Just This Once

Just This Once

Continuation of flashback


And the said encounter made her unforgettable for Donghae. He would always search for her face during live performances, luck always with his side. As far as he could remember, she only missed one show. Yes. He's really keeping everything in mind that has something to do with Hye Rin. His smile was so bright the whole day when she gave him his name.

"It's really like love at first sight hyung. Not just because she's pretty. But there's something in her that badly made me get attracted to her." He told his Hankyung hyung, as the two of them were having a drink at their dorm. The other members were asleep already, probably tired because of their schedules.

"Well, all you know about her is her name. How can you make use of that?" Hankyung asked, looking at his dongsaeng intently. Donghae is probably one of the most romantic person he knows. And he has no doubt that this guy, in front of him, would do anything just to take out the Hye Rin girl on a date.

"Search for her. Everywhere." The younger male answered, a victorious smile playing on his lips.

"Yah. You already know something. Your smile is different Donghae-ah." He accused, his eyes widening a bit.

"Arasso. I did. She's a university student at Seoul National University, first year college. College of Business Administration. Jung Hye Rin, 19 years old. Residing in Fraser Suites, Insadong, Seoul." He stated, his hyung eyeing on him with a surprise look. "I know hyung. I had the same reaction when I found out." He added.

"Wow. She's rich huh?" He asked, still surprised.

"Neh. She's graduate from a prestigious prep school in New York. Her dad is a business magnate all around Asia and America. Wow. Really." Donghae continued, shaking his head in disbelief. He still can't imagine how rich the girl he likes is.

"Okay. Stop right there. She's rich. Period. Your plan. Let's get back to your plan. You already know things about her, what are you gonna do now?" His hyung asked, getting back to their main purpose why they're talking about her.

"It's about time an idol try the word stalking." He asnwered, smiling like an angel.

After that night, Donghae really did the stalking he said. One afternoon, when they had a free day, he decided to start.

With a bunch of white roses in his hands, and courage of course, he drove to the Fraser suites, heading up to their penthouse. It wasn't like any other penthouse. There was still an apartment door to knock on which where he nervously gave a few knocks.

For about of minute of waiting, the door finally opened, Hye Rin looking surprised to see her unexpected visitor.

"Oh. Lee Donghae oppa." Her eyes, wide in surprise as she does a quick 90 degree bow. "What, uh, brings you here?" She asked next.

"Wouldn't you ask how I know that you live here?" He asked back, smiling at the shy girl infront of him.

"Err. W-well, yeah. I'm curioused about that. Omo. Forgive me for my manners. Uh, come on in." She invited, widening the door for him so he could get in. After he carefully placed his shoes on the rack, he followed her inside to the eleganta and huge living room.

"Uh, have a seat. I'll get you something to drink." She said before disappearing in front of him. Her absence gave him time to look around. On a side of the room was a book shelf, where few pictures of Hye Rin were displayed. From her childhood upto her high school days. He can't help but admire her beauty even more.

"Uh, what really brought you here oppa? And how did you find out I live here? Is there any special shows for you? Where are the PD directors?" Donghae stared at her, a smile playing on his lips as he listened to her question.

"Ani. I'm just here to visit you." He answered boldly, leaving the girl's eyes widened as she stares back at him.

"M-me?" She stummered, feeling like she heard wrong. But Donghae just nodded his head and handed the bouquet of flowers to her.

"I hope you like white roses. The flower shop ahjumma said that these are freshly picked just this early morning." 

"Uh, thank you oppa. But, what are these for?" She asked again, taking the flowers from him.

"I, uh, wanted to ask if you want to go out on a date with me?" His question made Hye Rin stare at him with wide eyes for the nth time, that day. He was silently hoping that she wouldn't decline which happened, making him smile of glee.



Their first date, happened to be in a very secluded restaurant that Donghae, with the help of s, be closed just for that night. And that was the start of their numerous lunch dates, coffee dates, dinner dates and even movie dates. And Hye Rin had always been present in every show they're in such as fan meetings, showcases, and music program appearances. 

Because of their constant dates, it gave Donghae more reason to fall in love with Hye Rin, the same thing for her also. She was just a simple fan after all, getting noticed by Donghae.

"Uh, what are we doing here oppa?" He asked her not to change his nickname which she hesitantly obliged. She felt a bit uncomfortable with it at the first few dates, but get used to it all along. 

"You've been to almost of our shows but you haven't met Super Junior officially. So, I thought maybe this night will be a good timing." They were currently inside the elevator that would bring them to the Super Junior's dorm. 

Just by thinking of meeting the whole group, made her feel uncomfortable. Even though she's a fan, she still feels nervous of meeting them face to face, over dinner.

"Hey. What's wrong? You seemed uncomfortable?" Donghae asked her, as they got out of the elevator car finally. 

"Nothing. Just, a bit nervous." She answered, shaking her head a little bit. Donghae just smiled and took her hand in his. She wasn't surprised at all at his actions. It wasn't the first time he held her hand after all.

"Oh! Donghae-ah!" The leader's voice erupted as soon as Donghae and Hye Rin entered the apartment, hand in hand.

"Hye Rin-ssi!" Heechul exclaimed after seeing them, throwing Donghae aside and taking her hand instead. The next thing she knew was she's already dragged by Heechul inside the living room, sitting her down on the couch next to him.

"Finally! Donghae had thought of bringing you here. I've been dying to ask you questions! Has Donghae already asked you to be his girlfriend? Have you two kissed already? Where? When? How did it go?!" The questions made Hye Rin blushed so hard, making the boys around her laugh. Donghae on the other hand, came in running, taking her hand and pushing his hyung just like what he did earlier.

"Yah! Hyung! I didn't bring Hye Rin here to be bombarded by your questions." He scolded his hyung, giving Hye Rin an apologetic glance.

"Ani. It's, uh, okay." She squeaked from behind, smiling a little at the boys.

"Mianhaeyo Hye Rin-ssi. Your Heechul oppa got so excited. Our apologies." Leeteuk said bowing.

"Ani. Ani. It's really okay oppa. You shouldn't do that." She replied, a bit embarassed. Leeteuk on the other hand, just smiled at her, his dimple showing.

"Let me introduce you formally, okay?" Leeteuk smiled, the boys lining up behind him in a straight manner.

"I'm Super Junior's leader, Park Jungsoo, but you can call me Leeteuk oppa." He introduced first, bowing politely. He introduced the members one by one next.

"It's nice to meet you all oppas. Jung Hye Rin imnida." She greeted them and did a formal bow.

"Have a sit Hye Rin-ssi. I'm really sorry for acting like a lunatic a while ago." Heechul apologized, taking her to the couch.

"Make yourself comfortable Hye Rin. I'll just help Wookie inside the kitchen." With a smile, Donghae left her with Heechul, Kibum and Kyuhyun. He totally forgot that the three guys with Hye Rin are known for their evilness.

"Do you like Donghae hyung, Hye Rin-ssi? Because he likes you. A lot." Kibum started, grinning from ear to ear.

"Huh? Uh," She doesn't know how to answer such question. Of course she likes Donghae, he's her number one bias. And with all those dates, she totally fell for him.

"He's actually, madly, in love with you Hye Rin-ah. That's why he randomly showed up outside your place. And the reason why he often asks you out on dates. Don't you notice?" Heechul asked next, his eyes staring at her intently, waiting for an answer.

"I-I do. But, why me?" She asked back, confusion eatin her mind.

"Only Donghae can answer that. But I'm sure, he also won't be able to tell you. It's like this Hye Rin-ah, why is the sky blue? Why is the ocean blue? Why is there such thing as traffic? As rain?" Kyuhyun's answer just confused her even more, Heechul giving the maknae a smack on his head.

"Don't worry Hye Rin-ah, we all know how Donghae can get so serious with a girl. And he is serious with you. He wouldn't surely do anything that can hurt you." Heechul assured her, making her smile a little bit. Of course she's aware of what Donghae feels for her. He had told her already, but she still can't decide of what should happen to them.


"Hye Rin-ah." Donghae called out her name as they were standing outside her apartment door. The dinner at the Super Junior was a successful one, Hye Rin already getting comfortable with the other members, as well as they are comfortable with her.

"Neh oppa?" She asked as she turned to him. She was about to open the door already but Donghae's stare stopped her from moving. His eyes glued her to her spot, unable to move anymore. 

His face grew closer to hers, only a few inches apart. That she can already feel his lips on her, his hot breathe and his heart beating. 

"Don't move." He whispered, his voice deep and husky, like it has enchantment that it feels so hypnotizing.