Town festival

Without a Heart

Despite what many believed he was observant. It didn't take Taehyung long to note how the town he had come across was different than all those he had been to. The dark looming feeling that was at every corner, every street, dark alley and store never left. He also never failed to notice the animosity between a few selected people, but he never truly questioned it. He wouldn't not until he finally understood that the blood coursing through his veins was the very thing that had danger heading his way at every turn and step that he would take.

When he finally does learn about the truth of the town, he will be horrified. The fear pumping through his veins loud, and his thoughts never ending as he would run to the only few people he felt safe with. But at the sight of the glowing eyes and fangs, he'd leave. Only to run into the arms of the witches and hunters, unaware of the pain he would cause in the future. 

If only someone had told him before, then no one would have had to die. Well, at least not as many who did. 

●♡○

He wasn't known for being one to indulge anyone. Least of all a human, his father didn't raise him to waste his time, and he never had a reason to give anyone the time of day. Well, at least that's how it was before his eyes had ever landed on the human who came into their town just as enemies began to surface and blood began to spill. If he didn't know any better he would think that nothing but trouble would follow after; and that the one responsible was the very human he found himself seeking.

When he saw him standing there alone he wouldn't be able to say what overcame him. The sudden desire to make sure the human who had been driving him mad wasn't left vulnerable strong. As he moved he didn't notice the arrival of an old enemy who watched with fascinated eyes how he had lost himself in wide blue eyes and strong yet delicate feature. As for him to the surprise of everyone present his features softened ever so slightly and his touch gentle as he asked the human with the vanilla scent for a dance. 

○♡●

Unaware of the bloodthirsty eyes on him, he smiled. His eyes bright and laughter loud as he takes his hand and does the one thing a human never should have been allowed to do. He touched an original vampire and unknowingly participated in a dance meant for lovers.

●♡○

For once Jimin would be at a loss. The feelings that would begin to grow and consume him foreign and his knowledge lacking despite all the books he read and decades he had lived through. As much as he would try to reason that he was only getting closer to the human to ensure that no issues should rise or what had happened decades ago wouldn't repeat he was lying. While it had been true in the beginning he didn't realize that his heart would slowly begin to beat. 

○♡●

When he wakes up it's to the burning of his throat and his body feeling heavy. Without any noisereaching his ears he's at a loss, the cold beneath him different. Lips parting his body racks as he heavily coughs. His coughs dry and his chest expanding in and out as he tries to catch his breath. Curling in on himself his fingers dig into the dirt littering the cement at the bottom of the cell. Head spinning he grits his teeth, his fangs pricking the bottom of his lips. As his body ached in protest he struggled to open his eyes. Squinting he wasn't surprised to see the gashes along his arms and the ones he could feel on the rest of his body. 

Pushing himself to his knees Taemin lets out a groan. When his arms can't go any further the slight sound of metal straining has him letting out a low chuckle. Not shocked Taemin does nothing but stare at the metal door. Tugging at his arms the clinking of metal has him wondering how long they had planned this. Head tilting he's relieved to see the decent amount of chain he had been allowed. Facing forward he feels hurt, a part of him regretful. His heart heavy and his eyes filling with tears when he realizes that maybe he shouldn't have pushed his luck before. Jimin wasn't known for his patience or forgiveness, and most importantly Taemin knew how much the rules were important to the other. 

Moving slowly, his knees drag as he moves to the door. The chains attached to his wrists digging into his skin and his breathing heavy. As soon as the metal bars are within reach he lets out a yell. His voice cracking and his arms trembling as he tries to stand. Yelling until his throat is sore his cries go ignored.

●♡●

When his eyes flutter to an open he finds himself at the strong scent of vanilla. The body pressed against his side grounding and warm. Pulling the male in his arms closer Jimin let's out a sigh. Arms tightening around the human in his arms he turns onto his side. His eyes immediately falling onto the male in his arms. Pulling Taehyung impossibly closer he runs one lone hand through brown hair. The small hum from Taehyung enough to relax him. Smiling softly, Jimin lifts up one hand. Dragging his thumb along the bottom of Taehyung's lips his eyes move to the rest of his features. Pressing his lips to the crown of his head, Jimin groans. 

As legs move and tangle further with his, and hands cling to his clothes he lets out a laugh. Just as he goes to talk his breath hitches. The feeling of lips pressed against his neck having him shudder. As a trail of wet kisses moves up to his neck to his jaw Jimin swallows a growl at the bite to his chin. When he sees blue eyes peering up at him he doesn't waste a second before sweeping back down and attacking the younger's mouth. Lips moving eagerly he rolls them over. His hands gripping tightly onto Taehyung, as legs wrap around his waist and hands tangle in his hair. Breathing through his nose Jimin lets himself get lost in the feeling. 

Pulling back the heavy panting against his mouth has him dropping one kiss after another the words muttered against his mouth reassuring the growing hunger in him as he seals their lips together. His body no longer hovering as he drops his hips and begs to slowly rolls them. The small whimpers that reach his ears followed by a cry as he bites into the side of Taehyung's neck. 

Groaning Jimin throws an arm over his eyes when he wakes. Feeling flushed he kicks at the blanket around his waist, the heat too much and the dream too vivid. Turning his head to the side he steals a glance at the clock across from him before rising to his feet. Slowly as he began to fold the blankets and place them on one side of the couch he couldn't help but take a moment to himself. The sound of a single heartbeat in his complex loud to his ears and entirely all he could focus on. The steady ba-bump...ba-bump, ba-bump...ba-bump calming.   

Making his way to his room the sight of Taehyung still asleep has him walking over. The sense of deja vu mocking. Breath hitching he tries to ignore the faint tingle that rushes through him, a part of him wondering how it would feel to have Taehyung so close. And if his whimpers sounded anything like the ones in his dreams. Growling Jimin runs a hand through his hair. 'Don't think about it. Don't think about it.'

Poking at the nearest limb the slight mumble of words has his eyes narrowing. Whatever curiosity he had fleeting as he watches the blankets swallow the human cocooned in them. Glancing at the clock on the wall the bright numbers has him shaking the human occupying his bed. When a hand swats him away he glares, his grey eyes flickering for a moment before he's rolling his shoulders and pinching the bridge of his nose.

'Hasn't he slept enough? How long do humans usually sleep?'

Glaring at Taehyung, his glare darkens at the slight snore that reaches his ears. Turning around he makes his way to the door, taking a glance back his lips part and the words on his tongue forming. Clicking his tongue his mouth falls to a shut. 'Does he have to be so annoying?'

Deciding to start his daily routine Jimin forgets about the male sleeping away. When he begins his daily run he continues running until his lungs are burning, his cheeks are flushed and sweat begins to drench his clothes. After quickly showering and beginning to pour himself a glass of blood he sighs. He knew he had to be quick. He doubted Taehyung knew that anyone least of all him, was a vampire. Tilting his head back his lips part as the cool liquid satisfies his burning hunger. With each swallow and drop the burn fades away. It's only when he hears Taehyung's deep voice that he startles, "Morning Jimin."

Turning around he wasn't ready for the disheveled brown hair and sleepy blue eyes staring at him. At the sight of the human rubbing at his eyes, he can't help but nearly groan at the strong scent of vanilla. 'Why is your scent...so annoying?'

"Afternoon Taehyung."

Eyes focused on the younger he watches with curious eyes how the other falls back onto the couch. His arms immediately wrapping around the pillow he had used. It's only when Taehyung begins to nod off that Jimin decides he's slept enough. Steps light he's quick to cover the distance before grabbing onto the pillow and ripping it away. At the sharp gasp and wide blue eyes fluttering and looking around, he stifles a laugh as he tells Taehyung to get up and start moving and have something to eat. 

○♡○

Having left Jimin's complex Taehyung slowly began to make his way back to his place. With sleep still clinging onto him, he rubbed at his eyes, the food settling in his stomach helping him become more aware as he chewed on the last remains in his mouth. With more people out during the day and bumping into him he's careful. The glances he had received since he had first arrived still present. Checking his phone he's confused, the whispers about a dance and the meal down at the main park all he could hear. 

With Alice's Table being closed for the day he was at a loss. He didn't have any other plans besides work for the day, so the sudden free day was new and unplanned. Excusing himself Taehyung pulls out his phone, his eyes quickly flickering u to make sure he didn't run into anyone. As he read the message sent by Hani, he wondered what was so important about the town festival she had told him about just a few days ago. Pouting he waits along the sidewalk with a few others, his eyes moving around and taking in the decorations and stands being set up at every other corner and street. When the cars come to a stop and the crosswalk sign glows he follows with the rest. 

Just as the street's start to become more familiar the face that he sees from the corner of his eyes has him gasping. A rush of excitement surfacing. Coming to a stop he rushes into his direction, his right hand outstretched and his voice loud and clear as he begins yelling out, "Hyung! Hyung! Over here!"

Ignoring the complaints Taehyung pushes and sidesteps only to gape when he sees no one but complete strangers. Turning on his heel, his eyes move around quickly. The disbelief present and his eyes dulling. 'He was just here.'

"Taehyung."

Turning around the sight of familiar light brown hair and hazel eyes has his heart clenching. Rushing into opens arms Taehyung lets a small sob escape his lips, "Bogum-hyung."

Rubbing his hands along Taehyung's back Bogum bites down on his lower lip. The scent of vanilla and tears invading his senses. Turning his head to the side he lets out a shuddering breath. Tightening his hold he's careful about the strength he uses. Pressing a kiss to the side of the younger's head he can't help but coo at the sob that reaches his ears. Loosening his hold he slowly begins to guide Taehyung away from the middle of the sidewalk. Standing off to the side he wipes at the tears falling. 

"It's been a long time. I didn't think I'd ever get to see you again."

"Where did you go hyung?"

Feeling a gaze on them Bogum takes a glance to the side. His eyes are quick to find the one watching them. Eyes narrowing Bogum resists the urge to kill the vampire watching them, instead, as he redirects his attention he finally answers his dongsaeng, "I needed to go find someone. Do you remember what I told you all those years."

At the nod, Bogum let's out a sigh, before answering, "I think I finally know where they are, who they are exactly... I want to tell you, but there are too many people around. Do you think we could meet up somewhere else?"

Quickly exchanging their phone numbers once again after all these years and typing in where they were both staying they continue their conversation. While they continued to talk Bogum didn't forget about the young vampire staring silently at them. It's only when they both eventually go there own ways that he quickly disappears. Remaining silent, Bogum watches as the vampire begins to follow after Taehyung. Biting the inside of his cheeks he turns around. As he began to look for Yugyeoum his thoughts go back to his best friend. Having yet to tell Taehyung that he was a hybrid he felt scared. 

If anyone were to ask him, what exactly he was the answer, would be a simple one. Being the child of a vampire and a human had been rough. No one wanted a Dhampir around, and why would they when his kind could be the most dangerous and easily swayed with even one drop of blood or the mere promise of receiving some. At the brief thought of the word, he's back in those dreadful memories. One's he no longer wished to relieve but couldn't because of his mere existence. 

After seeing how poorly his mother was treated in the vampire society his dislike for the vampires grew. His hatred became permanent when he had witnessed his own father and mother murdered by an ancient family of vampires. In the end, as he cried for both of his parents he vowed he'd hunt the Park family down and not only kill their only heir, but make them watch as he did so they could feel an ounce of what he did that day. Along with killing as many vampires as he could. 

●♡○

Trailing after the human his hyung had been keeping an eye on Jungkook tilts his head to the side. His eyes wide as he takes in the interaction between the two before him. Remaining hidden among the sea of people moving, he didn't miss the glance the hybrid threw his way. Fangs bared he sends a wicked grin, his eyes gleaming and his mind racing with questions and ideas about the current situation at hand. 'How does Taehyung know that half-breed? But most important what is that half human doing here?'

As the two continued to converse, he takes a good look at the half-breed, his eyes taking in the duffle slung over the right shoulder and the way he was standing. Ears straining, Jungkook grits his teeth, their words unknown and overlapped by those getting ready for the festival. When the two separate ways Jungkook remains still. A part of him torn about who to follow, in the end, he follows after the human. His hands, quick to pull out his phone and send a text to both Yoongi and Jimin. Lips pursed he keeps his distance from Taehyung. His gaze observant as he tries to understand what was so fascinating about the human before him. He didn't understand why Jimin was so interested in someone who could die so easily. 

Slowly coming to stop Jungkook snorts when he sees Taehyung stumble while trying to open the door leading to the apartment complex. Once the doors are closed and he can no longer hear or see the human he begins to leave. Beginning to make his way back to The Siren's Lie, Jungkook finds himself thinking about his own father when he sees a father and son walking. 

For a long as he knew it was just him and his father. They didn't have much, they barely had enough money to put a roof over their heads much less have an actual meal. But he never did mind, because as long as he had his father he knew he was safe. 

It wasn't often that his father took him out. The occasion often so rare that he could count them on one hand. Clutching tightly onto his father's hand he held on tightly onto the ice cream his father had bought. The closer they had begun to get home, the more it became apparent that his father was nervous. The slight tremble of his father's hand confusing and his questions ignored. It's only when they are climbing the few steps leading to their home that Jungkook doesn't want to go in. The sight of the door being broken and the hinges ripped off unsettling. 

Despite his protest, the hand along his back send him forward. Stumbling the sight of three men standing in their living room has him clutching tightly onto his father who grabs him by the shoulders and-Ring! Ring!

Gasping, Jungkook quickly digs for his phone, his hands shaking as he goes to answer. 

"Yoongi-hyung...I"

Jungkook, what's wrong?

○♡●

At the sound of the music, his grin is wide. He knew he'd make it right on time. Sending a smile here and there he lets himself move between the bodies moving about. The music light and cheerful. Remaining silent he heads to the one table in the far corner. His pose elegant and his tux clingy pleasantly to his frame. Stopping before the cups filled with red liquid he smiles before nodding to a few of the workers moving around. Taking a sip of the wine laced with blood he lets out a low hum. 

Glancing around his eyes remain bored when he doesn't see his dear old friend. It's only when he hears a cough that he turns, eyes mirthful his voice is loud, "Namjoon! How are you? How's Jin?"

"Hello, Mark. We're fine. I didn't know you were invited."

"Well, you see that's the thing. I never got my invitation."

At the slight nod, and question gaze Mark lifts his cup before downing the rest of his drink. Excusing himself he turns back to glance at Namjoon. Seeing the burning gaze on him he smiles. 'How long will it take for everyone else to notice I wonder?' 

Deciding to remain at the side of the table to stay clear out of Namjoon's way his eyes widen when he sees Park Jimin. Just as he's about to go to the other the sight of Lisa trailing after the other has him wincing. 

"Well, this is certainly going to be fun.'"

Pocketing his phone Jimin feels himself slowly growing annoyed. Not only did Yoongi let him know about a half-breed Jungkook had spotted today. He had also received words along with it that a hunter was in town and add to that the fact that Jungkook seemed to be going back to that day had him feeling stressed and worried. He hated knowing Jungkook still felt at a loss, hurt and conflicted but he felt powerless. He didn't like knowing that one of his closest friends was struggling, especially because of what his father had done and those who had been present that day. 

Steps coming to a step his eyebrows raise when he sees Wheein and Hyejin. It wasn't often that the witches actually approached this side of the town, especially when they knew what the festival actually meant. Looking away Jimin decides that for now, he shouldn't focus on them. He needed to focus, he needs to find his brother and talk to him immediately. Brushing the hand clasping his shoulder Jimin turns to glare at Lisa, "Don't touch me."

Frustrated Jimin's glare darkens. He couldn't remember how many times he had told her he wasn't interested in seeing her. 

Hurt Lisa's voice is a whisper, "All I wanted was one dance. Is that asking for too much?"

"Yes."

Turning on his heel Jimin moves through the crowd of people. Just as he's about to leave the sight of his brother sitting before Taehyung has him hesitating. Unsure about what to do he doesn't think and in that moment he slowly begins to move to the vanilla scent calling to him among all the rest.  As he came to a stop before their table he gives a quick greeting to his brother before focusing his attention to Taehyung. Eyes taking in the button up shirt and jeans his gaze judgemental, but at the bright smile sent his way he feels himself flush.

 "I didn't know you were coming?"

"I invited him."

Turning to looks at Yoongi, he remains silent, Taehyung's silent agreement stored away. Nodding Jimin turns to look to the left, seeing his father he snorts.

"Is he really going to make us dance?"

Not needing to look at his brother the lack of an answer is enough for him to know that they didn't have a choice. Groaning Jimin lets his hands clutch tightly onto the chair before him.

"Who's making you dance?"
Head-turning towards Taehyung his lips form a frown as he spits out, "My father Park Chanyeol. He's the one sitting at the fancy table on the left."

Watching curiously how Taehyung regards his father Jimin turns to follow his gaze. Seeing Lisa heading his way his eyes clench to a shut. 'Why, why, why? Can't I dance with anyone else?'

Eyes widening Jimin turns towards Taehyung, is eyes once more scanning the younger from head to toe. 'His scent is annoying, but he'll do.'

 "Taehyung, would you like to dance?"

"What?"

"What?"

Ignoring his brother Jimin takes a step closer, his hand extended as he asks once again, "Would you like to dance with me?"

Mouth gaping Taehyung flushes. Taking a glance at Yoongi he only feels more embarrassed when he sees nothing but genuine curiosity there. 

His voice is low when he replies, "I-I don't know how to dance."

"That's alright, you'll just have to follow me, okay?"

As he takes in gentle grey eyes, Taehyung nods before slowly placing his hand in Jimin's. 

Just as the musicians began to get ready for the next set both slowly moved to the open dance floor. Jimin's hold gentle as he pulled Taehyung along, it's only once they are surrounded by other dancer's that Jimin let's go. Waiting to hear the first note, Jimin's eyes widen when he realizes just what song he was supposed to dance to with Taehyung. Unable to believe his luck Jimin turns to tell Taehyung that maybe they should wait, but the slight tremble of nerves he sees has him pausing. 

Gripping Taehyung's waist with his right hand Jimin's pulls him forward until their chest flush. His other hand clutching Taehyung others. Softly instructing Taehyung where to place his available hand Jimin send him a reassuring smile, before telling him to relax and follow his lead. As the next few notes fill the air, Jimin takes a step forward his eyes locked on bright blue. Hands gentle he slowly begins to guide Taehyung through the steps. Their movements in sync.

With each step backward the slow turn and dip were followed by many sidesteps and twirls. It wasn't until the lift came that Jimin smiled at the laugh that escaped Taehyung. Pulling him back Jimin didn't realize how much closer he had pulled Taehyung. Nor did he realize that he was breathing in deeply the vanilla scent, before everyone. 

Unknowingly as they both relaxed and continued to dance to the song meant for lover's they failed to realize who's attention they had attracted. The obvious disbelief, anger an outrage clear to everyone but them. 

Lips pursed Yoongi wondered if Jimin realized that he may have accidentally claimed Taehyung not only before their father but the ancient families. Lips forming into a smile Yoongi knew that no matter what his father or anyone else would say, they wouldn't be able to tell Jimin to stay away from Taehyung. Not when the dance was done willingly and so publicly before the vampire and human community. Eyes flickering to their father he's at a loss. Not seeing any form of reaction Yoongi knows that what would shortly be followed after would courtship. 

'Jimin, do you even realize what you have done? You already bonded with him. Now what will you do?' 

●♡○

Eyes trailing after the human male he remains silent. Hidden in the dancing shadows he can't help but watch how the male before him was so careless and full of life. The racing of blood and the pumping heart calling for his attention and urging for him to sink his fangs into the side of his neck and drain him of every ounce of blood. But he couldn't, but oh did he want to. 

Yet what intrigued him further was the sight of Park Chanyeol's son, Jimin embracing the human. At the light giggle that erupt from Taehyung his eyes widen at the quick kiss Jimin places against the other's cheeks. His eyes filled with fondness and his hold possessive as he pulls him in closer.

Grinning wickedly he can't help but whisper, "Oh, Jimin how the mighty have fallen. If he's the key to breaking you, well then it won't take long."