C - Agreement

Consequences

Consequences | Five

 

AGREEMENT

 

It's been fifteen minutes since Taeyong told Ten to leave them alone but still his conscience has been telling him to go to Taeyong's apartment.

 

He sighed. He knew that Taeyong is still his cargo since he's the one who told him to drink with him so he's really worried about him.

 

"Whatever. I'll just go there." He said after battling with his mind. He doesn't care if Yuta is still there with Taeyong, he just want to check Taeyong is he's doing fine over his apartment.

 

So he get his keys, the towel, the medicine on his bar counter and immediately went to Taeyong's house.

 

Now, he's already in front of Taeyong's apartment and he's really nervous. He breathe in deeply before knocking three times at the door but no one is answering. He tried it again for a couple of times but still, there's no response. So he tried opening the door knob and to his surprise it is unlocked.

 

Ten entered Taeyong's apartment without the consent of the lad and when he's already inside he saw Taeyong sitting at the couch and looking at nothing in particular. So he looked closer and saw some tears on the lad's cheeks.

 

"What happened?" Ten asked him. He sat down beside Taeyong and put the towel, medicine and some other stuffs that he brought at the table.

 

Taeyong just smirked and didn't talk but Ten remain silent and just waited for him to openly talk to him.

 

"It hurts." Taeyong suddenly said; still looking at nothing in particular and Ten's just listening to him. "I saw them together at the party."

 

That strike Ten's heart. If it was him and he saw Johnny with someone else, for sure he'll get hurt also. He understand now why Taeyong acted like that at the bar.

 

"Even though I told myself so many times that 'It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.' But it 'cause it's not really okay. I'm not ing okay" Taeyong said while drinking a beer in can.

 

Ten tried to get the beer on his hand but Taeyong reflexes so quickly that he didn't get the beer.

 

"Just let me drink this much today, Ten. Please. I need this." Taeyong said as he drink his beer.

 

Ten shook his head "I understand how awful what happened while ago and I'm sorry for leaving you behind, Taeyong..." he stopped for awhile to look at Taeyong which really looks devastated now and not to mention he certainly looks drunk "But drinking that much of beer wouldn't help you with your problem. Believe me, I'm an expert when it comes to this thing." then he chuckled a bit.

 

Taeyong just rolled his eyes "But it hurts Ten," he laughed a bit "This is not the Taeyong I know but it. I didn't know that seeing them together would affect me this much."

 

Ten just nodded "I know. I will not lie. I know it ing hurts. But Tae, drinking that much alcohol in one day will not make you feel better... you'll just feel worst."

 

Taeyong just sighed as tears slowly falling in his eyes again so Ten faced Taeyong and wiped the tears on his face. "You can cry as much as you want, Tae. I will wipe your tears over and over again and I'll not leave you until you feel better."

 

Somehow that words from Ten made Taeyong slightly feel good but there's still pain. So Taeyong just put his head on Ten's shoulder and hold Ten's arm. "He still loves Sicheng. I know it to myself but I still helped him and fell for him."

 

He breathes deeply before continuing the story "Sicheng broke up with Yuta because he saw him making out with a random girl at a party and that hurts Sicheng a lot... So he asked me if I can help him to win over Sicheng again and this said yes," he stopped for awhile to laugh "They're my friends and I saw how they started and it also hurts me to see them break up that's why I said yes to Yuta's offer."

 

"I've been helping him for almost a month but Sicheng doesn't really want to give in just yet because he was really hurt... I know that because he's open to me also. But little did I know I'm already slowly falling in love with Yuta and he even asked me to date him... , that hurts but since I already liked him I said yes again."

 

"We've been dating for three months but since Sicheng accepted his apology and clearly he still love Sicheng that's his reason why he broke up with me. But we're all friends. They're still my friends."

 

Ten rolled his eyes and said "He just used you."

 

"No, it's my choice."

 

"You already liked him and he dated you even though he still love Sicheng. He's a jerk." Ten commented.

