The Feelings 1

Calm Ocean and a Bright Star

Hello!

I'm sorry this one is boring and kinda lame.

Aaanddd, this story would be split in two, sorry for the mistakes, Merry Christmas!

-

Wendy walk around the school holding a box of chocolate, she's looking for a certain bunny.

No it's not Valentine's day nor the bunny's birthday, it's just a normal day of Wendy courting the bunny.

It's been 6 months since the first time Wendy giving Irene gift. Wendy and Irene both popular in different way.
Wendy being known as the school sweetheart while Irene is popular because of her cold attitude.

But Irene is a goddess.

She's a total beauty even with her specs on and thick books inside her arms, even with her cold attitude towards the others.

That's why students around the school keep falling for the certain bunny.

Wendy is not an exception.

She falls right away after she looked at Irene's big round eyes, and falling even deeper when she accidentally sees Irene's genuine smile at the park 6 months ago.

She was joking around with someone, her closest friend perhaps.

Wendy swear she never see another smile as bright as Irene's, and the eyes that twinkling as mesmerising as the stars turning into crescent while she laughed her heart out.

And she decide that she would give Irene all the love that she has, either Irene liked it or not.

Courting Irene is not as easy as she thought.

She would get rejected by a cold 'no, thank you' or sometimes Irene would just walk away without glancing.

The gifts that Wendy gives is kinda random too, from a single rose, chocolates, to a paper with some random doodles that she slipped between Irene's books or sometimes her locker.

And Wendy still get a cold shoulder.

Right now, Wendy have other name.

It's Irene's number one admirer.

No one could beat Wendy's patience, even the other admirer gives up at the third month max. Some other will give up on the second time they get rejected.

"Irene sunbae-nim!"

Irene stopped walking as soon as she hear wendy screaming her name while waving a box of chocolate.

Wendy jog to her direction, slightly panting. She's still grinning like a fool tho.

"Sunbae-"

"Stop."

Irene cut her off with a cold tone, confuse is visible on Wendy's face.

"Please stop all of this, Wendy-ssi."

"B-but sunbae-nim, I-"

"No Wendy. Keep it for yourself, I'm tired to see your stupid face and stupid gifts almost everyday, it's annoys me."

With that Irene shoves the chocolate box to the latter and walks away without turning back.

Wendy feels like her world is crashing down, she hugs the box while biting her lower lip and looking down. Tears threatened to fall, she go to the school's bathroom hurrily.

It's not the first time she got rejected, this time even softer than the usual rejection.
But Wendy still feels broken over and over again, she loves Irene a little too much.

She sobbed inside one of the cubicle for like 15 minutes already, still hugging the chocolate box.

'Knock' 'knock'

"Hey Wen.." someone whispering softly outside the door.

"G-go away s-sooyoung" she answered between sobs.

"Wannie-ah.. open up for me please?"

They stay silent for a good 2 minutes untill Wendy decide to open the door, Sooyoung hug her immediately.

Wendy start to sobs again in Sooyoung's arms. Sooyoung just listen to the heartbreaking sound and Wendy's hair softly as she comfort her with soft whisper.

"It's okay Wannie, it's okay"

"S-sooyoung-ah, I've been s-stayed up all n-night just to m-make her f-favorite chocolate"

"Yes Seungwannie, I know" Sooyoung feel the grip on the back of her uniform tighter.

"Y-you know... I was planning to ask her out-"

"And to be rejected again for the hundred times??"

Sooyoung cut her off.

She pulls back a bit and cup Wendy's cheeks, both hand caress it gently, erasing the tears slowly.

"Seungwan-ah... You have to respect yourself. I know that you love her so much but you have to love yourself too. You've been hurt for too long, you know?"

Her eyes soften as she speak, feeling sad to see the bright hamster so miserable right now with her face red and her hair messed up.

Wendy bites her lower lip and bury her face on Sooyoung's chest.

"Take a rest Wannie, just give up for now"

She said as she caress Wendy's back.

"I don't want to give up Sooyoung-ah..."

"I said for now you silly, continue it when you're ready again. You have to love and respect yourself first remember?"

"O-okay" Wendy tighten her hugs.

"Come on. Let's calm you down at the park and then go to Yeri's, I'm sure that devil could cheer you up easily" Sooyoung said, slightly joking.

Wendy pulled out of the hugs and let out a small smile.

-

Irene walk past the park as she's in a deep thought. Her mind flew to the moment at the school earlier.

'She looks so down'

'Am I too harsh?'

Irene is spacing out as she's walking slowly.

She halt in her step in an instant when she hear a familiar laugh.

She looks around and found something- or someone that has been on her mind these past hours.

She blinks rapidly, didn't believe what she sees right now.

There's two girls at the bench not far from her place to stand feeding each other with chocolate while throwing some jokes.

They laugh freely and pretty loud for Irene's liking.

The taller one holding a box which contains of chocolates listening to the latter, feeding her chocolates sometimes makes the other one talks with full.

'That box..'

The other one, the small and adorable one, with her slightly messy hair, puffy cheeks and slightly red nose telling stories with her hands animatedly.

'She still looked adorable'

Irene gulped.

'What?'

A frown visible on her forehead.

She looked at their direction again, closely.

They looked so happy, and they eat the chocolates that supposed to be hers.

Irene felt a slight pang on her chest.

She breathed heavily.

"Wendy..." she said in a low voice.

She walks slowly to their direction without looking away, eye focused on Wendy.

As she get closer, she could hear their conversation.

"So what you would gonna do?" Sooyoung suddenly ask as she notice Irene is present.

Irene stopped right away, freezing in her spot.

"Can change the topic? I don't want to talk about that right now"

Irene gulped, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Hmm.. are you gonna give up then?"

Wendy shrugged.

"Maybe..."

Irene walks away, she doesn't want to know.

She also don't know why her chest feels heavy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Please forgive me and my lame stories.