Joohyun watches a game of quidditch that has consequenses.

Of magic spells and love potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I. AM. SO. SORRY.

(Please don't kill me.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Irene.’

 

She turned around to find Jennie leaning against the doorpost, watching her like a hawk.

 

‘You’ve been sitting here for way too long, wanna go out?’

 

Joohyun dropped the bundle of letters into a drawer of her desk and groaned. She had indeed been sitting here for way too long, her back was sore and her felt as if she had been flying on a broomstick for over three hours.

 

‘Go out?’ she asked while stretching her back. ‘We’re in school.’

 

Jennie chuckled, tightening her tie a little bit more. ‘Taeyoung and I were planning to go watch this afternoon’s quidditch game.’

 

Normally, she wouldn’t think twice on an offer like that, but she still had a lot to do, so she sighed. ‘Isn’t it Hufflepuff against Ravenclaw today?’ She still had a lot to do, and this game probably wouldn’t be so interesting; Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw had never stood a chance against their team. Besides, Slytherin had brought home the cup the last three years, and she wasn’t planning on letting anyone take it from them this year.

 

‘Wasn’t it you who thaught me the importancy of knowing your enemies?’ Jennie left her position at the door, and walked towards her, ushering her away from her desk. ‘And to never underestimate them either?’

 

Joohyun sighed once. Jennie was, as usual, right. Those had been her exact words all those years ago, when her best friend joined the team. Now, because she was their captain, they held even more meaning. She stood up and put on a coat and her silver-green scarf.

 

Her friend squealed in delight and pulled her along, outside of their dorm. Like most other Saturday afternoons, the common room was empty, so she didn’t have to worry about anyone seeing their feared headgirl being dragged out of the room.

 

When they exited the common room and heared the distant noise of laughing students, Joohyun quickly pulled her arm back and straightened her robes. Jennie looked at her and giggled, she was rewarded with a blow to her shoulder from Joohyun.

 

It was almost October, and the temperatures had already dropped significantly. They both pulled their robes a little tighter around them when they exited the castle, and Joohyun was suddenly jealous of Jennie’s woolen mittens.

 

The stands were already filled with people from all houses, and they had to work their way through the mass of students, to get to Taeyoung, who had kept places for the both of them. Joohyun was surprised to find so many spectators, but the huge number of people that came to watch the game was probably due to the fact that it was the first game of the year and everyone had missed it.

 

They watched both teams take their positions and waited for the whistle to blow and the game to begin.

 

The Ravenclaw team clearly had the upper hand, they were already taking the lead after less than five minutes, but Joohyun couldn’t keep her eyes off of a certain Hufflepuff seeker. Henry Lau had been Hufflepuff’s seeker last year and, although he had done a good job, he had been no competition for Slytherin. This girl, although lacking some technique, seemed to have a natural talent. 

 

Joohyun couldn’t keep her eyes off of her. The way she handled her broom so smoothly, following the golden snitch’s sharp turns, as if it was as easy as walking. The way she seemed to always notice the snitch ten seconds before Ravenclaw’s seeker. The speed at which she chased the little ball; it all showed how effortlessly good this girl was.

 

Right now, the girl might still be fairly easily beaten, but once her technique was a bit refined and when she would have more experience, she’d be a force to be reckoned with.

 

‘Look at Hufflepuff’s number seven,’ Joohyun said to her friends. They both nodded, and it was only then Joohyun noticed how tense Taeyoung’s jaw was.

 

‘I’ve noticed,’ he said. ‘Jungkook will need to step up his game.’

 

Joohyun agreed. If this girl improved a lot, Hufflepuff might even have a chance to beat them. She sighed and prayed that the other idiots in the yellow team wouldn’t notice what a rough diamond they had in their mid.

 

It was no surprise when Hufflepuff’s seeker finally got the snitch and ended the match. Evaluating the game, she’d have to say Ravenclaw’s team really underestimated their opponents; only when the whistle blew, signalling the end of the match, all the blue players seemed to realize about Hufflepuff’s new seeker. None of the beaters had payed a lot of attention to her too, only aiming at Hufflepuff’s chasers.

 

Never underestimate your enemies. Joohyun swore she wouldn’t make the same mistakes in two weeks.

 

‘Kang Seulgi, Hufflepuff’s brand new seeker, has just caught the goldens snitch, hereby winning her first ever game!’

 

Only when those words resounded throughout the whole

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter