Just This Once

Just This Once

Continuation of flashback

 

 

Part Three


The next thing she knew was Donghae's lips, on hers. His soft and warm lips, claiming hers. Automatically, her eyes closed, savoring the sweet moment. Her hands wrapped itself around Donghae's neck, while his arms pulled her closer to her.

"O-Oppa~." She managed to say, after breaking the kiss. Donghae was looking at her, his eyes mirrors a lot of emotions.

"I love you Jung Hye Rin. Not just simple like, attraction. But I'm sure of what I feel. I'm in love with you. When I told you I like you, it wasn't any simple attraction. I knew it, from the very start that I'll fall in love with you. And here I am, already head over heels for you." He confessed bravely, his eyes looking straight at her.

"Please answer me Hye Rin, I wanna know how you feel for me. I just, I'll accept whatever you'll say. Just give me an answer. So, I'll know if-" She cut his words off by kissing him once again. She felt him smile against her lips, making her giggle also.

"Will that be enough answer for you?" She asked, her eyes twinkling because of happiness. 

"Ani. I wanna hear the words from you." He answered, matching her smile.

"I love you." She whispered, biting her lower lip after as her cheeks turned into a deep shade of red. Donghae chuckled at such cute sight, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Be my girlfriend Jung Hye Rin." He told her, hope filling his eyes. 

"I would be honored Lee Donghae-ssi." Hye Rin answered, her eyes smiling along with her lips.


The first few weeks were easy for them. But when issues started to spread, about that their relationship, that scared Hye Rin. She's the type of person who badly hates attention. She's not really a socialite and afraid of being center of attention.

"Hye Rin, please. What's wrong?" Donghae pleaded her to answer as they were inside Hye Rin's apartment. Donghae just finished a schedule and headed there right after. Another article about him dating a non showbiz girl had been spreading on the internet again,

"There's another article about us on the internet oppa. They might found out who I am. And you know that would just bring us trouble both." She answered, her eyes b with tears.

"Baby. The management already gave me their blessings about us. They agreed already. We won't have any problem if ever I announce to the public that we're in a relationship." He defended, holding her hand.

"But what about me? They'll know who I am. There's a lot of fans who might not agree. You know what I'm scared of Donghae." She said, looking away from him.

"I know you're scared that if ever your identity will be revealed, fans are gonna mob you, hate you. But that's why I'm here, right? To protect you. Hye Ri-"

"Then what about your fans Donghae?"

"Please Hye Rin. Don't do this. Don't just give up on us because of this. You know I love you." He said, as he lifted her chin so just she would look at him. He can see fear in her eyes and that hurts him. He loved Hye Rin and one thing he hates, is to see her in that situation.

She sighed, his arms automatically wrapping around her. She buried her face on his chest, inhaling his manly yet sweet scent she loved and that calmed her down a bit. 

"I'm gonna ask the management if I can already announce our relationship to the public. But I won't reveal you baby. We'll keep your identity hidden. Will that be fine?" 

"Arasso."



A year had almost passed by, Hye Rin's identity still kept as a hidden secret to Super Junior's fans and media. Donghae, and Hye Rin herself became cautious and did their best to keep their relationship private.

"Happy Anniversary baby." Donghae greeted Hye Rin on the phone, as soon as he heard her sleepy voice on the other line.

"Baby! Happy anniversary too." She replied, smiling.

"Wanna have a peek on my gift?" He asked excitedly.

"Err. This early?" She asked, glancing on the digital clock beside her bed which says 05:38AM.

"Yeah. Get your lazy out of bed baby. Come on." He said, laughing that made Hye Rin laugh also. In the end, she found herself dragging her body out of her bed and heading to the living room.

When she opened her bedroom door, the trail of white rose petals greeted her. She followed the trail which brought her to the main living room where more white roses welcomed her eyes. 

"Oppa~" She whispered on her phone, only to realize that Donghae had hung up already.

"Happy anniversary Hye Rin-ah." She turned around and saw Donghae standing a few meters behind her holding a bouquet of white tulips on his hand and a red heart balloon on the other.

Her eyes started getting blurry because of tears, as she brought her hand to cover before a gasp escaped her lips. Never in her life she had thought this would happen to her. Everything feels like she's in a fairy tale and Donghae being her perfect prince.

Or at least, she thought.



Months passed by, their relationship being a roller coaster ride for the both of them. Especially when Hye Rin's identity was revealed by fans who eagerly followed Donghae's every move. Hye Rin just woke up one day, a lot of anti and pro letters slipped on her mail box. She and Donghae, along with the whole group of Super Junior, were thankful that Fraser Suites' security is tight that no one can just barge in without her permission.

But that didn't stop the fans. They were able to dig information about her, using her school to have acess on her. She just found herself being mobbed by fans one afternoon, right after she left her department building. Thanks to the university guards, she was escorted to her car safely.

The same went on for weeks, stressing her out even more. And that triggered fights between her and Donghae.

"Donghae! I'm tired of this! I don't know if I can still keep up with this." She sadly said, turning her back on him. She didn't want him to see her tears for the umpteenth time.

"Baby, please. We can get through this. They don't matter okay? What matters here is you and me. Not them." Donghae pleaded, hugging her from behind. He buried his face on her hair, hugging her tighter.

"It's just really hard. I know you understand me." She replied.

"Don't easily give up just because of this baby. Look at Nari and Shindong hyung. They're together from the start and until now. We can also be like them, right?"

"But me and Nari unnie aren't the same. I don't know if I can still tolerate things like what your fans are doing." She sighed, resting her body against his. In response, he gently squeezed her hands he's holding.

"I know you're strong Hye Rin-ah. I know you can. For me. Please?" He asked hopefully. 

A minute of silence passed by them, Donghae hugging Hye Rin tight.

"You're lucky I love you Lee Donghae." She answered, a hint of smile on her lips.

"I know." He replied, his joy can't be measured.


And she thought that was the toughest stage of their relationship already. What she don't know was there's a lot more in store for them. And one of those were her parents.

"Oh. Mom, dad! You're home." She exclaimed in surprise when she saw her parents waiting patienly for her inside the living room. She gave each of them a peck on the cheek, not taking notice of their cold eyes on her.

"Are you here for some business trip dad?"

"Who is he Yelena?" Her mom asked, calling her by her english name. Her parents would only use her name Yelena at times when they're really mad. Just like then, as they were asking about Donghae.

"Mom." 

"We've seen a lot about this Yelena. Are you crazy? Dating some artist?" Her mom shot at her, making her flinch.

"Ma, let me explain please. Donghae is different. He's not like any of those artist you think. He's plain and simple, normal just like me." She defended, looking intently at her parents.

"How can you be so sure of that?" Her dad seriously asked, his gaze never leaving her.

"We've been for almost two years now dad." She confessed, bowing her head.

"Ssesang-eh Yelena! You kept everything from us for almost two years now?!" Her mother, fluently speaking in English because of surprise.

"I'm sorry ma. But I assure you, Donghae isn't what you think. He's a good guy. Dad, I swear." She spoke, her eyes fixed on her father.

"We want to meet him. Tonight." And with that, her parents left her without even giving her the chance to explain anymore. She had no choice already, she had to bring Donghae to them and formally introduce him.


"Why do I feel like I'll be burn alive in a few minutes babe?" Donghae jokingly asked her, probably trying to ease her nervousness. They were currently inside his car, parked at the front lawn of the Jung mansion.

"Yah. Babe. Don't be like that. Aish. Just be yourself okay? Don't let dad-" 

"Ssssh. Stop it baby." He said, placing a finger on her lips to stop her. He just smiled, gently touching her cheek.

"Arasso. Come on. They're probably waiting for us already." She replied, before getting out of his car.

They got inside the mansion, a butler leading them to the dining area. The atmosphere was quite awkward, even as they started the dinner.

"You're an artist, am I right?" Hye Rin's dad started, not even throwing a glance at Donghae.

"Neh. I am sir." He replied politely.

"What made you think you're a good match for our daughter? Being in a relationship, won't that be a threat to your career?" Her mom asked with no hesitation on her face.