Chapter 3

Family

Excited chatter and laughter were resounding throughout the classroom, annoying Taeyeon immensely. She was shifting around in her seat uncomfortably, turning her head back and forth on the table trying to drown out the loud noises which consisted of girlish chatter. When it proved useless she lifted her head of the table and groaned in annoyance glaring at the main offenders of her worsening mood. 

A group of girls was crowding around a table of a certain 'sister' of hers and they were excitedly talking to her and bombarding her with questions. They were all talking at the same time, asking questions after questions without even giving the Tiffany a moment to think about her answer. Usually, a person would be overwhelmed by this but the girl was quick to answer each question without a problem and flashed them an eye smile which made all of the girls squeal in delight. 

The boys in the class were bunched up together on the other side of the classroom occasionally talking to each other but they were more busy trying to listen in to the conversation that the girls were having. They didn't dare to approach the table but Taeyeon knew that they were all eager to get any kind of information about the new pretty transfer student. She literally could see the hearts in their eyes and she was ready to gag. 

She scoffed at how all of her classmates were taken with Tiffany and she closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance. When she opened them again to her surprise Tiffany was looking at her. Her eyes widened in surprise and Tiffany gave her a small smile and a wave. Taeyeon swiftly turned her head away from her. Her heart was beating out of control from the sudden eye contact. This definitely wasn't good for her heart. After she was sure her heart had calmed down she took a quick glance back at Tiffany again and the girl already went back to the conversation with their classmates. 

She huffed and ruffled her hair in frustration. This was annoying her. Tiffany and all of her classmates were annoying. She can't handle this. Everything was already annoying enough but add Tiffany to the mix it became even more annoying. 

This is all her uncles and that new woman's fault. First, they had to put Tiffany into her room, on her bed which then led to Taeyeon staying up all night because of Tiffany. Then out of all the elementary schools in the area, they just had to enroll Tiffany at hers. She clicked her tongue. She knew something was up when she saw her uncle, Tiffany's mom and Tiffany all ready dressed up to go somewhere. She should have seen it coming then when they bid her goodbye all cheerfully. Taeyeon grumbled to herself and as she was busy being stuck in her thoughts she didn't notice somebody approaching from behind. The person behind her swung their arm back and with force that person smacked Taeyeon's back hard. Taeyeon almost screamed in pain and surprise but she bit her cheek instead, holding herself back. Her head slowly turned around mechanically and her eyes were filled with hatred. The receiver of the hatred was unperturbed and greeted her with a happy smile. 

"HEYA Tae! What are you doing? Hmm? Ohohoho! Are you by any chance staring at the new student? Of course, you are! You are a er for cute girls!" The person said loudly for everyone to hear.

Taeyeon's eye twitched and she was giving the girl a murderous stare but the latter kept on smiling at her. The girl who was this happy and didn't even flinch at Taeyeon's glare was Choi Sooyoung, Taeyeon's self-proclaimed best friend. No matter what Taeyeon did this girl would never leave her alone.

"Sooyoung...... I'm going to kill you." Taeyeon muttered angrily. 

"Hmm? What? I can't hear you my best friend." Sooyoung said and smacked her back some more not caring what the consequences were. 

Taeyeon was trying to endure it and thought maybe if she ignored Sooyoung long enough the girl would leave her alone but sadly getting hints was not in Sooyoung's repertoire of skills and the girl continued on smacking her back while loudly talking about Tiffany and Taeyeon's apparent infatuation of her. 

Enough was enough and Taeyeon stood up abruptly to teach Sooyoung a lesson. A very painful one. 

"Sooyoung I swear I'm going to rip you to shreds!" Taeyeon growled and started to run after Sooyoung but the taller girl had anticipated her action. She was already at the door of the classroom sticking out her tongue. 

"Bleghhhhh! Try to catch me Taeslow! HAHAHH!" Sooyoung said while running away and laughing. 

This annoyed Taeyeon immensely and she immediately gave chase. She was going to destroy Sooyoung so she wouldn't be able to recognize herself. "SOOYOUNG! STOP RIGHT THERE!"

The commotion caused by the two girls caught the attention of the rest of the kids in the classroom. 

"Ugh, Taeyeon and Sooyoung are at it again. Sooyoung is funny but man Taeyeon that gloomy creeper is so weird. I don't even know why Sooyoung bothers with her." A girl named Gyuri said. 

"Seriously, Sooyoung should stay away from gloomy people like Taeyeon or else she is going to catch her gloominess. Disgusting." Another girl named Suzy said. 

Gyuri then turned to Tiffany with worried eyes. "Make sure you don't associate with Taeyeon okay Tiffany? A beautiful and happy girl like you might catch her disease."

Tiffany tilted her head to the side questioningly. "Disease?" 

"Yeah, her gloomy disease. Taeyeon never smiles it's disgusting. She never smiles and she even keeps ignoring everybody including Sooyoung. Poor Sooyoung she is only trying to be nice. It's not even worth showing her pity." Suzy said. 

Tiffany's smile disappeared from her face when the girls kept of badmouthing Taeyeon. She abruptly stood up, startling her classmates in the process. 

"W-what is wrong Tiffany?" Gyuri asked her clearly stunned by the girls sudden action. 

Tiffany sweetly smiled at her with a smile that could melt anyone's heart and said, " I'm going to find my Taeyeon unnie and catch her disease because it's better than listening to you" And then she left, leaving her classmates behind, dumbfounded. 

Tiffany was in the hallway when the heard the classroom erupt in chaos. 

"S-sister? They are siblings?! No Way!" Gyuri yelled. 
------

Taeyeon was on her knees gasping and wheezing for air as she glared daggers at a laughing Sooyoung who didn't even shed one drop of sweat. 

"HAHAHH I told you Taeslow you wouldn't be able to catch me! What a loser!" Sooyoung kept on laughing arrogantly while looking down at Taeyeon who was pathetically gasping for air. Taeyeon wasn't very gifted physically so she was at a disadvantage already with Sooyoung who was good at all kinds of physical activity. All she could do instead was curse at Sooyoung and threaten her. 

"Just you wait...." she wheezed, " When I get my hands on you..... you are Soodead." 

Sooyoung just cackled at her from a distance. 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth and tried to stand up when she kind of recovered from her oxygen deprived state when she felt somebody grab her arm and lift her from the ground. She was startled and turned around just to meet warm brown eyes. 

"Y-you!" 

Tiffany held onto Taeyeon's arm to help her stand upright as the latter was still weak from the chase after Sooyoung. She smiled sweetly at her and swept her sweat covered bangs to the side. 

"Are you okay Taeyeon unnie?" Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon heart fluttered at the gesture and her face turned red. She was so embarrassed and was about to tell her to let go of her but Sooyoung pushed her away from Tiffany and she fell onto the ground face first into the ground. Sooyoung took Tiffany's hand into her own and shook them up and down excitedly. 

"You are the new girl, right? I'm Sooyoung. Nice to meet you, Tiffany." Sooyoung smiled warmly at her.  

Tiffany was taken aback by how forward Sooyoung was but she was more worried about Taeyeon who fell face first into the ground and she kept on glancing at the fallen girl. She turned her attention back to Sooyoung when the girl kept on talking to her. 

"It's nice to meet you too Sooyoung but I think we need to help Taeyeon unnie up." 

"Ehh she is fine but Unnie huh?" Sooyoung's eyes widen, "You are siblings?" she asked while ignoring the helping Taeyeon part.  

Tiffany nodded and Sooyoung smiled mischievously at her. 

"No wonder Tae kept on staring at you so intently back at the classroom. She was looking out for her sister." 

"She was?" Tiffany asked sounding surprised but a little bit happy that Taeyeon did pay attention to her and that their eyes meeting wasn't just by chance. 

"Yep, she was. Usually, Tae doesn't pay attention to anything but she was actually actively paying attention to you! I mean you are cute but now I know you are her sister. No wonder she paid extra attention to you." 

Tiffany smiled shyly and Sooyoung couldn't help it but pinch her cheeks because she looked so cute. Tiffany let out a small cute whine as she felt her cheeks being pinched and Sooyoung did it, even more,  upon seeing her reaction. 

While those two were lost in their world Taeyeon felt upset for some reason. First, she was being ignored and second Sooyoung was touching Tiffany and the latter just let her. She was annoyed. No she was more than annoyed, she was pissed. Tiffany should know better and should say no when a stranger, especially someone like Sooyoung starts to touch her. She lifted herself off the ground with a grunt and walked to the pair who didn't seem to notice her approaching. Taeyeon grabbed Sooyoung by her collar and pulled her so hard that she fell on the ground on her . The taller girl yelped in pain and tried to free herself from Taeyeon but the girl with newfound energy had an iron grip on her. 

"Stop touching her you little ." She growled at Sooyoung and then she turned to Tiffany with a scowl, "And you! Don't let other people touch you so easily. Have some common sense! Also, we are not sisters!" Taeyeon spat out and walked away from Tiffany while dragging a struggling Sooyoung across the ground. 

Tiffany just stared after them with a surprised expression.

-----
When Taeyeon in tow with Sooyoung was a good distance away from Sooyoung she released the taller girls collar. Sooyoung coughed and rubbed her neck in relief as the shorter girl finally let her go. 

"Gargh, Tae you almost killed me." Sooyoung wheezed, " For being so bad at physical activities sometimes you are surprisingly strong." 

Taeyeon glared at her. "Whose fault do you think it is that I treat you like this huh?!" 

Sooyoung chuckled. " Yeah yeah, it's all my fault but Tae why didn't you tell me that you had a sister? She is nice." 

"She isn't my sister Sooyoung. She appeared yesterday at my house along with her mother and my uncle suddenly introduce them both as my new family." 

"So she is your sister." 

"Have you been listening to me? She is not!" Taeyeon raised her voice, getting more annoyed when Sooyoung didn't seem to be listening to her. Lately, nobody seems to be listening to her.

Sensing the rising irritation in Taeyeon, Sooyoung tried to calm her down. "Relax Tae. I'm just saying since your Uncle introduced them as your family that should make the woman your mother and Tiffany your sister." 

"Ugh! Sooyoung you aren't listening! I don't consider them my family. For all I know those people are strangers and always will be strangers!" Taeyeon yelled in frustration, tears welling up in her eyes. 

"Okay, Okay. I understand Tae. I'm sorry okay?" Sooyoung rubbed Taeyeon's back comfortingly. She rarely saw Taeyeon so openly emotional in front of her or ever and this worried her. It felt like Taeyeon took this very hard but Sooyoung had no idea how to make her feel better. This was, after all, a little bit too much for her 12-year-old self so all she could do was comfort her as best as she could. "Let's go back to the classroom okay? Maybe the walk back will make you feel better." Sooyoung suggested and pushed her to the direction of the classroom. Taeyeon sniffled and nodded. 
--------------
Taeyeon had significantly calmed down when she came back to the classroom with Sooyoung and she completed the rest of her classes for the day without a hitch. Oddly none of the girls seemed to be talking to Tiffany anymore which was strange but not like it mattered to Taeyeon or anything. She did occasionally glance Tiffany who was sitting alone near the window side of the classroom as she stared absentmindedly at the outside. Taeyeon couldn't help but stare at her. Sooyoung noticed Taeyeon staring at Tiffany and her lips tugged upward into a small smile. 

The bell rang signifying the end of class and when the teacher dismissed the students the classroom erupted in talks between the students. Taeyeon was packing up her stuff and swung her backpack on about to go home when in the corner of her eye she saw a group of boys approach Tiffany. Since the girls have distanced themselves from the girl the boys saw their opportunity to talk to the new cute girl. 

"Hey, Tiffany! Want to hang out with us after school? We can go play at the playground together. We can teach you how to play on the jungle bar!" The boy named Minho said.

"Yeah, Tiffany come play with us." Another boy named Siwon said. 

Tiffany smiled at them with a troubled expression and briefly glanced sideways and met with Taeyeon's gaze. Taeyeon was startled and quickly looked away. She quickly said goodbye to Sooyoung and walked out of the classroom in a hurry. Whatever Tiffany was going to do was not her problem and she wasn't going to get involved. 

Tiffany saw Taeyeon walk out of the classroom and she turned back to the boys. "I'm sorry I have to go home now, maybe next time okay?" she said while smiling apologetically at the boys who were disappointed at her rejection. She then picked up her backpack and walked out of the classroom. She saw Taeyeon's small back from the distance and she ran after her to catch up to her. 

Taeyeon was walking home when she heard someone approach her from behind. She glanced behind her and saw Tiffany behind her slightly out of breath. Taeyeon averted her eyes and began to quicken her pace to get away from the girl but Tiffany had other plans. Before Taeyeon could get very far she grabbed onto her t-shirt sleeve making her turn around in shock. Taeyeon hadn't expected her to grab onto her. Taeyeon looked down at the short girl waiting for her to say something. 

"Unnie Let's walk home together?" Tiffany smiled warmly at her.

Taeyeon's inside churned when she saw the smile and she flung Tiffany's arm off her. Irritation was welling up insider hert.  

"STOP! JUST STOP!" 

Tiffany's eyes widen in surprise at the sudden outburst from Taeyeon.

"Un-"

"I'M NOT YOUR SISTER! WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SISTERS EVER! DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU WILL LEAVE ME ANYWAY! SO DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU CARE FOR ME!" 

Tiffany was stunned. She didn't expect this sudden outburst from Taeyeon and just kept on staring at Taeyeon who was breathing heavily after yelling. Tears were flowing from her eyes down her cheek and she was trying to wipe them away but they kept on falling. She didn't know why she suddenly yelled at Tiffany but seeing her smile so warmly without care triggered something Taeyeon. She didn't know how to deal with these emotions surging from within her. She didn't even care if the people around them heard them. She was too upset to care. 

Tiffany recovered from her stunned state and stepped closer to Taeyeon taking her face into her hands. Taeyeon was too tired to protest and shake her off so she let her hold her. Tiffany wiped a stray tear away from her cheek and leaned in to put their foreheads together. Warm brown eyes met hurt Onyx eyes. Tiffany's hands were warm against her cheeks. 

"Taeyeon unnie. I- I don't know what happened to you for you to say that but I truly want to be with you. I can't promise you that I will never leave you but what I can promise you is that I will not leave you until you leave me first." Tiffany said with a serious expression. She then let go of Taeyeon's face and looped her arms around her to pull her into a hug. 

Taeyeon slowly laid her head on the smaller girls shoulder. The warmth that was enveloping her brought fresh tears out and with shaking hands, she gripped onto Tiffany's pink dress. She closed her eyes and let herself go in the embrace of the girl.  

-----------------------

UPDATE! FINALLY! YAY! 

Uff It's moving along slowly but surely! Well I hope you enjoy and see you next time. Potatoes move out! 

Comment Vote and subscripe! :P