V

Call me by your name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​​​​​​Summer vacation came and went, but the situation at home turned for the worse. The eerie silence was replaced by constant fights and shouting that made her run straight to her room as soon as she stepped inside the house. 

Spending more time outside became apparent, but Eunbi was running out of excuses for staying in school so late. She was a bit of a loner and wasn't in any particular school club. So she decided to join the dance club, the after-school activities will take her mind off of her home situation. 

However, she didn't make any friends though. The other kids were either too shy to approach her or they were intimidated by her. Eunbi didn't really care but she would often find herself feeling lonely.

She remembered that girl who also stayed in school during summer classes. What class was she in? How is she? And why did stay in school so late? Over summer vacation too nonetheless.

Eunbi continued walking down the path to the front playground when she saw someone collapsed on the ground by the swing set. She rushed in a panic, but slowly came to a stop when she saw it was same girl she met during summer classes. She was lying on a blanket, Eunbi thought she was taking a nap at first glance but then raised an eyebrow when she realized the girl was staring up at the sky. 

Eunbi proceeded towards her, mildly curious as to why this strange girl was lying on ground of such a desolate place at dusk. 

"What are you doing?" Eunbi asked. The girl took one look at her and immediately perked up. 

"Come lie down with me, SinB-yah!" She called her by that nickname again. The girl patted on the spot next to her, the bright orange fabric was big enough to fit them both.

Eunbi stared at her for a few seconds before sighing, she shrugged off her backpack and placed it on one of the swing seats so it wouldn't get dirty. She then gently lay down beside the girl, their shoulders almost brushing together.

"What?" The girl kept on smiling at her that it made her a bit uncomfortable. Nobody was this happy to see her before. Even her own parents would often forget she even existed. 

"I've always wanted to do this with someone and now I have you!" The girl beamed. Eunbi didn't sense any malice behind her words, the girl sincerely wanted her company. 

"Okay?" Eunbi scratched her forearm, still a bit uneasy by the her enthusiasm. "But what are we doing exactly?" 

"Just look up and wait," Eunbi did just that and tried to relax. They had lain there for a while in silence but Eunbi didn't mind. She would make quick glances at the other girl, who started humming, and wonder what compelled her to do this. 

The sun finally goes down and everything goes black but not for too long. Soon, hundreds of stars twinkled in the dark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter