Chapter 2

Family

Taeyeon sat at the foot of the stairs, watching her uncle talk to the mom and daughter pair in the kitchen. After her uncle had introduced them as her new family she made sure to stay far away from them. She didn't want a new family and as far she knows those two were always going to be strangers to her. She gritted her teeth when she head laughter resounds from the kitchen. They were laughing at some kind unfunny joke that her uncle made and she could only look at them in disgust. 

Why would her uncle have a need to bring these people here? This what she didn't understand. She thought that they were okay with just the two them. Her uncle had her and she had him. This is how it always had been and it should have continued this way.  She truly believed what they had should have been enough but she guessed she was wrong. This is why those new people were here right now laughing in the kitchen. She huffed and was about to stand up to go up to her room when all of her sudden her vision was filled with pink, brown beautiful eyes and hair and a cute face. She gasped and almost screamed if she hadn't hold herself back. Tiffany somehow made it to her without making her presence known and now she was just standing innocently in front of her not realizing the tumult she had stirred inside Taeyeon. 

How did she? No, how dare she!? 

"Taeyeon unnie?"  

Now she was calling her unnie? What is this? 

"Don't call me that! I don't have a sister and you will never be a sister to me!" Taeyeon said harshly. 

Taeyeon was expecting Tiffany to burst out in tears and run back to the kitchen like the weak girl she thought she was but she was proven wrong. Tiffany was unperturbed by the harsh words and just kept smiling at Taeyeon. 

"I like calling you unnie and I always wanted an older sister. So please let me call you unnie." 

"NO! I for one like being an only child and I never wanted a sister and how do you know I'm older than you anyway? Just get away from me! GO AWAY!" 

Instead of fulfilling Taeyeon's wish Tiffany instead opted to inch closer to her. Taeyeon could only look at her bewildered as the eye smiling girl was getting closer and closer to her face. Why wasn't she listening to her?  She was about to push her when her uncle interrupted them. 

"Ah, it seems like you two are getting along." Taeyeon's uncle said in a lighthearted voice. 

"Yes, we are! Taeyeon unnie is funny. I like her a lot," Tiffany said smiling at him. 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, shook her head quickly. They weren't getting along at all. It was Taeyeon saying something and Tiffany outright ignoring everything she said. 

Her uncle smiled at Tiffany and patted her head fondly before he gasped as he seemed to remember something. "Before I forget Taeyeon you are going to be sharing a room with Tiffany for a while. I haven't had the time to clean up the guest room."

"WHAT?! UNCLE you didn't tell me anything about this!" Taeyeon cried out in disbelief. She didn't want to be stuck in the same room as this pink thing. Anything but that.  

Her uncle was surprised at her sudden outburst but chuckled and patted her on the head finding it funny that she acted this way.

"It's not going to be so bad Taeyeon. Tiffany is a nice girl and you two are already getting along so well. It's only going to be for a few days so don't worry. Now please show her your room okay? I and her mother are going to cook dinner while you can show her to your room." 

He left them and rejoined Tiffany's mother in the kitchen while Taeyeon could look at him in betrayal. First, he brought these two people into their house and now she had to share a room with this girl? She couldn't believe it. 

While she groaning and lost in her thoughts she felt a slight tug on her shirt. She turned around just be face to face with Tiffany again. 

"Let's go Taeyeon unnie?" Tiffany said with a never changing smile. 

Taeyeon pursed her lips and pulled her arm harshly away from Tiffany's hold. 

"Fine. Follow me but don't touch me and don't come to close to me." Taeyeon spat out before she turned around and ran up the stairs not waiting for Tiffany to answer her back. 

Tiffany did seem to obey her words though and she did keep a good distance away from her as she led them to her room. It was a simple kids room with only the necessary furniture in the room but Tiffany was looking around with awe like this was the most luxurious room she ever had seen. After she spun around for multiple times her eyes stopped on a spot on Taeyeon's bed where a stuffed toy was. 

"Is that a Dookong? Oh wow, it's so cute." She skipped towards to the bed and was about to reach out to the green pea toy but Taeyeon was faster and sprinted towards the bed, grabbed the toy and hid it behind her glaring at Tiffany like she almost had committed the greatest crime. 

"Don't touch anything! Do you understand me?!" she growled at Tiffany. 

Taeyeon could see a brief flash of surprise in Tiffany's eyes before a smile was present again. The girl nodded before she stepped closer to Taeyeon invading her personal bubble again. 

"I'm sorry Taeyeon unnie. I just wanted to know what you like." 

Taeyeon jerked and wanted to step back but realized that she was backed against the edge of her bed and that she couldn't step away from Tiffany. She swears something was wrong with this girl with her need to step closer to her. She was about to yell at her to step back from her when her uncle called them that dinner was ready. 

Tiffany then stepped back in her own and held out her hand towards Taeyeon. 

"Let's go unnie?" 

Taeyeon just scoffed and ran past her without even acknowledging her outstretched hand. No way was she going to hold hands with her. 
----------
The was filled with laughter as three people were conversing with each other happily except for Taeyeon who propped her head up with one hand as she was poking at her food with a lackluster expression. She glanced at the three people happily talking to each other and grumbled. She poked harder at her food before she missed the food completely and the fork scraped against the plate producing a screeching sound. Hearing the ear-piercing noise they all faced Taeyeon. Seeing that Taeyeon had barely touched her food, Tiffany's mother looked at her with a worried expression. 

"Are you alright Taeyeon? Is it not to your liking? Would you like something else?" Tiffany's mother asked her voice laced with concern.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just not that hungry," Taeyeon replied without looking at her. 

"Are you su-" 

Taeyeon cut her off by pushing her chair back which produced a scraping noise against the floor. 

"I'm fine and I'm done," she said and took off. 

They were stunned when she suddenly left 

"I'm so sorry Michelle," Taeyeon's uncle apologized but Tiffany's mom just shook her head. 

"It's okay. It's understandable. We suddenly just appeared out of nowhere and invaded her life. It's not your fault." She smiled at him and took his hand into her own gently. 

"We just have to make warm up to us right Tiffany? She turned to her daughter and smiled at her which the girl reciprocated. 

"Yes, mommy." 
-------------

Taeyeon was lying in her bed squishing her dookong in her hands. She was pushing and pulling it into different directions as she was deep in her thoughts. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear the door open. She only realized that it was too late when she felt the bed dip and Tiffany was already next to her looking down at her. 

"Wha-!" Taeyeon was so surprised to see Tiffany next to her that the only she could do was to gape at her with an open mouth like a fish. 

"Let's sleep together unnie?" Tiffany sweetly smiled at her. 

Before Taeyeon could even protest Tiffany moved underneath the blankets and scooted closer to Taeyeon and held onto her pajama sleeve. Taeyeon looked down at the smaller girl and she almost stopped breathing. Tiffany's face was so close to hers that she could clearly see her brown clear eyes looking straight at her.  Her trademark smile was on her face and her eyes were emitting warmth. A warmth Taeyeon didn't like. She hated it. She tore her eyes away and turned away from Tiffany, hugging her dookong close to her. Her heart was beating uncontrollably fast and she cursed to herself. 

Damn you heart calm down already! *thought*

It didn't because Tiffany gripped the back of her pajamas and leaned her head against her back. 

"Good Night Taeyeon unnie." 

Not too soon Taeyeon could hear faint breathing against her back and she knew Tiffany fell asleep but she for sure knew she wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon.

--------------------------------------

Update for this one because I can't stop thinking about it XD 

It's going to be a kinda lenghty story so it will be slow but I hope you guys are going to enjoy it. Also I'm adding the omegaverse tag but that will be explained waaaaay later in the story so stay tuned XD 

Anyways comment vote subscribe and I love you guys as this potatoe is lazing out! <3