 

"It's my choice, Ten. Don't be mad at him."

 

"But it's his choice that he dated you for three ing months. Even if you already liked him, he shouldn't even dated you in the first place while he's still in love with Sicheng." Ten said and that strike Taeyong's heart.

 

The shorty hated the fact that Yuta takes Taeyong for granted just because he likes him.

 

On the other hand, Taeyong can't even say a word after that and just stay silent.

 

"But you know, I can't blame you since you already love him...But I hate the fact that you settle for less for that kind of guy. You really deserve better, Tae. Someone that will love you for who you are and not someone who will just use you." The shorty added and again Taeyong remain silent.

 

"Should we try on dating each other?" Ten suggested.

 

Taeyong flinched as he look at Ten "Hey, tell me. Are you drunk? Why the are you saying those things?"

 

He just rolled his eyes "I mean, it's just that so we can divert our attention to other things instead of thinking about our exes. I mean... so that we can move on easily"

 

"And your solution is we should date each other?"

 

"We will not go by what the couples do you know, just hangout like we're doing now. We still have five days." Ten explained.

 

"You think that's the best idea?"

 

"Why not? I mean if it would help the both of us to move on then why not right?"

 

Taeyong still can't get over with what Ten just said and clearly he's confused why suddenly Ten want that to happen.

 

"What if we get attached to each other after all of this? We're not even friends, Ten. We're just neighbor who's trying to help each other to get over with their exes."

 

"Hi, I'm Chittaphon but you can call me Ten." The shorty suddenly said as he offer his hand for a handshake.

 

"I'm Taeyong?" 

 

Ten smiled as they shake their hands "Okay so now we're friends then you don't have to worry about what will happen after that."

 

Taeyong sighed "You don't get my point, Ten."

 

"You also don't get mine, Tae. We will not just date like what's on your head rather we will just hangout and be more than friends for the rest of the day and then after that we can still be friends you know." Ten explained.

 

"You think we can still be 'friends' after we hangout?" Taeyong said as he emphasizes the word 'friend'.

 

Ten nodded "Of course!"

 

Taeyong sighed again "Ten, this is the second time we are agreeing on something."

 

"Oh! About that...Of course, my friend will still be your blind date after this too."

 

"You really want me to agree with your proposal aren't you?

 

"Well yeah!"

 

"Do you think we can go back to the way we used to after this?" Taeyong asked Ten and the shorty remain silent but after a minute he start talking again.

 

"But this is just for the both of us... so that we can move on easily."

 

Taeyong sighed as he said "Okay fine whatever." then he lay down at the couch. His world is really dizzy now and he don't want to argue with Ten anymore "I get too attached so fast... I just hope I won't fall for you..." he uttered.

 

"I hope so too..." Ten responded but he's sure that Taeyong didn't hear him because he was asleep already.

 

He's so confused with himself also why he wanted to try on dating Taeyong but he can say that he really think it's for the betterment of the both of them.

 

Well, he's hoping this is the right decision. And he hope none of them will be brokenhearted anymore after all that week.

 

Ten sighed as looked at Taeyong. He looks devastated considering he cried while talking about Yuta and Sicheng and he drink A LOT that day. And now Ten's worried because of the condition of the lad.

 

So right now Ten went to Taeyong's kitchen and get a rag since he saw there's a vomit near the couch. It seems that Taeyong throw up there and he believe Yuta didn't even clean it up. He sighed again. But actually it's a good thing that his apartment and Taeyong's is alike and he doesn't even need to worry about where Taeyog put his things because it's almost the same as his.

 

After he clean up the vomit he went upstairs to get a blanket for Taeyong since he's shivering.

 

"I will surely not bring you to the bar ever again. Considering your alcohol tolerance and how alcohol affects you." Ten said as he put the blanket on Taeyong. "I should've listen to you."

 

After he puts the blanket on Taeyong he went back upstairs since he saw there's a thin mattress and he actually decided to sleep beside Taeyong. So Taeyong's on the couch and he's on the mattress.

 

•••

 

It's almost 4am when Ten wake up from his sleep. He immediately looks at Taeyong and he's sweating so he get the towel he brought and dab it on the sweaty part of his body.

 

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Ten said as he laughs which made Taeyong flinched.

 

"W-what are you doing?" 

 

"You are sweating that's why I'm doing this." Ten said as he show the towel which he used.

 

"C-can I have a water?" Taeyong said still looking unconscious. Ten just nodded and headed to the kitchen to get a warm water.

 

After Taeyong drank the water he slept again.

 

As for Ten, it seems that he can't sleep so he decided to cook something for the both of them. And since there's nothing besides ramen on Taeyong's cabinet he just cooked ramen and then he tried to sleep again.

 

After a couple of hours of sleeping, it's actually almost 2 in the afternoon when Taeyong woke up and he is shocked to see that Ten is still there at his apartment.

 

"You didn't go to the university?" Taeyong asked as he touched his temple since it really hurts.

 

"Nah. I mean it's okay not to go to the university today. I'm excused." Ten said that surprised Taeyong.

 

"Excused? Why?"

 

"The performing arts have an event tonight in our university and I'm one of their guest so that's basically it." Ten explained.

 

Taeyong rolled his eyes "Wow that's totally unfair... Wait, Am I gonna die? My head in' hurts." Then he moved closer to Ten which is at the kitchen counter since he's reheating the ramen.

 

The shorty just laughed "You won't die but you need to eat first then drink a medicine. Don't worry I already bought you one." Then he put some ramen and soup in a bowl and give it to Taeyong who's now sitting at the chair of his bar counter.

 

"Thanks. I'm sorry though since that's all I got here in this household" Taeyong laughed as he eats the soup and it's actually good. "I don't really cook that much  here. I usually cook at Jaehyun's especially when we have group work"

 

Ten just nodded "But you should stock some real food here you know just in case someone might cook something for you. And it is not healthy to eat ramen over and over again."

 

"Wow, Ten. You sound so concern huh." 

 

"I am. Did you know that noodles doesn't digest quickly in your stomach? But I have no choice so I just cook ramen because this is all you got." Ten explained again as he sit beside Taeyong.

 

"This is so not you, Ten." Taeyong really looked surprised on how Ten's been acting.

 

"I'm a nice person, Taeyong. Even though the whole university know I'm a partygoer and I cuss a lot but that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person." 

 

Taeyong just nodded as he continue eating.

 

"Hmm, Tae? Wanna go to the event with me? I still have a ticket. They told me to invite someone over so, are you free later?" Ten asked Taeyong hoping that he'll say yes but if not maybe he'll just ask Taeil to come with him.

 

"Sure." Taeyong confidently said. 

 

Ten smiled "Woah. I thought you'll say no."

 

"Why would I do that? I mean, I have nothing to do later so I'll definitely go with you." Taeyong stated. But to be honest, like what Ten said while ago that he's a nice person...actually Taeyong want to know him better that's why he said yes to his offer.

 

"I see. Just don't forget to drink your medicine after you eat. It will ease the pain you're feeling."

 

Taeyong nodded. "I hope it will ease my emotional pain too."

 

Ten stopped eating after hearing Taeyong's answer. He want to hug him so that he may feel a little bit better but he thinks he's not the right person to do that... even though he's the one who suggested that they should try on dating each other.

 

"Do you.. uhm... want a hug?" Ten asked him and Taeyong just stared at him "I mean.. okay.. I'll go ahead. I'll see you later at 5pm." and then he puts his bowl at the sink before leaving.

 

Actually Taeyong want a hug too but he's just too shy to say yes to Ten.

 

So, 5pm it is.

 

---

 

Hiii everyone! I hope you're having a good day. Also, I really enjoy reading your opinion about this story. Thank you for reading this. Have a nice day~

 

-BYEpjulienne