Just This Once

Just This Once

Part One


"Yah! Lee Donghae! Will you just focus for one minute?! Just ONE MINUTE!" Donghae flinced upon hearing the loud voice of his Heechul hyung, echoing inside the huge dance studio.

"Mianhae hyung." He apologized, his head bowed down. He's not really in the mood to practice, let alone move and get out of his bed. But he have to. Or else, he'll get more scoldings from his hyungs.

"From the top." Eunhyuk instructed, leading the group for their dance routine. The intro of Mr. Simple aired and their bodies started to sway along it. He shook his head a bit, focusing his mind on the dance. s moved along perfectly, their moves synchronized with each other.

"That's better." Heechul muttered under his breath, addressing to him after the song finished. That was their tenth try and the previous ones where a mess because of him. 

He actually feels bad for . Because of his personal problems, their group had to extend their practice time. He knew how tired the others are because of their individual schedules. And he really feels sorry.

"I'm really sorry hyungs." He bowed 90 degrees, standing in the middle of the dance room, facing s. He knew he's needed to apologize. The whole group is affected by his own problem which isn't supposed to happen.

"Yah. Get up you rascal. That's not necessary." His Heechul hyung said, walking up to him, and placed his hand on his shoulder to straighten him up. But he didn't move, even an inch.

"Ani. I'm really sorry." He said, chewing on his bottom lip to fight back his tears from falling. He really shouldn't burden s with his love problems.

Without any warning, he just felt being straighten up and embraced by someone. Just by his scent, he knew its already his Heechul hyung. Though his hyung might seem a little frank and aloof from fans, he cares for his dongsaengs more than anyone else. 

"We know what you're going through Donghae-ah. We know. And you don't have to apologize. We understand you." Heechul said, ruffling his hair. In a few seconds, his other members joined in the hug, saying the same exact comforting words for him. And he couldn't feel any grateful, causing his tears to finally fall.

"You really shouldn't hang often with your Hankyung hyung and Leeteuk hyung. You're being like them, hiding your burdens from us." Siwon said, patting his back. He wiped off his tears, giving his hyungs and members a small smile.

"Yah. We're not like that." Hankyung protested.

"Says who?" Heechul answered, widening his eyes at him.

"Thank you hyungs." He quietly said, earning smiles from the whole group.

"You should've just opened with us hyung. We're your members right? We're brothers here and we're supposed to help each other." Ryeowook hyung reminded him, earning approvals from the others. 

He haven't told anyone from his group. Not even Hyukjae. And that puzzles him how they found out.

"How did you guys know about it?" He asked, his voice unusually quiet. All of them were spread out on the floor, forming a circle.

"Hye Rin. She told me." Eunhyuk voiced out, fidgeting with his fingers. He should've thought of that. Being with her for five years, she also grew close to s. She was their sister. And she often runs to them, telling them her complaints about him.

"Cause I asked her why you barely eat for the past days. I asked her if something happened. And then she told me about the." Eunhyuk trailed off, hesitating if he should continue. 

"Break up." He decided to add, his voice, almost a whisper. "Did she.. tell you if she's okay?" He asked next. He tried calling her, sending her text messages but she won't answer. He doesn't have any news about her anymore. He was used to reading her messages, every morning saying her greetings, every meal time, reminding him to eat properly, every night, saying her nightly greeting rituals, and most of all, he misses her 'i love you'. And her voice.

Eunhyuk just shook his head, still looking on his fingers as if its the most accurate thing to look at at such situation.

"Don't worry. She's doing fine Donghae-ah. As soon as Eunhyuk told us what happened, I've checked on her." He gave his Leeteuk hyung a faint smile, thanking him.

Hearing that she's okay brought him a stirr of emotions. He's happy and at the same time, feeling bad. Without him, she can already live on her own. It looked as if she doesn't need him anymore. And that pains him.

"Everything will be fine hyung. For sure." Kyuhyun comforted him, as they were already piled inside the coaster that would drive them home. He nodded to his dongsaeng, who chose to leave him alone.

Being alone, it gave his mind time to trail back on the past. The past that he spent with Hye Rin. Everything felt like it was just yesterday when he first met her.


Flashback

The Super Junior is already making their name worldwide. Their single U had topped a lot of charts, and after that, their name had been everywhere. The number of their fans increased and their popularity, getting to its maximum level.

"Yah. Donghae-ah. There's a fan who wants to ask for your autograph. Pay attention." Donghae's Leeteuk hyung, the group's leader, scolded him in a quiet voice. Right in front of him was a girl, clutching a what seem like cd close to her chest as she was bowed down.

"Oh. Mianhae hyung." He apologized and turned to her. "Annyeong haseyo." He greeted cheerfully, earning a wide eyed look from the girl. Which turned out to be the prettiest face he had ever seen his entire life. His eyes was glued to her face for a bit, attraction to her quickly eating him up.

"Annyeong haseyo Donghae oppa." The girl greeted back, rather shy as she hands him the CD she wanted to be signed by him.

"Am I your bias?" He bravely asked, the girl smiling at his question.

"Neh. Ever since your Miracle days, I already like you oppa. Oppa is a great dancer and an amazing singer too." She answered, looking proud of herself, saying out loud her thoughts about him.