002

Behind Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

january came by quicker than they had expected. yoona is already back from france and sooyoung is already back from milan. taeyeon's family chose to stay at home for the holidays this year, travelling too much is not great for her father's aching feet, her mom said. taeyeon can't help but snort and tell, 'that's why he should take meds already, I told you so.'

taeyeon is currently inside her favorite coffee shop, starbucks. she's waiting for yoona and sooyoung to arrive before going to their respective classes. however for this time, she and sooyoung decided to separate ways for their histo class.

'i'm sick of you,' sooyoung jokingly said weeks ago before she left. yoona can't help but raise her head and make a face as she looked at sooyoung. taeyeon rolled her eyes.

'just say you don't want me looking after you when you're harmlessly flirting with our blockmates,' taeyeon defended. sooyoung smirked at her and raised a brow before sipping on her tea.

taeyeon scrolled through her phone, looking for something she can laugh on or read on while waiting. she's thirty minutes early because her sister has a 1 pm class, that's why she arrived at katip 12:30 sharp, whereas their meeting time is still at 1 pm.

she ordered her favorite cinnamon roll bread and green tea cream frappé. she's seated on the far most corner seat of the café, isolating herself from all the noise newcomers do. corner seat is always the best seat (taeyeon kim, 2018).

she can't help but snort at the atenean meme she came across on facebook. apparently, the meme was shared by jongdae kim, her blockmate from numerous classes and suitor for two years.

her snort suddenly turned into a frown. this man is still active? she wondered.

she scrolled pass the post and continued to do so until she got bored. she sets her phone aside and focused on her food instead.

the noise surfaced down. taeyeon glanced at her rolex wrist watch (given by her mom on her 18th birthday) and raised a brow. that's why. she thought. it's already quarter to 1 pm, meaning most of the classes at ateneo or up are already going to start in fifteen minutes. newcomers barely pass by now. if there are, usually those customers will also choose to seat in a cushioned seat and bring out their laptops, highlighters, thick books, plug earphones (or headphones, whatever) on their ears and study.

taeyeon knows. this is also what she usually do during their midterms and finals. or just when she feels like to study on her free time.

she's quietly eating her food and drinking her frappé when someone suddenly pulled the seat in front of her. she frowned and looked up, only to see jongdae kim comfortably staring at seating in front of her. she raised a brow.

seriously. she thought. the devil always comes out when remembered, huh

"as usual," jongdae remarked on what she's eating. "always craving for something sweet?"

"what the hell are you doing here?" taeyeon spat out. jongdae shrugged at her and put his arms on top of the table. "don't you have somewhere else to sit in? there are still empty chairs around," taeyeon made a face. "or a class... or whatever,"

"nah," jongdae rolled his eyes at her question. "i've ditched histo. i guess it's destiny working on us, huh? i'm lucky i saw you here,"

"guess i'm the one who's unlucky today, huh?" taeyeon sarcastically said. "go away, please. i'm waiting for someone,"

"aw, don't be too sweet, my baby," jongdae cooed. taeyeon made a face at him, showing that she's disgusted. "i'm going to leave in a few minutes or so. i'm just waiting for my order,"

"whatever," taeyeon rolled her eyes and continued to eat. she grabbed her phone after a bite to text her friends. or maybe just to have a reason not to talk with the annoying in front of her.

 

taeyeon
where u

yoona
sooyoung and i are near alr, y?

taeyeon
go and beat the red light. jd kim is here to ing annoy me

yoona
aw, hes such a sweetheart!
i think this is the first time ive enjoyed traffic - soo
talk to your babe!

taeyeon
thats the last thing im going to DO what the hell

 

"there goes my order," jongdae mumbled as he stood up and went to the counter, grabbing the freshly made iced americano that he ordered. he went back to taeyeon's table to bid goodbye. "i'll go now, see you later, babe!"

"how many times will i tell you not to bother me anymore?" taeyeon annoyingly said. jongdae didn't even flinched. " off, jd. find someone else to have fun with because rain check: i'm not going to give you any ing chance,"

jongdae raised a brow at her before flashing a smirk on his face. he slowly leaned in to taeyeon's ears to say his reply.

"thank you for the concern," he whispered. "but i'm not giving up," he flashed again his smile at her before kissing her cheeks. taeyeon frowned.

jongdae left after, leaving taeyeon disgusted as hell. why do this ing man won't leave me alone? he's not going to have any chance on me, over my dead body!

taeyeon wiped her cheeks with the tissue from starbucks. GOD. this is such a waste of my dior foundation.

after a few more bites and sip of her food, yoona and sooyoung finally arrived, bringing with them numerous paper bags that seemed to contain the souvenirs that they bought.

"well, how did it go?"

taeyeon raised her head and saw yoona occupying the seat that was once filled with jongdae's presence. sooyoung chose to pull the seat beside her with a smug look on her face. taeyeon can't help but roll her eyes.

"it was horrible, as always," she slowly shook her head in disappointment. "if only i could make a reason to expel him from ateneo, i would,"

"that's mean," yoona frowned. her frown later changed into a soft expression. "what's your order?"

"iced chai latté," sooyoung said. "and a slice of blueberry cheesecake,"

"sure, i'll go get them," yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter