Third time's a charm

The Truth Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ If you knew me, you would probably walk away. 

You wouldn't want to stay... ♫ 

I recently found Anson's music and I am in love 💗 

 

“Again! There was not enough emotion!”
 

 

“Cut! You paused for too long before saying your next line!”
 

 

“What’s wrong with everybody today?? Ahyoung, fix the lightning!”
 

 

“I can barely hear what the actors are saying, change the mics!”
 

 

“Cut! Not good enough!”
 

 

“Again!”
 

 

“If this goes on, we’ll be working until the sun rises!”
 

 

Again, again, again…
 

 

Taehyung was used to re-shooting scenes, but he really couldn’t understand why it was so hard to please Jungkook, he never seemed to be satisfied with the first take, especially if Taehyung was the one on set. If Jungkook had no complaints about Taehyung’s acting, he always pointed out something else, which was not okay and thus they ended up re-taking the same scene over and over again.
 

Jungkook was a perfectionist and honestly, so was Taehyung, maybe that’s why he didn’t mind re-shooting so many scenes. He wanted the drama to turn out good, perhaps just as much as Jungkook or maybe even more.
 

Taehyung was familiar with the younger’s previous projects, Jungkook’s work was flawless and that was remarkable, considering his age, he didn’t have much experience either.
 

It’s been just a few years since Jungkook made his name well-known, but he blew up right from the start. He preferred working on movies, Taehyung read that in an article a few weeks ago and this was actually Jungkook’s second time directing a drama, but he was doing a wonderful job.
 

Jungkook had everything and everyone under control on set. Nobody slacked off, nobody was left wandering around, not knowing what to do. Jungkook always gave clear instructions and advices, he never used a harsh tone and the whole staff loved working with him and Taehyung wasn’t going to lie… he enjoyed working with the younger as well, even though they were not exactly on good terms.
 

It was all worth it, the countless hours of work, Jungkook was an astonishingly good director and Taehyung couldn’t tear his eyes away from the screen whenever he saw the final product, each episode so far had been absolute perfection.
 

Taehyung actually got slightly excited when he heard the news that Jungkook had decided to take up the drama and be the director. Taehyung thought that he was finally going to get his questions answered. He really wanted to know what he had done to make Jungkook dislike him, he needed to know… so he could fix this, whatever this was, because it was driving him a bit crazy.
 

This was their third time working together.
 

The first time they worked together, Jungkook was still a university student. He was an intern, but the director seemed to really like him and he made sure to introduce the young boy to everyone on set, including the actors, even the hot-shots.
 

Taehyung would never forget the first time he saw Jungkook. He looked like a little, lost and maybe even frightened animal. He hesitantly shook hands and gave wavering smiles, he looked very nervous.
 

But Jungkook’s big, doe eyes were filled with wonder and they actually sparkled, Taehyung could see the passion in the younger’s eyes, he definitely had a bright future ahead of himself.
 

Taehyung was thrilled to finally say ‘Hello!’ and when he saw that the director with Jungkook by his side, was finally approaching, Taehyung instantly grinned with the might to greet Jungkook and that’s… when it all began.
 

The second Jungkook faced him, the boy’s expression changed drastically, his shining eyes now looked panicked and he almost whispered his greeting before he practically ran away.
 

Taehyung was left confused, but he thought that maybe Jungkook had something to do, maybe he had somewhere to go, so he didn’t pay much attention to their first meeting, but sadly they didn’t get the chance to interact much later on, because Taehyung didn’t have many scenes and he rarely saw Jungkook.
 

Taehyung played the younger brother of the female protagonist, the drama was a family one, it was one of Taehyung’s first projects after the military and that role was more than enough for him at the time, since he wanted to spend some quality time with his family.

The second time they worked together, Jungkook was an assistant-director and Taehyung was one of the main characters. However, he was the antagonist in the story – he played a cruel serial killer who mercilessly murdered his victims in dark alleys late at night. The drama revolved around Taehyung’s wrong doings and detective Hwang’s pursue of the criminal.
 

In the end, Taehyung’s character – Kang Mookyul, was never caught, because he was a way too smart and managed to cover up his crimes. The most breath-taking and heart-stopping moment was the scene during which detective Hwang was questioning Mookyul at the police station, because he had been captured by a severance camera near one of the crime scenes. It was just a questioning, but detective Hwang’s intuition was like no other and he was convinced that he had finally caught the culprit. However, due to lack of evidence Mookyul was released, but not without giving detective Hwang a wicked smirk before leaving the police station.

Taehyung made it super big after that, that role was his winning ticket, because it secured him his spot at the big scene once again. Everyone was amazed by his performance, he was told that he had portrayed the cold-blooded killer very well and that chills ran through everyone’s spines while he was on the screen, all viewers claimed they were on the edge from the beginning to the end. Taehyung’s delivery of the character was a masterpiece.
 

And here they were now, almost a year later, filming a drama called ‘The Truth Untold’.
 

The story was about a CEO who was cold-hearted and refused to open up, he didn’t let anyone close to him and over the years, he had created an invisible wall, which separated him from the rest of the world. It all worked just fine until a girl with a sweet smile and a big heart appeared. Some would say that it was a very typical and cliché drama, but Taehyung had never played a character like that and in a way… he could relate to him - Song Eunho.
 

Eunho just couldn’t trust people, he had been hurt and betrayed many times before, so creating a safe distance from everyone was his way of protecting himself.
 

Taehyung has always been blessed with great friends, with a few exceptions of course. He had an amazing and supportive family. He had tons of fans, people who loved him unconditionally and yet he felt lonely at times.
 

He was used to playing a character, who was in love, but he himself had never been in love.
 

He had dated a few people, but it never lasted for long. He felt like he was deceiving himself and the person by his side, because he did enjoy the other party’s company, but he has never truly felt the butterflies in his stomach, which people talked about, his heart has never raced at the mere thought of someone, so far he hadn’t felt like he had found the right person.
 

And at times, he wondered if he ever would.
 

He wondered if people looked at him and saw only Kim Taehyung – a star, an actor with raw and pure talent.
 

A diamond that shone bright and amazed everyone.
 

Taehyung’s heard a lot of superlatives about his acting and it did feel nice to know that people admired his work so much.
 

But it was certainly… a burden as well.
 

At times he wondered just how much he could reveal to the public, how much of Kim Taehyung he could really show, he wondered if anyone would fall in love with the boy whose initial dream was to become a farmer.
 

Taehyung had his insecurities, just like any other person.  But because of his cheerful persona, people rarely caught on and not a lot of people knew about the thoughts, which circled his mind.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter