Just This Once

Just This Once

 

Part Four


Continuation of flashback



"Ani. In fact, our management already agreed of our relationship ma'am. They were the ones who even wanted to make this public." He answered, sincerity on his voice.

"How much do you love our daughter Lee Donghae-ssi?" Her dad asked, manly looking at Donghae straight in the eyes.

"I'm willing to give up everything for her sir. Even my career, if it's the only way that you would let us stay together." He answered, not breaking the eye contact with the old man. In a snap of a finger, the atmosphere suddenly changed as a smile crossed Mr. Jung's lips.


Phase one out of numerous more, passed.


Their love story went on, their relationship getting stronger than ever. But during their fourth year of being together, everything started.

A lot of rumors, Donghae and her breaking up had been on the internet. The same issue went on for a while. The reason of such issue to erupt? Donghae, seen with a girl group member having coffee. That caused a lot of break up speculations that hurt her so bad.

Donghae would just answer her with a "It's nonsense babe. Why waste your time with those kind of issues?". But that wasn't what she wanted to hear. She wanted to hear him assure her that she's the only one for her, and there's no one else.

"Yeah. I'll try later. Of course. That'll be fine. Don't worry." Hye Rin just watched as her boyfriend talk energetically to his 'friend' on the phone as they were eating dinner at her apartment. He'd been like that for a few weeks already. He barely even lend her his phone which is unusual for him.

Losing her appetite, she got up with her plate and shoved it inside the dish washer, closing the machine door harder than supposed to be. The noise caused Donghae to look at her with confusion which she answered with a shrug and left him there.

She settled herself in front of the tv, being followed by Donghae after a few moments.

"What was that all about back there?" He asked, sitting next to her.

"Mollayo." She answered curtly, focusing her eyes on the tv.

"Babe." He groaned, putting his hand around her but she dodged it away.

"Give me your phone." She ordered him, earning a what from him. "Just give me." She firmly repeated.

"Wae? You won't find anything there."

"Wae? Is it wrong now to check on my boyfriend's phone?" She asked, putting emphasize on the word 'boyfriend'.

"Hye Rin, seriously. You won't find any-" But even before he could continue, Hye Rin had her phone fish out from her pocket and shoving it to him.

"You told me you were busy the other day because of training but why were you with Jessica and Jaejoong oppa? Clubbing?!" She asked, her voice getting louder that usual.

"B-Babe." He stared back at her after looking at her cellphone, where a picture of him dancing with Jessica was being flashed.

"Why now Donghae? Why do things like this when we're already on our fourth year of being together?!" She shot at him, giving him a pointed look. "Why won't you let me hold your phone anymore? Wae? Because you're afraid I might read her messages, obviously flirting with you? Huh?" She added.

She just felt hot liquid, trailing on her cheeks. She angrily wiped them away, trying to look strong in front of him. That was the first time she snapped out like that. And it surprised Donghae also.

"Baby, I'm sorry." He managed to say, trying to hold her hand but she dodged it away and got up. 

"Please. Just leave for now Donghae. Please." She begged him, avoiding his eyes.

He left her crying. For days, he haven't heard anything from her. Only from his hyungs he got updates about her. And as expected, his hyungs had did their lessons on him. He got an earful of scolding from their leader and the others.

"Apologize to her Lee Donghae. If this week would pass and you haven't make it up to her yet, mark my words. I won't let you get away. I'm gonna beat the crap out of you." His Heechul hyung threatened him before leaving them on the kitchen where they were gathered after a dinner.

"What are you doing here?" Hye Rin asked as soon as she opened the door, revealing Donghae outside her apartment. "W-what happened to you?" She automatically asked when she saw the bruise on his lips, her voice clouded with concern.

"It's nothing." He answered, a small smile on his lips. He motioned the way inside and she quickly stepped aside to let him in. As they got inside the living room area, silence ate them up. Donghae noticed how Hye Rin lost some weight and her eyes, looked restless and weary. And he mentally blamed himself for that.

"I'll, uh, just get the first aid kit." She hesitantly got up and left him waiting there. 

As she was looking for the kit inside the cupboards in the kitchen, she jumped a little, feeling Donghae's arms snake its way around her waist. The feeling of his breath on her skin brought shivers to her spine. Feeling his body close to her again, gave her the comfort she haven't felt for the last few days.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He sincerely said, pulling her body closer to him.

Just by his simple words, she lost her defense and gave in. She loved Donghae too much that she can't really resist him for long. The sleepless nights and her tears seemed to be nothing anymore when she heard his apologies. 

That's how much she loved Donghae. 


But that wasn't the only one. Donghae might distanced himself from other girls but other matters didn't keep them from fighting anymore. But for the sake of their now going five year relationship, Hye Rin endured everything. She kept her real feelings hidden and only showed her happy side.

"Oh. Hye Rin-ah. What brought you here at this hour?" Shindong asked in surprise when he opened the door to let Hye Rin in.

"Ah. I'm here to surprise Donghae. Is he still awake? It's our fifth anniversary today oppa. But since you had schedule earlier, we weren't able to celebrate." She answered as she stepped inside following Shindong.

"Neh. I already greeted you right?" Shindong replied, helping her with the bags on her hands containing the food she prepared.

"Yeah. Oh, you guys are still up." She said when they finally entered the living room where half of the group were watching tv, consisting of the three elders, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae.

"Oh~. Hye Rin ah! Hello!!" Heechul greeted her excitedly with a hug as soon as he saw her.

"Annyeong oppa. I'm glad your still up." She said, with the same excitement on her voice.

"Celebration for your anniversary eh?" Leeteuk asked, giving her a hug also.

"Neh. I prepared all of his favorites oppa. You think he'll like it oppa?" 

"Of course. Go wake him up, we'll prepare this for you." Hankyung volunteered, pushing her towards the direction of Donghae's room.

She quietly entered the room, careful not to wake the sleeping Donghae. He looked peaceful, at the same time, tired. She smiled at the sight of her boyfriend.

"Baby. Wake up." She gently shook him, but got no response other than a quiet groan. She tried shaking him again but still the same. 

After numerous attempts, she gave up. Before leaving the room, she gave him a kiss on the forehead and mumbled a quiet I love you. And she didn't forget to place her gift for him on top of his night table.

"He's knocked out. Guess I'll just let him sleep." There was a hint of sadness on her voice that made the members feel sorry.

"Are you okay Hye Rin-ah?" Heechul asked as they walked her out to the door after she decided to just go home and rest. After all, Donghae, the reason why she was there on the first place was asleep.

"Neh. I'm okay oppa. Don't worry. I hope you'll enjoy the food I brought though." She assured them before bidding her goodbye.


When Donghae woke up the next morning, he thought he had the sweetest dream ever. Hye Rin kissing him and greeting him a 'happy anniversary'. After all, it was their fifth anniversary the other day. But they didn't have the chance to celebrate because of their busy schedule.

"Oh. What's this?" He muttered to his self, taking the small wrapped box on his night table. He examined it, and brought it with him as he headed to the kitchen.

"Hyung, who-" He stopped his sentence seeing the familiar thermos and food containers on their dining table. "Those are Hye Rin's. Is she here?" He asked, roaming his eyes around the kitchen.

"Hye Rin was here last night at 1AM hyung. She brought all of these to celebrate your anniversary but you were asleep." Ryeowook answered, motioning at the foods on the table.

"Huh? But why did-" Realizing everything, he scratched his head. "Aish. Pabo. I knew it wasn't just a dream." He sighed, sitting on a chair.

"Yah! Lee Donghae! Get your lazy out of here and make it up to Hye Rin! Ppali~! The girl was here at midnight but you ignored her! It was even your anniversary!" He flinched, hearing his Heechul hyung scold him. He obediently nodded, not saying anything.


He made it up with her, their anniversary. After that, another whirl wind of problems arose for the both of them that brought them, or as Hye Rin can see, only for her.