The Feelings 2

Calm Ocean and a Bright Star

"Hmm.. are you gonna give up then?"

Wendy shrugged.

"Maybe..."

Wendy looked unsure.

Sooyoung glance at Irene's direction and she find her already leaving in a fast pace. 

"Maybe I would set some distance and stop giving her gifts, but I still not giving up, Sooyoung. Maybe she don't like to be showered with gifts... I could always love her from afar, you know?"

Wendy smiles brightly, face lights up with new hopes.


-

It's been 2 months since Irene see Wendy. She has been avoiding her and stop giving her gifts. Even she stop to write letters for Irene.

Yes, Wendy wrote letters too.

She slipped it to Irene's locker or straight to her backpack sometimes.

Some were full page letter while the other just a simple sentences or even doodles.

And Irene keep all of it.

She loves the way Wendy care about her, the way she show her love. She loves her letters more than her gifts, it makes her feel loved.

Irene sigh heavily.

Since that day and her last rejection, her mind have been a mess.

She should have realize sooner, that she likes Wendy too.

Now, her head is full of Wendy.

She's kinda regret her action that time.

And Wendy avoiding her makes her days worsen.

The news that the school's sweetheart being rejected again and cry heavily spread to the whole school the day after. 

Irene's admirer have been increasing since then.

But no one could make her heart flutter like Wendy does.

She would lost her focus if Wendy doesn't show up for a day. 

She wants to tell Wendy the truth but she's a coward.

She affraid that Wendy would leave her just like what her ex did.

But right now,

She wish she could take back her words and hug the hamster instead.

-

Irene is currently sitting at the canteen with her beloved bestfriend Seulgi.

Seulgi is busy munching her food while Irene is spacing out for the umpteenth times that day.

Seulgi looked at Irene confusedly and frowns.

"You are so dumb, you know that?"

"Huh?"

"You said that you like Wendy and miss her and regretting the fact that you have been rejecting her all this time right?"

"What are you imply sseul?"

Irene finally get her focus on Seulgi.

"Try to not spacing out and look around, you can thank me later" Seulgi said with a knowing smile as she notice a familiar figure around the corner.

"Huh?" Irene is confused but she shrugged it off.

-

It's been three days since they have that talk, and Irene does try to lessen up her spacing out.

She did notice something odd.

Sometimes she would sense that someone is stalking her but somehow she feels... safe.

She usually think that it is just one of her hardcore admirer, untill today.

Today's weather is not nice, looked like it would be raining soon.

As soon as the bell rang Irene dash out to her locker to store some books before run back home because she didn't bring her umbrella.

She stop right in front of her locker with a frown. There's a black umbrella hanging on the locker's handle. She take it and checked the thing.

The universe must be play with her that time because the rain is already pouring, the students burst out of the school wanting to be home as soon as posible.

Irene focused on the umbrella and checked further until she sees the letter 'SS' on the handle.

Then it hits her, hard.

It's Wendy's.

She's very familiar of it because it was the initial on all the letters that Wendy gave her.

She looks around but see no one since almost all of the students have already on their way home with or without umbrella.

She bites her lower lip and looked at her feet, gripped on the umbrella tightly.

'Why I don't realize this sooner?'

She gatered her thoughts and walks to the schools front slowly while looking around, hoping to see a certain hamster that she missed so much.

She almost losing hopes before she spotted that certain hamster stand by the wall on the corner far away from her place.

Wendy looking at the sky calmly with her hands inside her oversized grey hoodie's pocket.

Irene's heart beat fasten. She tries to calm herself down before start to walks to her direction.

Meanwhile on the other side,

Wendy sighing for the third time since she hang her umbrella on Irene's locker.

'Seems like I have to coming home late again today'

She stared at the gloomy sky and wonder if Irene is already on her way home or not.

Her thought stopped when she hear a familiar cold voice that she misses so much.

"Hey"

She gulped as her body stiffened.

She turns to the voice direction slowly and greeted by the most beautiful face ever.

"S-sunbae-nim" she greet her nervously with an awkward smile.

"You are the one who always doing it, aren't you?"

Irene looked straight to her soul, she feels like dying inside.

"W-what are y-you talking about s-sunbae-nim?" She's a mess, she's stutter much and start fidgeting.

"Walk me home and make sure I don't miss the bus, slipped bandage on my backpack when I got tripped, give me a spare shirt when some clumsy student spilled their drink on me, this umbrella, it's yours"

Irene looked at Wendy like she is her prey and walks slowly approaching her while Wendy walks backwards untill her back touch the wall, Irene's voice is firm and fierce and Wendy is nervous as hell.

Irene stop one step away from Wendy and grabbed her collar, yanks her forward until their nose almost touched.

Wendy is already praying for her life inside.

'Oh my God is this the end of my life'

She gulped again.

"Am I right?" Irene ask whispering.

"Uh.. I, I'm sorry I-"

"Wendy, Am I right?" Irene demand an answer with a firmer tone.

Wendy couldn't think straight anymore. She's overwhelmed with the feelings of Irene's warm breathe and hands grabbing her collar.

"Yes" Wendy finally answered with a small voice.

Wendy close her eyes anticipating something like a slap to her cheeks because Irene could be violent sometimes.

But,

she feels a pair of a soft lips instead.

Seungwan shocked and pulls back right away.

Eyes widen and mouth open.

"Wha-"

Irene cut her off and kiss her again, with a little force this time.

Wendy finally let in and close her eyes, savoring the sweet pair of lips that she longed the most.

They pull apart after a good minute of tasting each other.

Irene caress her left cheek and kissed the right one. Her hands going around Wendy's neck and whisper right beside her right ear.

"I'm sorry, I was too harsh back then"

Wendy is still in haze, but manage to slip her hands to hug the latter slim waist.

Irene tighten her hug and continue talking.

"I'm sorry too that I just realize my feelings.. I'm sorry for being stupid and notice what you are doing just now, I'm sorry I hurt you so many times before. I actually liked it when you makes me feel so special, I got attached to you, my mind got easily distracted when I can't see you for just a day..."

Wendy feels her shirt dampened, Irene is crying. And that's melt her heart.

"P-please don't give up on me. I-I promise to take the baby steps and start to opened up to you, please don't give up on me Wendy"

Wendy tighten her hug and whisper softly.

"I'm not giving you up, Irene. I'm sorry that I almost to, and you are forgiven. I'm willing to take the baby steps with you, I even will to wait for many years for you. I love you Irene, I'll not giving up on you, ever"

Wendy kissed her side head.

Irene pulled back slightly and look at her. Eyes and nose red and hair slightly disheveled, but still perfect in Wendy's eyes.

".....call my name again?"

Wendy smile brightly, a smile that makes Irene falls.

" Irene. My Irene. My beautiful Irene. Would you be my girl, my Irene?"

Irene feels like there's a lot of butterflies fly wildly on her stomach.

She nods slowly and smiles shyly.

Wendy chuckles and Irene's cheeks softly, try to erase the tears that fall earlier.

"Now now my beautiful Irene, shall I walk you home so you can take a rest? You looked tired lately" she kiss Irene's forehead lovingly.

Irene bite her lower lip as blush creep on her cheeks.

"W-would you stay at my place for a while after you walk me home?"

Wendy is grinning widely.

"As you wish, my lady"

Wendy grab her hands and interwine it with hers, both walks home with hands holding each others and bright smile on their faces.

Wendy is glad.

That she isn't giving up on Irene.

That's worth the wait and efforts afterall.

Irene deserve all the hard efforts and wait,

because for Wendy, she's more precious than anyone could thought.

 

 

 

 

-

I'm sorry I was gonna update this earlier but got distracted *hide*

Ohh and thank you for all the love everyone, I love you!