case... Let's go." Taeyong said as he stood up.

 

"Huh? Where are we going?"

 

"Somewhere. Somewhere that you can't see him."

 

"So we're ditching our class?"

 

"Yeah, there's still no professor so are you down?"

 

Ten just smiled "Okay whatever let's just go." then he stood up and followed Taeyong. "If something happens I'll blame it all to you." Ten joked.

 

"Why blame me when you agreed to me anyway?" Taeyong said

 

"Yeah right. I'm just kidding." Ten said as they walk together.

 

This will just be for a week and he don't want to waste it that's why he agreed to Taeyong's decision.

 

"So... where are we going?" Ten asked Taeyong when they're outside the university

 

"Where do you want to go?" Taeyong asked him

 

"Hmm... what about the park? I don't know... i just want to talk with you and just forget him for awhile."

 

"Sure. Let's go to the park near our apartment." Taeyong said and then Ten just followed him.

 

---

 

The park near their apartment is Taeyong's favorite place when he want to be alone and just want to clear his mind about a certain thing. To be honest that's the first time Ten went to that park. 

 

"You know this is my first time to come here." Ten said to Taeyong as soon as they sat on the bench.

 

"I'm not surprised to be honest since I've been here so many times and I haven't even encountered you here before." Taeyong said as he shook his head

 

"Well, there's a first time for everything." Ten casually said and then Taeyong just nodded as his sign of agreement.

 

They stay silent for awhile after that small talk but it was Taeyong who broke up the silence.

 

"So, shorty. What do you want to talk about?" 

 

Ten glared at him "Stop calling me shorty. I said it's annoying."

 

He just laughed "It's not annoying... it suits you to be honest."

 

Ten just rolled his eyes "Whatever. Okay tell me something about yourself."

 

"Wow. Now you're interested in me."

 

"You're really annoying. I just want you to tell something about yourself because clearly even though I don't remember everything I said last night, I probably said a lot of things about me and it's not fair i--"

 

He chuckled "Okay. Fine. So yeah, just like you my boyfriend broke up with me last night—"

 

Ten was in shock "Boyfriend??? I thought girlfriend? OH MY GOD!"

 

Taeyong laughed "Nah, I told you your reactions are priceless. But yeah, not a girlfriend. Why are you so shocked about that?"

 

"N-nothing. I just thought you're into ladies and not dudes." Ten stated.

 

"Hmm, I see. But yeah that's why you saw me walking home alone and the rest is history." Taeyong said as he shook his head remembering what happened last night.

 

"Ohh... so your boyfriend always walk you home after school or something?" Ten casually asked him.

 

"He does. But I just want to correct you, he's my 'ex' now." 

 

Ten just rolled his eyes "Whatever you know what I mean already... Hmm, may I know who's your ex?"

 

Taeyong just stared at him and he was nervous for a moment

 

"Ahh, if you don't want to say it then it's fine with me." Ten suddenly said.

 

Taeyong laughed "Nakamoto Yuta."

 

The shorty was indeed shocked again "No way! You're serious right?"

 

He nodded "I am. He's my ex."

 

"How is that even possible?"

 

"What the hell? Of course it's possible he's like my ex. He talked to me first." just like what you did.

 

"Oh wow now you're boasting." Ten complained.

 

Taeyong just chuckled "Because it's true. He approached me first then yeah we become a couple."

 

"But why don't you look like hurt or something? He literally broke up with you yesterday also. Why does it seem that you look fine?" Ten's confused while asking him.

 

"I am hurt but I just accepted the fact that we're not for each other and he told me his reason... and I listen to him which clearly you did not listen to your ex that's why you're really hurt now." Taeyong said and Ten just sighed.

 

"Yeah. But you can't blame me. It's a three year relationship that I wanted to save but he's already sure with his decision." Ten said as he rolled his eyes.

 

Taeyong just lifted his eyebrows and nodded "Well, maybe it happened for a reason. You know, maybe he's not the one for you."

 

"And maybe Yuta is not the one for you also." 

 

"Yeah right." Yuta still love his ex-boyfriend which is his boyfriend again. Dong Sicheng.

 

Taeyong frowned then Ten suddenly lean towards him.

 

"Oh, did I just see you frowned? Are you hurt? I didn't mean to you know. I mean..."

 

Taeyong just shook his head "It's okay. I'm okay, Ten."

 

But Ten seems to be bothered because of Taeyong's body language that's why he stood up and hold Taeyong's hand "Stand up."

 

"What? Why would I?"

 

"Just follow me."

 

"To where?"

 

"Just shut up and follow me."

 

Taeyong stay silent and followed Ten.

 

After five minutes they're in a convenience store.

 

"What are we doing here?" Taeyong asked Ten.

 

"Buying you an ice cream. You know eating ice cream can make you feel better at some point." Ten said while choosing a flavor "What do you want?" 

 

Taeyong just stared at him. He just didn't expect that the shorty will buy him ice cream. It's just so unexpected.

 

"Green Tea Ice Cream." 

 

Ten just nodded and get one green tea ice cream and a chocolate ice cream.

 

After paying Ten gave the ice cream to Taeyong. "Here you go."

 

"Thanks."

 

Wow, really unexpected.

 

So now they bought the ice cream they went back at the park and sat on the bench and continued talking to each other.

 

"Oh hey, I cooked congee at your apartment. Did you eat it?"

 

Ten nodded "It's good. Thank you by the way. To be honest I didn't know you'll cook something considering you really look drunk after drinking 3 canned beer."

 

"Now you're teasing me." Taeyong said as he shook his head.

 

He just laugh "I can tease you too you know. But to be honest you look like a jock outside but you're a nerd inside." Ten said as he stared at Taeyong.

 

Taeyong looked back and said "Let me guess... you like jocks do you?"

 

Ten got shy and said "No. I like Johnny."

 

"Because he's clearly a jock." Taeyong stated and then said "But you mentioned his name... you know we should have rules or should I say consequences when we violated the rules we made for this week."

 

The shorty just rolled his eyes "But you mentioned your ex's name also!"

 

"You asked me who he is but that's not in the rules."

 

The shorty hissed. "We should add that also! It's unfair that I cannot mention his name but you can mention your ex's name!"

 

Taeyong just rolled his eyes as he get his phone from his pocket.

 

  1. Walk together every morning for school
  2. Don't mention Johnny and Yuta's name when we're together
  3. Do not fall in love with each other

 

Ten looked at Taeyong's phone and said "That looks great."

 

"Yeah right, speaking of the consequences I thought about one..." Taeyong said and that caught the shorty's attention

 

"So what is it?"

 

"When each one of us mentioned our exes name then we will delete a photo of our ex or your picture together in your phone." Taeyong said as he smirk "So what do you think?"

 

"I don't want to!" The shorty doesn't want to do it because he have a lot of photos of them together and he doesn't want to delete it... it's the memories of their happy moments together.

 

"How can you move on if you will keep on looking at your old photos together? Ten, he already broke up with you I hope you remember that."

 

Ten sighed "Whatever! Let's just get over with this !" and then he randomly selected two photos of him and Johnny in his camera roll and deleted it... even if it's hard for him... he did it.

 

"You're starting great, Ten. I guess that's all for today." Taeyong said then he stood up and then Ten did the same. For a moment they stay silent but then Taeyong hugged Ten "I hope you won't get mad at me with what I said today... I just want to help you."

 

Ten hugged him back as he nodded "I understand." then he's the first one to let go of the hug "Thanks again for today. I really appreciate it. I'll see you tomorrow!"

 

Taeyong just nodded.

 

Day one is already done. Taeyong's convinced that he'll do great in the next few days... he hope. 

 

----

Happy New Year ya'll.

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. I'll try my best to update every week.

I hope to know your thoughts also about this story. Thanks!

-BYEpjulienne