IV

Call me by your name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin nervously taps her fingers as she stares out the car window. It's a beautiful day but a tremor of anxiety coils in her gut.

She looks over to her girlfriend as the brakes squeal to a stop. However, Eunbi just sits there gripping the steering wheel until her knuckles go white.

Yuna called her just a few days ago inviting them for lunch at a fancy korean barbecue place downtown for another celebration. It'll be her treat, she said. 

What kind of celebration? Yuna didn't disclose over the phone but she said it's a surprise. It wasn't the singer's birthday, and Yerin's pretty sure they were the ones who should be surprising her not the other way around for such an occasion. 

Still, she's not going to miss out on the opportunity to eat free food, so she clears her schedule for today to spend time with her friends but her girlfriend isn't particularly thrilled about it. 

"Babe, we're here," Yerin's voice cut through the silence. 

Eventually, Eunbi lets out a sigh and her hands move to undo her seat belt. Her movement even less enthusiastic than usual. 

"Sorry, I zoned out," She mutters under her breath and was about to open the car door when Yerin grabs her arm.  

"Are you okay?" Yerin asked. The dancer just looks at her with an unreadable expression. "You're frowning, more than usual."

"Look, I'm sorry for being so busy lately—" 

"Whoa, it's not that," Eunbi cuts her off, lacing their hands together and giving the blonde's hand a firm squeeze. 

"I just have a really bad headache," Eunbi reassures her, but she could tell something was bothering the dancer. Her girlfriend have been a little down the last couple of days. 

Though she looks great in her skinny jeans and leather jacket, and her hair is nicely combed to perfection, the dark circles under her eyes made it seem like she hadn't slept in weeks. 

"Let's go?" Eunbi asked. The blonde's heart sank when her girlfriend forced a small smile. 

 

 

Yerin doesn't know what to do. She busied herself by looking at the menu but would sneak glances at her girlfriend whose hands are clenching into fists from under the table. 

Eunbi's mood didn't improve, in fact she's even more irritable from the moment she pounced on Yuna and took the seat next to the tall girl. It left the dancer to sit on the only chair left available right across from Sojung's new girlfriend.

"Eunbi," Sojung said, her voice barely cuts through everyone's excitement. Eunbi visibly tensed, but so did the other girl. Yerin blinked, a confused expression on her face as she looks at Sojung for answers.

"Oh, right, you two share the same name," The eldest chuckled. 

"SinB, I heard that you don't remember anything from last week so let me just formally introduce you to my girlfriend once again, this is Jung Eunbi," The tall beauty then turns to the short haired girl, gazing down at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter