Chapter 4

Family

Taeyeon's uncle and Tiffany's mother were staring wide eyes at the two soaked children in front of them. After Taeyeon's outburst, the rain had sneaked up on them and the children who were unprepared for the pouring rain were soaked to the core. That wasn't what shocked them though. Taeyeon was hanging onto Tiffany's arm, resting her head on her shoulder with a somber expression. Opposite of her was Tiffany who was smiling brightly at the confused adult pair. 

"We are home! Mommy and Uncle we are going to take a bath okay?" she said and walked off to the bathroom with Taeyeon. 

The two adults were exchanging a perplexed look between each other as they watched the children walk off on their own. 

"Junghwan what happened just now?" Michelle asked bewildered by the scene that had just transpired in front of her. 

"I have no idea, Michelle. I have no idea." 

---
Tiffany was filling up the bathtub with water and checked the temperature with her hand. When she was satisfied she turned around smiling just to see Taeyeon standing in the middle of the bathroom unmoving. She walked up to her and touched Taeyeon's cheek, making her face her. 

"Taeyeon unnie Let's take bath okay? You are going to catch a cold." 

Taeyeon remained motionless and just kept a steady gaze on Tiffany. It was like she was trying to decipher whatever Tiffany was thinking. She then took her face between her own hands. 

"Did you mean it?" Taeyeon whispered under her breath shakily. "Are you truly going to stay by my side?" 

Tiffany's eyes widened but then she smiled warmly at the girl in front of her. She covered Taeyeon's hands with her own and gave them a firm squeeze. 

"I do mean it. I'm not going to leave you unless you leave me first unnie. Now let's go and take a bath okay?" Tiffany pulled the hands away from her face and began to undress herself and Taeyeon. Taeyeon just let her and soon they were both shoulders deep in hot water in their cozy bathtub. Each of them was sitting at one end of the bathtub. Tiffany was humming a song while Taeyeon was observing her quietly. She was still debating whether she could trust Tiffany's words. Taeyeon sunk deeper into the water keeping a steady eye on the humming girl who now had her eyes closed as she was just happily swaying back and forth in the tub. She looked happy and serene. It was impossible to see what Tiffany was thinking. The smile on her face rarely left her face and even if it would always reappear as soon it was gone. Taeyeon stood up and walked towards  Tiffany causing her to stop humming and open her eyes. 

"Un-" Tiffany was cut off when she felt Taeyeon embrace her. She was surprised at first but then returned the embrace. 

"Is something wrong Taeyeon unnie?" 

Taeyeon shook her head and pressed closer herself closer against the shorter girl. "Mhm, I just want to feel your warmth." 

Tiffany just nodded and tightened her hold on the taller girl. There was a comforting silence in the bathroom while the two of them were just holding each other. They stayed like this for a few more moments before they became a bit lightheaded and decided to leave the bathtub. They dried themselves off and when Tiffany tried to dry her hair Taeyeon stopped her and took the towel away from her. She grabbed the girl's shoulders and made her face her and then dried her hair for her. 

"I can dry my hair on my own." Tiffany protested and tried to struggle free but Taeyeon wouldn't budge. She continued to dry her hair in silence. When she was done she handed a dry towel to Tiffany and turned around and waited for Tiffany to dry her hair for her. 

Tiffany was surprised but then smiled happily. She was glad Taeyeon who didn't seem to like skinship would let entrust herself to her.  She dried Taeyeon's hair with utmost care making sure it was comfortable for her. 

"Your hair is so pretty unnie." 

"What are you talking about? Isn't our hair the same?" Taeyeon asked puzzled as she touched a strand of her own hair. 

"No, no your hair is definitely prettier. Believe me unnie!" Tiffany was adamant about it and her eyes were sparkling with excitement.  

 Taeyeon was taken aback by the enthusiasm but just shrugged her shoulders, "If you say so." 

Tiffany finally finished drying her hair and threw the wet towel into the laundry basket. She then took Taeyeon's hand into her own. "Let's go eat now. I think dinner should be ready by now." 

Taeyeon briefly looked at their interlocked hands and moved upwards slightly. Tiffany saw her small smile and squeezed her hand. 

The table was already set when they came to the dining room table. The two adults were pacing back in forth deep in thought but when they noticed the kids walk in they were fixated their gaze on their intertwined hands. They both looked at each other confused but the Taeyeon and Tiffany didn't seem to notice their confusion as they just calmly took their seat at the table. 

"Mommy? Uncle? Aren't we going to eat?" Tiffany asked as the two adults made no move to sit down. 

"O-oh yeah. Let's eat." 

It was mostly silent during the dinner except for Tiffany who was talking and trying to feed Taeyeon.

"Say ahhh unnie" Tiffany held a fork up in front of Taeyeon's mouth.

"I can eat on my own you know." Taeyeon tried to get ahold of the fork but since they sat down Tiffany hadn't let go of her hand so her struggle was futile. 

"Nope! Open your mouth unnie" Tiffany placed the fork against her lips now and Taeyeon reluctantly opened . Her cheeks were dyed pink from embarrassment and she chewed the food slowly. 

"Good?" Tiffany asked. 

Taeyeon only nodded and the younger girl's eyes turned crescent. 

"Good! Mommy makes really delicious food. I'm glad that you like it." 

Tiffany kept on feeding Taeyeon without noticing the look the adults who kept on staring at this bizarre scene in front of them. Just yesterday Taeyeon didn't want anything to do with Tiffany but here she is being fed by Tiffany plus the hand holding. Junhwa knew that Taeyeon didn't like being touched but Tiffany easily broke the barrier between them which had taken him a few years. He was impressed, to say the least. 

"How was school today you two? It seems like you got closer." Junhwa decided to ask curiously. 

"It was nice. Everybody in the class was nice and I got to be with Taeyeon unnie. I also met a girl named Sooyoung she was nice as well." Tiffany said while feeding Taeyeon who just nodded in agreement. She didn't answer the second question on purpose as to not reveal what happened between them on their way home. Fortunately, Junhwa and Michelle didn't seem to notice this fact and just smiled at the closeness between the two of them.  

"Well, I'm glad that you guys are so friendly with each other now, especially since that little rascal was so unfriendly yesterday." Junhwa smiled and ruffled Taeyeon's hair. 

"Uncle!" Taeyeon protested and pouted as her hair now was messy. Junhwa and Michelle both let out a laugh. Tiffany as well couldn't help but let out a small laugh but she quickly fixed her hair. 

"There you look pretty again." Tiffany gave Taeyeon a crescent smile and continued to eat while the latter was stunned at the quick action of the younger girl. Tiffany was kind and attentive and it made her feel fuzzy inside. She squeezed their interlocked hands bashfully gaining a giggle and a squeeze back from the younger girl. 

Taeyeon's uncle fondly smiled at his niece. It had been a while since he had seen her this happy. He was glad that he brought Michelle and Tiffany here. He took hold of Michelle's hand as well to indicate how happy he was and he received a smile from her. They truly looked like a happy family together. 

Soon after they finished dinner and the adults shooed the children away saying that they would take care of the dishes so they could get ready for bed. 

Tiffany was on the bed in her pink pajamas fluffing up the pillows for them to sleep on. She plopped down and faced Taeyeon who just awkwardly stood around in the middle of the room with her blue pajamas.  Suddenly it wasn't infuriating to have Tiffany on the bed but rather embarrassing. She was at a loss on what to do now. 

"What are you doing unnie? Come here~" Tiffany chuckled and beckoned her to come to bed. 

Taeyeon was reluctant at first but gave in when the younger girl became more insistent. She climbed on the bed and Tiffany grabbed onto the edge of Taeyeon's blue pajama shirt. She tugged lightly on it but strong enough for Taeyeon to lose her balance and fall face first into the pillow next to her. 

Taeyeon groaned and turned to the side to glare at Tiffany but her breath got stuck in when she saw Tiffany smiling next to her happily. It was such a blinding and warm smile that it melted Taeyeon's anger right away.  Her face grew warm and she opted to bury her face into pillow again to avoid the younger girl's smile. She heard a giggle and rustling when a warm hand took ahold of hers. 

"Look at me Taeyeon unnie." 

Taeyeon shook her head but that didn't make Tiffany give up. 

"Please?" Tiffany said pleadingly. 

Taeyeon grunted and cursed her own weakness when she turned her head to face Tiffany. She gasped lightly when she saw how close Tiffany's face had gotten. She could feel her warm breath fan her face. 

"I'm happy right now Taeyeon unnie." Tiffany said," I'm so happy that we are together." 

Taeyeon's eyes widened when she heard those words but then she smiled back at Tiffany. She was happy as well.

-------------------------------------

WOHOOOO WEHEEEE Update! Still slow but imma try making it juicy later! (I hope). Anyways sorry again for the delay and I hope you guys are going to enjoy this update while I try fighting off my essays and finals XD. WHOOSH Potatoe out! 

Vote, Subcribe and comment cause I love you guys XD