Two.

The Best Thing I Ever Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo

The day has finally come for them to meet. And she really made it their own debut date to commemorate the past memories they all made, to remember how they were once a family.

“CEO-nim, they’re here.” Jihyo immediately sat up straight as she smiled at Hyojin.

“Hyojinnie, I want you to promise something to me.” that surprised the teenage trainee.

“Uhh…sure, CEO-nim. What is it?” Jihyo opened her drawer and handed something to her…

“Promise me that you’ll always treat your members as family even though you’ll be away when the time comes.” Hyojin stared at Jihyo then at the photo frame in her hand…

It was the picture of TWICE when they first got their rookie of the year award. The side of the frame was worn down, a sign that it was from a few years ago and Jihyo still kept it.

“I promise, Jihyo unnie.” that got the CEO to smile as she nodded her head in approval.

“Have I told you that you remind me the younger version of myself?” Hyojin nodded. “Yeah, cause you really do. I’m sure your team will get far, I’ll be supporting you on your way.”

Before Hyojin could say her thanks, a knock on the door was heard. The trainee gave her CEO a pat in the shoulder before excusing herself and letting the former TWICE members in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon and Jeongyeon

Jeongyeon cursed her luck that the first former groupmate she would see is the one she wished she would saw last. Standing infront of her right now is Im Nayeon.

“Hey, Jeong.” the older girl greeted. “Took you long enough to arrive from Busan to Seoul.”

“Yeah, Jimin’s car broke down on the way so we had to stop in a repair shop…”

“Oh, he came with you.” it wasn’t a question, but Jeongyeon nodded. “That’s great, he’s still sweet. Uhm…how are the two of you, by the way? Still going strong together?”

“You could say that…” the younger girl faked a chuckle. “How about you and Mark oppa?”

“Uhh…yeah, we’re good.” Nayeon lied. “He’d been away for the company, but we’re fine…”

 

But the truth is, Mark had been away to finalize their divorce papers…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina and Momo

Momo walked out of the arrival area and sneakily walked out of the airport without causing any attention. Luckily, someone else is causing it. Curiosity took over her so she took a peek. And she really shouldn’t have…because her eyes met with the famous dance instructor…

“Momo.” Mina whispered under her breath, at the same time Momo whispered her name…

Mina immediately excused herself from the paparazzi and started making her way towards Momo. But before she could, the older girl ran out of the airport and started hailing a cab.

“Momoring.” but she was too late, Mina was already behind her before she could escape…

“Heyyy, Mitang.” cue the awkward laugh. “You just came back now, huh? Coincidence.”

“Let’s talk in the cab.” Mina gently pushed her inside the cab and tell the driver to head towards the JYP Entertainment Building before facing Momo. “Did you ignored me earlier?”

“What?! NO! I was…I didn’t see you, that’s all. Sorry.”

“You didn’t see me? Really? Our eyes just met.”

“I…yeah, I ignored you. I’m really sorry.”

“Is this because of my decision again?” Momo snapped her head towards Mina and actually glared at the younger girl. “What? It’s true, isn’t it? After all these years, you’re still mad.”

“We agreed not to bring that topic anymore, so shut the hell up.” and Mina did…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sana and Tzuyu

Tzuyu stood infront of the JYP Building when a hand covered her eyes. It’s been years since this happened, but she knew exactly how this hand belongs to even without turning around.

“Aren’t you afraid Eunha unnie will be jealous?” Tzuyu asked and Sana immediately let go.

“Sorry, I just saw you being defenseless and couldn’t help myself to tease you.”

“Yeah, I figured.” Tzuyu said nonchalantly with a shrug, she’s already used to the older girl surprising her whenever she has a chance to. It happens a lot…well, it happens a lot before.

“Anyways, who’d you go home with? I don’t see any Chong Ting-yan around.”

“Oh, we broke up.” she never was good at lying when it comes to Sana…

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Tzuyu just wave her hand in dismissal.

“It’s fine, I’ve always know she’d go back to Yeeun unnie. She was clearly still inlove with her even though they went different ways.” she chuckled. “She’s her first love, after all.”

Sana should be happy at the implication behind Tzuyu’s words but instead, she felt hurt. The pain in the younger girl’s eyes slice wounds in her own heart, knowing she caused it.

“You know what they say…” Tzuyu faced her with a soft smile. “…first love never dies.”

“Tzuyu--”

“Congratulations.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“For your engagement with Eunha unnie, I never got to say it to you before.” Sana gave a smile, even though it was clearly a fake one. “I hope you two have a happy married life…”

And Sana didn’t have it in her to tell Tzuyu that they already called the engagement off…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun and Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung looked up when she heard the door of her music studio being opened and even though she expected it, she was still surprised. Right infront of her is Kim Dahyun herself…

“Hey. I thought I’d swing by your own office before going to Jihyo unnie’s.”

“Oh, okay. Uhh, have a seat.” Chaeyoung pointed the empty seat infront of her.

“I’m sure you have an idea why Jihyo unnie suddenly called us out of nowhere, care to tell me what it is?” instead of answering, the music producer just the song she made.

The christmas-like tone bring warmth to Dahyun’s heart, it was a nice tone. However felt hurt as she listens more, and she realize Chaeyoung must been too when she’s creating it…

“Let me guess, we’ll do the demo for this.”

“We’re debuting a nine-member girl group, so yeah.”

“Figures.” Dahyun chuckled. “It’s amazing, by the way. It’s already great even without lyrics, I can’t wait to hear the whole song. You’re doing something big, I’m proud of you…”

“Yeah, thanks.” Chaeyoung felt the awkwardness creeping in… “So, how are you doing?”

“Oh, just the usual. Publishing some books and editing some, writing when I have time…”

“That’s great. You’re doing great on your own too.” they shared a small smile, remembering the past when they were talking about their dreams. Where they promised-- “Shall we go?”

“Yeah, the others are probably waiting for us in the CEO’s office.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihyo

The CEO couldn’t help but smile seeing the familiar faces she used to seeing for the past ten years before. Before she knew it, she’s started tearing up. She had always been a crybaby.

“Aish, here we go again.” Chaeyoung murmured. “We don’t have all day, boss.”

“Let her be emotional for a second, Chae. It’s been awhile since we’ve all gathered.”

“I still have lots of works to do, Dahyun unnie. If you let her, we’ll be here till tomorrow”

“Alright, I’m stopping now.” Jihyo wiped her tears grumpily. “By the way, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter