III

Call me by your name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi sighed and rests her chin on her palms, her eyes closed as she listened to the light pitter patter of raindrops.

Even though she was prepared this time, wearing a raincoat and an umbrella tucked inside her bagpack. There was strange sensation washing over her, she didn't want to come home just yet. 

'It's not like someone will scold me for staying out so late,' she thought bitterly. 

"SinB-yah!" Someone from across the hallway called out. She didn't think much of it until it gradually got louder. 

"Hey, are you—ack!" Eunbi looked over her shoulder before she was tackled, the applied force almost sent them toppling down the small flight of stairs. 

"Get off of me!" Eunbi yelped, sitting up straight and pushing against the weight on her back. 

A soft whimper reached her ears, Eunbi glanced over her shoulder and saw the same girl from last week. "Geez, you're heavy." She hissed under her breath. 

"...you don't mean that," The girl pouted and poked at her arm cutely, but gingerly moved around and plopped on the tread beside her. "I'm light as a feather!"

"Whatever," Eunbi patted on her shirt and readjusted the lapels of her coat. 

"Why are you here again? And what did you just call me earlier?" She asked incredulously while staring at the girl. 

"Same as you, duh," The girl rolled her eyes. "Why else would someone purposely be in school during summer break?" 

Eunbi remained silent since she was purposely in school because otherwise, she'll be stuck home alone. The soft drumming of rain on the roof above them gradually came to a stop. "SinB. That's what you called me, right?" 

"Yep!" 

"Why?" 

"Because," The girl simply grinned and bumped her shoulder. "You're a mystery that I want to unravel for myself." 

 

 

SinB drove around aimlessly for about an hour before coming home. Driving has always been a relaxing activity for her. 

Whenever her mind was riddled with stress and anxiety, she would yanked her car keys from their hook on the wall and race down the parking lot to her car, driving away without any predetermined destination. 

SinB turns off the engine and takes the key out of the ignition. She sits there for a long while, thinking of what Yewon told her earlier this afternoon. 

As always, the slightly younger woman was right. They're still young, there's no need to rush into something that has a permanent impact in their lives. 

But she was so ready. She was ready to get down on one knee and pop the question. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter