001

Behind Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"you think this color looks good on me?"

"yeah... i guess?"

"why the hell am i asking you anyway? i forgot you have zero knowledge of makeup,"

sooyoung rolled her eyes for the nth time for this day. maybe if she had called yoona first than this girl beside her, this day could've been easier and light rather than tolerable and annoying. she doesn't get it. why is taeyeon clueless on a lot of things anyway? as far as she can remember, taeyeon grew up with two older [read: girly] sisters. why is it that she's confused on A LOT of girly things? that's really confusing for sooyoung because considering that she doesn't have any sibling and is an only child, she knows A LOT of things a woman should do.

they had been inside rustan's beauty source area for a good thirty minutes now. before entering, taeyeon can't help but sigh because she knows that sooyoung is looking for something to spend money on again, even if it's unnecessary.

"i'm not just... girly like you," taeyeon's face scrunched, seemingly disgusted on sooyoung who's stereotyping her again. the latter can't help but sigh again. "and also, i don't know what looks good and what not... taera is the one who buys make up for me, you know,"

"just say you're uptight and go," sooyoung said as she placed the tom ford lipstick back on its rack. taeyeon snorted at her.

"stop being a stereotype," taeyeon defended herself. "can't a woman destroy social norms?"

"destroy social norms?" sooyoung raised a brow while looking for another color of lipstick to try. looks great on me too. should i buy one? or should I stick to the mauve color i've tried? "or maybe you're just... what... a lesbian?"

"what the hell," taeyeon exclaimed, her voice went louder than the usual. she got conscious and looked around her area. no one's listening. good. "what made you say that? i'm not!"

"stop being so defensive," sooyoung snorted. she grabbed another color of lipstick and swatch it on her hand. this black orchid looks good too. but i'm not bold enough to wear this. "i'm just assuming. well if you are then... what the hell. i'm going to unfriend you,"

"first of all, i told you i'm not," taeyeon explained as she bowed to the saleslady she bumped into, non-verbally telling her she's sorry. "and second of all, stop being such a homophobic,"

"whatever you say," sooyoung rolled her eyes again and grabbed the tom ford lipstick she tried and showed to taeyeon a while ago. she showed it to the sales lady and smiled. "i'm going to get this,"

"thank you for buying, ma'am," the saleslady politely bowed to her before assisting them at the cashier. sooyoung silently checked out the lipstick she had chosen to buy and quietly waited for the cashier woman to give her the bag.

"where are you going after we eat?" taeyeon asked the latter. sooyoung took the bag from the cashier woman's grasp and thanked her for her good service. taeyeon can't prevent herself from snorting. goodness, really. this is what a political hierarchy do to you, i guess?

she doesn't want to admit, but choi sooyoung is that stereotypical rich, spoiled brat, contemptuous young adult woman. she came from a family of politicians, that's why she's taught to be nice and treat others with kindness when she's in public. but she, sooyoung and yoona knows that she's only doing that only when she's in public.

taeyeon knew her (alongside yoona) in college. sooyoung and yoona were her closest friends in ateneo. yoona's level is tolerable, and she's considerate and funny as well. she likes to have fun on her own and live her life with no judgement, unlike choi sooyoung who has to be PERFECT in front of everyone in this world. taeyeon assumes that maybe it's because of her family's publicity, that's why. they don't want their name tarnished or whatever.

anyway, going back to yoona, she's classmates with taeyeon and sooyoung on their econ subject three years ago. taeyeon and sooyoung are both from abech while yoona is from abeu, focusing on business and econ of europe. yoona is originally from france, hence taking abeu. but she chose to enroll in ateneo instead of some fancy university in france.

'i want a new environment.' yoona told taeyeon on a hot summer day three years ago while sipping on her green tea from starbucks. 'france is getting boring.'

as for taeyeon, she's rich too. (all of them are, obviously) her father owns a cement plantation and her mother manages their company. however, taeyeon just wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter