Chapter 1

Rewrite the Stars

Byulyi doesn't know when it started. They were friends and with the rapper's tendency to hug anyone when she's embarassed it was easy to hold the leader since she was closest to her in their standing position. At first she could feel Yongsun going rigid whenever she did this but would soon relax and so it became a habit. 

Hand holding, hugging, squishing Yongsun's cheeks, even putting her nose on the singer's chin became a regular thing and nobody seemed to mind. Wherever Yongsun goes everyone knows Byulyi would also be there. 

It didn't become a problem. Not until Byul started to feel her heart jumping out of her chest at everything Yongsun does. She thought it was just a normal thing with the kind of lifestyle they had; seeing each other and being together almost twenty four seven, it made their bond a lot stronger. Or that was what she told herself.

It wasn't until their leader had to film for We Got Married that Byulyi knew that what she feels towards Yongsun wasn't just friendship. If it was purely friendship then why does her heart feels like it's breaking in half everytime Yongsun goes out to film? Why does she feel like crying when the older girl mentioned how Eric was such an ideal guy? 

It made her blood boil just thinking about Yongsun going out with someone other than her and pretending to be married to a guy she doesn't even know and the rapper was very vocal about her complete dislike of the whole ordeal. Her members and staff knew not to mention anything related to the show Yongsun was on unless they want to hear Byulyi rant about how stupid the idea was so it was a complete surprise to her when their CEO informed them that they had to guest on the said show.

It became all too much for the rapper and she couldn't hold her tounge any longer resulting in her getting into an argument with their CEO but she couldn't do anything about it. The decision was already made and they all had to show up for the filming. 

This put the rapper in a foul mood for days that their CEO decided to inform Yongsun about the guesting situation so that she could talk some sense in her member. 

It was one of their rare days off and Byulyi was lounging on her sofa when she heard Daebakie barking at the door. Not a minute later the door opened, she didn't need to guess who the other person was, seeing as only Yongsun knew the code to her house. 

"Byul-ah?"

"Living room."

She could hear the faint sound of foosteps coming towards her and so she braced herself for whatever's about to happen. It's been a long time since Yongsun and her hang out together let alone for the older girl to visit her house. 

"They told me you didn't like the idea of guesting on the show."

Straight to the point like always unnie. Byulyi thought as she let out a groan and burried her face in one of her pillows.

"So they sent you here to convice me then? I thought the whole point of this was to somehow surprise you but I guess they couldn't hold heir tounge huh." Her voice was muffled by the pillow but it was clear enough for Yongsun to hear.

"Could you stop acting like such a brat and tell me why you don't wanna go?"

Instead of answering, the rapper turned her face away from Yongsun which started to irritate the older girl. 

"Oh what, so now you're not gonna answer me?"

Silence filled the room as Byul continued to ignore her friend.

"Damn it Byul just tell me the reason why you don't wanna do it! I'm tired from filming all day and I still need to get up early tomorrow so spill it!"

"If your so tired then go home!", she shouted and faced the singer, "I didn't ask you to come here in the first place."  

The last thing she wanted to do was to get in a fight with the girl but Byulyi couldn't help feeling as though she was slowly loosing Yongsun. It was hard enough hearing her talk about the guy in such high regards all the time and the few clips she was able to see from the show made the green eyed monster within her rage but to see it all face to face? Byulyi doesn't know if she could take it. 

"I'm here because you haven't been acting like yourself lately and I'm worried!"

"Worried? Oh please unnie, the only reason why your here is because the CEO told you to. Ever since you started that show all you ever talk about is Eric this and Eric that, you hardly ever notice me." 

Byul got up from the couch and went to her kitchen pretending to grab something out of the fridge.

"Is that why your acting like this? Beause you think I don't pay attention to you anymore?" Yongsun sighed in irritation before yelling out, "What are you five? Is it because you don't have anyone to annoy without me around, is that it? Are you so immature that your willing to sabotage this opportunity for me just because you don't have anyone to tease? Grow up will you!"

"Get out." Her knuckles were starting to turn white from holding the fridge door too tight hoping it would stop her tears from falling.

"We're not done taking."

"I said get out." She said with more conviction, Byul just hoped Yongsun didn't hear the tremor in her voice.

"Fine."

As soon as she heard the door slam shut Byul broke down in tears. It hurt knowing that the one she's in love with is getting close with another man. What Byulyi didn't realise was how it hurt more knowing Yongsun thinks so little of her that she'd deliberately do something as petty as to refuse to show on a schedule just to spite her.


Yongsun got up early the next day for her schedule. It was the last day of filming We Got Married before getting a much needed break and the singer couldn't wait for it to end. She was thankful for the exposure it gave but she has to admit how tiring it's been. 

She grabbed her phone and was about to call her best friend when she remembered the fight they had the previous evening. 

I said some stupid things last night, she's probably mad at me right now. 

But it's her fault for being so stubborn! She could've just told me why she hates the show so much.

The singer received a text from her manager telling her to get ready and so she put the issue at the back of her head for now.

We fight like this all the time, she'll come around. She always does.

Except this time no pictures of dogs were sent to her from the rapper all day. It was nearing night time and Yongsun was officially on break from filming but no messages came through. She was starting to get anxious specially since Byul would usually contact her by now but she didn't want to text her first and so she waited a bit more. After another hour of staring at her phone Yongsun gave up and sent a message through their group chat.

 

Yongleader

Finally done with filming!

What's everyone up to?

 

Wheepup

Yahoo! Does this mean you can hang out with us again unnie?

 

Ahnyonce

Wheenie's at my house.

Again.

 

Wheepup

Don't act like you hate it Hyejin, you know you love me.

 

Ahnyonce

Debatable

 

Wheepup

Yongsun unnie, Hyejin's being mean to me!

 

Ahnyonce

Am not!

Anyway, you wanna come over unnie? 

 

She laughed at her dongsaengs antics. This was what she missed the most but as happy as she is hearing from the maknae line, Yongsun noticed that there was still no reply from a certain hamster which made her frown.

Maybe she's still a bit mad at me then.

 

Yongleader

I'll be there in a few minutes :)

 

Wheepup

Alright! Mamamoo party!

Too bad Byul unnie isn't here though TT

 

Yongleader

Didn't you invite her?

 

Yongsun was trying not to be too obvious about her questioning but she couldn't help the gnawing feeling in her stomach.

 

Ahnyonce

She went home last night, said something about her mom wanting to see her.

Didn't she tell you unnie?

 

 

"Manager oppa did Byul went home to Bucheon?" She immediately asked her manager who was driving the van.

"Yeah she went home last night. Why?"

"N-nothing, I just... didn't know that's all."

Yongsun sat back in the car lost in thought. Byul would always tell her whenever she would go back to her parents house no matter what time of day it was. Her  disappearing without letting the older girl know made her realize that she may have hurt her best friend more than she first thought.