First day in town

Without a Heart

The arrival of a stranger has heads reeling. Questions starting to form on the tip of the townie's tongues but their refusal to ask them wins as they quickly glance away. It wasn't often that someone would stop by not when word to stay as far away as possible got around. The humans who see the boy immediately feel pity. Someone should warn him, but the fear of being overheard wins and those who don't feel pity hope that if it does come down to it, it would be better if it wasn't one of there own but the male who passed by the welcome sign. Mothers who see the lone boy hope he won’t be one of the ones to disappear in the dead of the night. They didn’t need another stranger coming into town to find someone who could no longer before found, it would only add to the growing numbers of lost boys. Yet none move to say a word as he makes his way down the road, instead, they continue on with their days. Stealing glances when they can. Wordlessly the boy stares in awe, his wide eyes taking in the view of everything offered, the looks thrown his way go unnoticed as his eyes dance from one building to another. His steps falter as he turns around. The sight of huge buildings stealing his attention with its gothic architecture style and the unique names lining the local stores of the growing town.

Hearing snippets every now and then about the new stranger he doesn't react. Dragging his pen across documents his eyes remain on inked letters. Among the sea of sweat, blood and bitter scents all of them are drowned out by a single overwhelming sweet smell. It wasn't until the smell of vanilla registered that Jimin moved. The papers in front of his desk forgotten with each step he took. Peering out his window the sight of honey brown locks holds his attention. With each step taken, the boy hicks his bag up higher along his back. His small murmuring drowned out by the sound of everyday work and cars moving by. Eyes glued to the boy passing by his home Jimin's gaze remains neutral. Watching as the boy huffs before rubbing the back of his head and pushes at the back of the bag against his back, Jimin can't help the twitching of his eyes as the male stumbles over nothing. The boys laugh is loud, the blood rushing to his cheeks has women pressing their hands against their face when the boy looks at them and waves. 

'Who the hell does he think he is?'

Narrowing his eyes, he snaps his jaw. The urge to snap the boy's neck growing and just before he can make his final decision he schools his features into one of indifference. It isn't until bright sea blue eyes meet his that his mask crumbles and his breath hitches. For a moment all he can do is take in the male’s features, his mind forgetting about his urge to end the life of the man below him. As the harsh winds of autumn continue to roll in honey brown locks move, large cyan eyes widen before they close with the howl of the wind. Sleek features have more eyes glancing the man’s way than any other male could in the city and the tan skin in sight has him wondering just where he is from.

In the moment when their eyes connect and he can see nothing but blue Jimin can't help but wish a horrible death upon the man. The smile sent his way is so bright and innocent that he can't help but scowl before turning away from the sight of curious blue eyes. His own flashing red with hatred. His steps are loud in his empty home. There was no reason for a boy such as him to be so happy about anything in this world.

 

As he once more settles down in his anger Jimin stews. Grabbing a pen harshly he begins to once more read, underline some concerns and sign when needed. Pulling his phone from his pocket, he’s immediately dialing for his right hand. As soon as the call goes through, Jungkook's voice seeps through. Asking for the black haired male to pick him up for work he ends the call. Collecting the papers along his desk, Jimin's once more dialing. His fingers quick to put everything away and grab his jacket just as his brother's voice comes through.  

"Jimin."

Voice quiet, Jimin starts as he makes his way down the hall, "Yoongi, have you heard anything about the stranger in town?"

The soft shuffling on the other end quiets for a moment before the sound of water running is the only sound on the other line. Just before Jimin can say anything, words are already filling the room, "No, not yet. Did you want to know anything specific about this guy? You were never interested in anyone before."

Scoffing at the hidden question, Jimin closes his door just as a black car comes into view. As he walks down he can already imagine Yoongi's reaction to what he's about to say, "I'm not like Namjoon, Yoongi. I'm not going to fall in love with one and turn him. Humans are nothing but trouble. All they are to me is nothing but food and weak creatures that should know their place. You already know this."

"Namjoon felt the same way before, he got engaged to Jin."

"Namjoon's weakness has always been his heart. I just have a bad feeling about this one, and I don't want any unnecessary problems surfacing because of him. I need to know enough about him to make sure he won't try and do what happened decades ago."

"Alright, I'll see what I can find. I'll have to get his name first and see where he's staying at, but I'll get it done. Are you still meeting up with Namjoon for the business dinner?"

"Yeah, are you coming? Father won't like it if you miss out on another one."

"Yeah, I'll be there. Tell Jungkook to stop feeding so much, we don't want a hunter coming into town. It'll just get messy. Bye, Min."

Bye, Yoongi.

As the window rolls down and Jungkook's bright smile greets Jimin, the two are slowly making their way just as the door closes.

  ○♡○

 

Pulling at the scarf around his neck, he rubs his hands together before shoving them into his jacket. As he walks his eyes take everything in within his sight. With the wide arches and pointed structures, he can’t help but wonder when the town was founded. Having arrived into the average sized city the feeling of eyes on him has Taehyung raising his gaze up the large house after having stumbled a few feet back. Seeing a boy, no older than him with black hair and piercing stormy grey eyes he smiles. Seeing a frown grace the boy in the window he holds his smile as the boy disappears. Pursing his lips he can't help but wonder if his smile came out a little too strong. Pulling out his phone he looks at the address of his new apartment and the bakery he'll be working at come Monday. Frowning at the name of the street he glances to the name of the one near him before making his way over to the closest person within his range. Seeing the look of fear and pity directed his way he pauses as the man turns away from him. His question dying at the tip of his tongue. 'Did I do something wrong?'

 

Walking around for minutes Taehyung stops right in front of Alice's Table. Looking at the address one more time he's pulling the door. Once he's in the warmth and smell of baked goods has him sagging in relief and his stomach rumbling from his long travel. Walking towards the counter the sight of two women greet him. Their smiles wide as the glance once at him before their asking for his name. 

In the end, after being given a new uniform and learning about his managers Wheein and Hyejin Taehyung's show around the bakery. Being told he would be taught tomorrow about how to prepare the baked goods and where to place them along with being shown the back room. As he starts to fill out some paperwork their words are soft as they ask him questions about where he's from. Feeling slightly uncomfortable about revealing where he was originally Taehyung lies. The words tumbling out of his mouth easily. As their conversation continues, he passes each filled sheet to Wheein who's hazel brown eyes take everything in sight almost immediately before she's setting it aside and waiting for the next one. 

Once everything is accounted for, just as he's about to leave Taehyung asks them for the directions to his place. The small drawn out map from both women has a soft smile blooming across his face. Bowing once he takes his leave. Passing by local stores, and businesses his eyes land on the massive building with the bright neon letters The Siren's lie. 

○♡●  

Several blocks away the screams of the man are drowned out by the hand covering his mouth as fangs tear into the side of his neck. The pounding of his heart loud, the thrashing of his body against the larger figure doing nothing as the vampire tightens his grip and his bones begin to break. His small pleas for mercy no longer coming out as he wheezes and groans at the pain all while trying to pry hands away. The vampires laugh is chilling, as he feels him pull away before the piercing and tearing of his flesh once more resumes.

As sharp fangs continue to dig in the snapping of the human's neck is followed as teeth hit bone, pulling back the body drops as blood red eyes take in the body on the ground. Wiping is tongue along the bottom of his lip to savor the rest of the blood, the vampire makes his way out. His steps long. Once within view he smiles and begins his way down the sidewalk, brown eyes catching a new face among the crowd. Seeing the bag on the man's back he smiles.

No one will ever miss a stranger.