003

Behind Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it has already been three days after the 'incident' (as to what taeyeon likes to call it. however a part of her mind likes to address it as confusion but she does not want to admit that!) of meeting tiffany hwang. it's lucky that histo is only two times a week, with a schedule of TTh during three pm to six.

however... the thing is... there's this partner research for histo. taeyeon does not want to admit it at first, but she now wants to admit that she's unlucky most of the time, just like what sooyoung continuously remind her everytime she has the chance to do so.

'you're so unlucky, aren't you?' sooyoung teased taeyeon in the middle of the cold december night. taeyeon accidentally toppled her tea on her paper work that she had worked on for HOURS, and to be passed the next morning. the worst part is, it's handwritten and not printed. her hand ached all day for nothing. she can't help but curse loudly, not even feeling embarrassed when people at starbucks katip suddenly looked at her after the noise she caused.

'why are you so unlucky, seriously...' sooyoung rolled her eyes. yoona giggled continuously. they spent their summer break at tokyo, japan. the country is seriously aesthetically pleasing, people are kind and all... but the problem is they can't understand a single thing AT ALL. the most problematic thing was when they are all struggling to use the vending machine when ordering food. all they had to rely on was their luck, and taeyeon does not have any of that. sooyoung's and yoona's pick of ramen at the vending machine were tolerable and delicious, however taeyeon accidentally picked the spiciest ramen of all (for her tastebuds, please don't judge). she can't help but groan and buy another serving while her two friends laugh at her stupidity.

'do you seriously have a curse?' sooyoung frowned at her. taeyeon pulled her on the waiting shed and stared at her feet. she's wearing her favorite gucci sneakers, newly bought in paris by her sister just the day before. manila weather because when she went outside her condo to attend her classes, it's sunny as hell. after a while, the rain suddenly poured like a typhoon. she accidentally stepped on the wrong side of the red brick walks, causing the black water to splash on her new white shoes. she can't help but groan in frustration and annoyance. a loud curse followed after.

those are just some of her many unlucky experiences. she doesn't know why she's so unlucky, maybe the person above hates her so much that's why she's cursed like this.

cursed experiences aside, taeyeon, with the other two is currently at jsec, waiting for each of their respective classes. apparently they've decided to stay inside the campus instead of their usual stroll at uptown center and sushi stops at sushi house or usual orders of spanakopita, briami and souvlaki with kos salata at kuz greek oueri. their stomachs are already grumbling in hunger and is already declining an eight minute walk to the mall.

"seriously, i don't know what you're talking about," yoona whined and rolled her eyes. "i don't even date anyone!"

"so you're saying..." sooyoung poked the now cold pork tonkatsu she bought at asian express thirty minutes ago. "seb is lying to me? like... just spreading some bull?"

"maybe?" yoona shrugged. "and why the hell would he do that to me? are we close? what the hell,"

"he always likes to stick his nose into someone else's business," taeyeon mumbled and sipped on her iced tea. "he's an a plus ,"

"he disgusts me," yoona groaned and frustratingly crumpled the receipt randomly placed on their table. "why would he spread false information? he doesn't even have any cute friends. they are all trash,"

"that's true," taeyeon suddenly laughed. "remember minho choi? the soccer player i used to hook up with and is friends with seb?" the two girls nodded their head, remembering what that man looked like. taeyeon scrunched her nose. "he is not even good in bed... seriously. very contrary to what the rumor says,"

"i actually salute you," yoona nodded her head. "you've put up with his lazy for what... half a year?"

"yes, ugh," taeyeon groaned in frustration. "i also don't know why i kept him for long,"

"anyway speaking of boys," sooyoung raised a brow at taeyeon. "how's your histo class yesterday?"

"it's... fine," taeyeon spaced out and hesitated to answer. "they're nice. i'm glad i don't have any classmates that are friends with seb... or any of his friends," taeyeon rolled her eyes. "although... i'm classmates with seojoon park. but he can pass,"

"wait, seojoon park? you mean that number fifteen seojoon park? the member of the ateneo basketball team?" yoona continuously asked. "i'm classmates with him too in one of my subjects!"

"oh yeah," sooyoung nodded. "he's from abeu too right?"

"yes! i got a huge crush on that guy," yoona's eyes sparkled as she spoke. "he's handsome... well built... rich... intelligent. what more?"

"he's one of those guys," taeyeon shrugged.

"stop stereotyping every guy on seb's circle of friends," yoona rolled her eyes and chewed on her last piece of steak. "they are not the same, they are different from one another,"

"yeah, but their mind runs as one when they do something indecent," taeyeon sipped on her juice. sooyoung made a face, still poking on her tonkatsu leftover. yoona rolled her eyes and finished the last piece of her fish fillet.

"we are literally not going to change your perception, yes?" sooyoung raised a brow.

taeyeon's phone beeped, notifying a message. she picked it up from the table and unlocked her phone using her fingerprint.

 

tiffany
hey, are u up for doing our res rn?
or u busy
its ok tho haha

 

this is what taeyeon meant by her being unlucky. (or maybe it only applies for her because she feels weird things when she sees her groupmate) there's this partnered research in histo that they have to do for a month. as you may tell, she's partners with tiffany hwang. and is it rude to say that taeyeon feels somewhat uncomfortable? not because she's envious of her partner or something... it's entirely different.

 

taeyeon
no, its fine w me
but i have class at 3pm haha
i have to leave at 2:30
tiffany
kay
we still have an hour to plan
to u know, atleast start smthn haha
taeyeon
ok, where u?
tiffany
at starbs
i mean... haha im always here tho [rolling eyes emoji] working on my thesis n stuff
taeyeon
kay, gr8. ill see u there

 

"i have to go," taeyeon gathered her stuff, putting her binder inside her bag and her pen on her pocket. sooyoung and yoona looked at her.

"this early?" sooyoung asked. taeyeon stood up and clung her backpack on her right shoulder. she closed her macbook and carried it on her left arm.

"i have to work on my research at histo," taeyeon kissed them on their cheeks. "i'll just text later. that is, if you're still here in katip,"

"right, see you and good luck on y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter