Seulgi messes up. Kinda.

Of magic spells and love potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi furrowed her brow. Just one more drop of Honeywater and her potion should be done. She took a deep breath and let the last drop fall into her cauldron.

 

Nothing happened.

 

‘Damn,’ she muttered under her breath, throwing the flask of honeywater on the floor.

 

It was always the same with her potions; either they exploded or caused some other terrible damage, or nothing happened at all. On second thought, she should be happy nothing happened.

 

Tears were threatening to spill from her eyes, so she looked at the ceiling and tried to blink them back inside. She’d thought that by now she’d be used to the disappointment.

 

‘I probably didn’t add enough salamander blood.’

 

She took the red flask again and carefully poured some more.

Again nothing happened.

 

She sighed and stomped her foot. Then she gave up and poured the rest of the salamander blood in the cauldron. Looking back, she should have known not to meddle with the guidelines for the potion. Unfortunately, she only realised that when the contents of the potions started brewing and colored a bright green.

 

‘,’ she jumped upright and tried to seek shelter, but it was already too late. The Wiggenweld potion exploded with a loud bang, and Seulgi was thrown backwards by the blast. She landed on the floor a bit further and stayed there, lying on her side. This time she couldn’t suppress her tears.

 

‘Stupid brain,’ she sobbed, ‘st- stupid brain and stupid m-muggle parents and stu-stupid me.’

 

The room of requirement was a mess, her notes were spread across the floor, there was a big cloud of black smoke coming out of her cauldron, and the green fluid, which didn’t even resemble the potion she was trying to brew, coated part of the floor.

 

‘What the hell?’

 

She looked up and saw the door to the room of requirement wide open. In front of the big double doors stood a girl in black and green robes. had fallen wide open and she looked at the heavily smoking cauldron like she’d just seen a dragon.

 

‘What the hell happened here?’

 

Seulgi quickly wiped her tears and pretended to not have been crying, (she failed miserably).

 

‘I’m sorry,’ she whispered. ‘I was trying to brew a Wiggenweld potion, and then-’ she took a deep breath. ‘Then this happened.’

‘Don’t they teach that to first years?’

 

Seulgi bowed her head in shame and nodded.

 

‘What year are you in?’

 

‘fifth.’ She tried to whisper it as quiet as she could, but the girl heared it anyways. A soft chuckle was heard and Seulgi really wished the ground would swallow her then and there.

 

‘C’mon, let me help you.’

 

Her head whipped up at those words. The girl smiled at her and muttered a quick spell to clean the whole room. Seulgi would have never expected a pretty girl like her, a slytherin nonetheless, to offer to help someone like her.

 

She swallowed and wiped her tears again.

 

‘Thank you so much.’

 

‘It’s fine,’ the girl said while she took out her own cauldron, one that looked much better and much more expensive than hers. ‘Call me Joohyun.’

Seulgi nodded and sat down next to Joohyun. ‘I’m Seulgi,’ she said.

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Ofcourse she already knew where to find Wendy. At this sort of hour, there were only two options; the first, very unlikely, she had finally gotten a life and went to one of Hogwarts’ very secret student parties, or the second, more likely, the library.

 

She nodded at the librarian, trying to ignore the angry look Miss Kim sent back. Ever since she messed up a searching spell and burned an old copy of ‘the tales of beedle the bard’, the woman seemed to hold a serious dislike towards her.

 

Wendy was sitting at a table on the far end of the library, nose almost pushed into a book. The girl was so immerged in her book, that she only noticed Seulgi when she tapped on her shoulder.

 

Wendy shrieked, receiving a few angry looks from other students, and whispered an angry ‘You know I hate it when you do that.’

 

‘Sorry,’ Seulgi whispered back, ‘but I really need to talk to you.’ She took a lot at the book Wendy was reading. ‘What are you reading anyways?’

 

Wendy sighed and closed the huge book. ‘Just doing some research on Fire crabs, nothing important. What did you want to talk about?’

 

Seulgi smiled and sat down next to her friend. ‘So I was practising a few potions an’-

 

‘Seul,’ Wendy interrupted. ‘I told you to ask me for help. You’ll end up hurting yourself.’

 

‘I’ll keep it in mind, but listen now.’ She waited until the Ravenclaw nodded to move on with her story. ‘I was making the Wiggenweld potion, and it blew up. Again.’ She ignored Wendy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter