VI

Call me by your name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's whole body froze at the question, she's pretty sure she wasn’t even breathing. "You want us to be friends?"

This was a terrible idea. SinB shouldn't have came here. She should've ignored that note, ripped it to bits and went on with her life. But she didn't, because she felt a pang of longing when she saw their symbol doodled on that piece of paper. She misses her childhood friend. The dancer wants to sit down and talk, have some closure but the idea of becoming friends with her ex-girlfriend... was foreign.

The thought of becoming friends with Eunha had crossed her mind several times throughout the years, an idealistic dream she mused from time to time. Perhaps she thought she's prepared to handle this now that she's had time to properly think about it. But SinB quickly realizes she’s not ready for this, not today, maybe not ever.

She turns her gaze back on the short haired girl who stares back and feels her heart stutter in her chest. The desperate look in Eunha's eyes is concealed behind a burning determination. She's never seen the older girl's eyes look like that before.

SinB's mind is altering between thinking of a way to steer the conversation and telling her body to sit still. There's also this little voice in the back of her head telling her to stop staring at her childhood friend before she gets noticed. Her mind shuts down just as Eunha started talking again.

"I really missed you, SinB-yah," Eunha whispers affectionately and even knowing all the suffering the older girl had caused, SinB can’t help the warm bubble of affection that spreads in her chest.

How could someone who caused her so much heartache make her feel special at the same time? It wasn't fair. Eunha knows the right words to say, just like she always has, and SinB thinks that the longer they sat there the less composed the dancer becomes. Jung Eunbi is the only one that could evoke such intense yet unexplainable emotions out of her.

SinB stands up so abruptly that the table shakes, her neglected cold cup of coffee rattles almost spewing dark colored liquid everywhere. The dancer looks stunned by her own action. They both were. She doesn’t know why she stood, or what she should do in this situation for that matter.

Eunha looks up at her with nervous doe eyes and SinB struggles to form any coherent thoughts. The ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter