✧Children✧

✧MikaYuu Oneshots✧

。☆✼★AU, children★✼☆。

~Reader's POV~

Yuichiro Amane had just arrived at the Hyakuya Orphanage on this very day. Now, he was sharing a room with a boy his age that had been previously introduced to him as Mikaela, Mikaela Hyakuya. Apparently, his original full name was Mikaela Shindo- however, the Hyakuya Orphanage was stated to be his real 'family'. Yuu assumed that he was no longer an Amane, but a Hyakuya..? No, he didn't really want to be a part of this. He was certainly intrigued by everyone here, but he certainly wasn't the kind to fall for cheesy and cliche fluffy family relationships. No ooey-gooey anything for Yuu, nope! He was not the type. That was a big problem though, it seemed. All of the kids were pretty clingy, and Mikaela... Er, Mika- he was probably the clingiest somehow, despite being the second oldest along with Yuu at the orphanage.

At the moment, Yuu decided to get away from everyone- but that plan failed as Mika followed him very slyly- to situate himself. Mika accompanied him and showed him to the room, informing him that the fuller, messier side of the room was his and the other was free for Yuichiro. All he really knew about Mika was that he was also 6 years old, he'd been abused- like himself, and that he was kinda clingy... On the other hand, what Mika got out of Yuu was that he was also 6 years old, he had been abused- like himself, and could be kind of a stuck up jerk.

"Okay, Yuu-chan-"

"Yuu-chan?!"

"Fine, Yuichiro-sama-"

"That's worse-"

"Shut up, Yuu-chan. Okay, so, yes... I realize how hard this is and I realize that you probably fit the tsundere type, but..." Mika tapped his chin and attempted hiding a smile seeing Yuu's appalled expression. "I will not accept this behavior!" The blonde said, placing one pale hand on a hip and the other in the air to point at Yuu. "What behavior?" Yuu growled with an irritated scowl affecting his features. "Well... Let's see... You're much too reckless..." Mika sighed and put the hand in the air right on Yuu's cheek. "Very stubborn, too," the boy looked around the room. "Hmm... I should help you settle in before discussing such a difficult topic with you-" Yuu groaned and pushed Mika's hand away. "No, I'll do it myself." Mika gasped and pointed at him again- "this is what I mean! The great Mikaela will help you! I just have one request..." Mika's pale hand in front of Yuu returned to the boy's side. "And what's that?"

"Be my friend," Mika smiled sweetly. Yuu sighed. "I'm fine, thanks."

"Yuu-chan... Please be my friend!" Mika crossed his arms and watched Yuu with wide blue eyes carefully. "Okay," he grunted, hardly giving any more attention to Mika and wasting his time on meaningless friend nonsense. "Yay!!" Mika squealed, his voice almost going a whole octave higher. He hugged Yuu from behind tightly before moving to help him with organizing his side of the room.

。☆✼★...★✼☆。

They eventually finished the room, as now it was dinner time, and all of the little kids were giggling and sitting around the table, being served bowls of food one by one by the director. Akane smiled and stood proudly at the end of the table. "I helped cook tonight!" Akane giggled and took a seat next to the youngest children, Taichi and Ako. "Yes, she did! And it smells wonderful Akane," the director smiled as she passed the last two bowls to Yuu and Mika as they both took a seat next to each other. "How are you liking the orphanage so far, Yuichiro-kun?" Akane smiled and stuck a spoon full of rice and veggies into . "It's okay I guess," Yuu shrugged and began eating. "How was your bonding time with Mika?" Akane giggled. "Wha-"

"Great! He's my friend now!" Mika grinned widely and ate a pepper slice. "So? That doesn't mean anything," Yuu groaned. Akane took in another spoon full as she observed Yuu. "How many friends do you have at this orphanage?"

"I don't know, the only one who's even asked was Mika..."

"So Mika-kun is your only one? Is he your first?" Akane smiled to Yuu, taking a sip from her water glass. "I- I guess?" Yuu's face turned a bit pink as he looked away. "I promise Yuu-chan, I will be your best friend and make you happy forever!" Mika lunged forward and held Yuu's hands in his own, raising a bit of attention. "Yuu-chan? How cute!!" Akane squealed as she ate the remaining vegetables in her bowl. Yuu turned a deeper shade of pink and he drew back his hands. "O-okay, fine... You don't have to be so weird about it anymore... I'll be your friend if you drop it, okay?" Yuu grunted again and ate another bite of rice. "Ah! Okay. Yuu-chan, it's a deal!" Mika hugged Yuu and nuzzled his head onto Yuu's shoulder. Akane grinned. "There's no getting rid of him, Yuichiro-kun! He sticks like a band-aid!" The brunette stood and carried her bowl and glass up to the sink to wash, collecting other bowls as they emptied. Yuu felt Mika grip him tighter, about to cut off his circulation. "Mhm!" The blonde said before allowing Yuu to breathe and taking his own dishes to the sink as well.

The director started washing the dishes with Akane once everyone was done eating. "You should all have baths before bed," Akane turned to alert the kids. "Mika and Yuu, you can go first!"

"Okay!" Mika smiled softly and grabbed Yuu by the wrist, dragging him to the bathroom. "Wait- Mika-" Yuu tried to pull away from Mika when they got into the bathroom. It was kind of large, and it was really nice... "What's wrong Yuu-chan?"

"We can't take a bath together!" Yuu growled. "Why not?" Mika pouted. "Because that's embarrassing, Mika!" Mika tilted his head slightly in confusion. "How come? We're both young and we're both boys so it's not weird!" Yuu groaned at the boy's persistence... "Why do we have to take a bath together?"

"Because I will be lonely! And alone, and so will you!"

"Not in the bath!!" Yuu huffed and threw his hands on his hips, with a subtle glare. "Come on, Yuu-chan!" Mika smirked and grabbed Yuu from behind, raising his small fingers to Yuu's ribs. For once, a smile cracked on Yuu's lips as Mika tickled him. "M-Mika!! What are you- Mika!" Before long, Yuu began to laugh, which encouraged Mika to tickle him more. "Mika! Stop it, Mika!" He was really ticklish, Mika realized, and that would be very useful. "Yuu-chan~" He pushed Yuu to the floor, tickling the most sensitive spots that he could find. "Mika, I can't- breathe-"

"Must I do CPR?" Yuu shook his head quickly and got up off of the floor, partially pulling Mika up with him. Once Yuu caught his breath, he sat on the side of the tub and sighed with defeat. "Come on, that was funny Yuu-chan!" Yuu tried to keep up an irritated facade, but he knew it'd slip sooner or later as he was growing curious more and more each second. He bent over and the water, getting it to a comfortable temperature before removing his shirt. "Fine, get in," Yuu sighed and waited for the other boy to undress. "Thank you Yuu-chan!!" Mika eventually got in, Yuu quickly getting in after him. The blonde hugged his knees close to his chest and sighed. "I kinda forgot, this is all so exciting... But we have school tomorrow, are you going to go with us? It'd just be me, you, and Akane since the others are too young and only Kota and Chihiro are old enough to go to preschool..." Yu hesitantly looked over at Mika and shrugged. "I guess."

"'Kay!"

。☆✼★...★✼☆。 

As weird and awkward as it was bathing together, getting out of the bath, and then getting dressed together to top it off, they managed. They got into their room eventually and Yu sighed as he plopped down. "Are you gonna go to sleep, Yuu-chan?"

"Yeah, I guess so, I'm really tired..." Mika smiled and hugged Yuu tightly- "Okay! Goodnight Yuu-chan, I'll see you tomorrow morning." He waved his small hand as he made his way over to his own bed, surprisingly. Yuu slipped under his blankets and tightly shut his eyes, trying to get to sleep as fast as he could as he curled up into a ball for a while. He was slightly distracted by Mika's breathing- it wasn't too heavy or anything, it was just very... Peaceful sounding. Yuu didn't know if he felt like sleeping alone, it usually scared him, and that because he didn't really have any people who liked him in his life before now. He hesitantly padded across to Mika's side of the bedroom and, as quietly as he could, curled up next to Mika under the covers.

"Are... You okay?" Mika said groggily. Yuu's face heated up immediately, Mika caught him red handed. "Y-yes, I'm fine, I just- I- Uh- You see- I, I... Uhm, my bed is... Weird.....?" Mika rubbed his eyes and sat upright. "Is Yuu-chan scared of the dark?"

"N-no! Of course not..!" Yuu hugged his knees close to his chest and looked away momentarily. "I... Don't like sleeping alone," Yuu admitted, his gaze trailing down to the bed. Mika arched a brow and put a hand on Yuu's head. "Really? Yuu-chan? You don't like sleeping alone?" Mika patted his head a few times before laying back down. "It's okay, I don't really like to either. You can just sleep with me whenever you want- if you'd like?" The blonde yawned and tucked his arms under the covers as Yuu started to do the same. "Y-you don't mind?" Mika smiled and shook his head slightly, looking into the green eyes across from him once they were face-to-face. Yuu's face began to heat up again and he turned his head away, Mika giggling and tangling his hand in the other boy's hair. "Shut up..." Yuu groaned and turned around, Mika choosing to quietly wrap his arms around Yuu's torso and entwining their legs.

Before too long, Mika fell asleep and Yuu stayed where he was, unable to sleep. His heart was still pounding and sweat was rolling down about every part of him. He felt Mika's soft breathing against the back of his neck and his soft, calm heartbeat on his back. He exhaled shakily, trying hard not to move. He wasn't quite sure why he was so scared of Mika being against him, but here he was, freaking out silently.

。☆✼★...★✼☆。

The next day, Yuu woke up from Akane's voice calling for him fairly early. He yawned and stretched his arms, crawling out of Mika's bed and getting ready for the morning.

"Where's Mika?" Yuu ate his toast and bacon as he waited on Mika to join him. "Sleeping? I think?" Akane groaned and threw her hands on her hips, running back into their room and yelling at Mika to 'hurry up, soldier' after he got his school clothes on. He pouted and sat down at the table, quickly grabbing a piece of bacon as he continued to get his things ready. "So, you can be forgetful and grumpy too, huh?" Yuu smirked and he pushed his plate forward once he finished it. Mika stayed silent as he put his head on the table, on another piece of bacon. Yuu arched his brow and ran behind Mika, putting his hands on his ribs. "My turn." Mika gasped and set his food down, trying to escape Yuu's grasp. Yuu grinned and tickled Mika as good as he could- Mika squirmed and fell back against Yuu once he tried to stand. His giggles were continuous and soft to hear. Yuu sat himself down on the floor with Mika writhing against his chest as his pace started to slow. Mika was gasping for air and Yuu was only tracing his fingers ever so softly along Mika's arms by now. "Y-Yuu-chan you're really good at sneak attacks..." Yuu grinned charmingly. "Duh, of course I am!" He stood and helped Mika up once Akane looked over at them with an irritated expression.

"You ready?" Yuu asked Mika, following Akane out the door. "Mhm!" The blonde grinned and dashed out after Yuu as they followed the sidewalk to their elementary school. "I don't have really any friends, other than Lacus and Rene, but I don't talk to them very much, so... If you want, could I hang out with you today?" Mika asked Yuu with a nervous expression. "Oh uh, sure, that's fine." Mika sighed with relief. "Ahh thank you, Yuu-chan!" He gripped Yuu's hand in his own. "Well... We're friends aren't we?" Mika looked up at Yuu and smiled widely. "Mmm! Yeah!"

"I won't leave you unless you want me to," Yuu said, looking to the side. "R-really??" Mika gasped and hugged him quickly... Yuu nodded briefly and shrugged him off when they went into the building- Akane kept glancing back at them, with a few giggles. "You two are so cute!" She spun around and motioned a thumbs up, "I'm off! Have fun~" Mika grinned and waved at her as she ran up the stairs to the second floor. "What grade is she in?" Yuu glanced up the stairs and began climbing up with the railing in hand. Mika pulled him back by his wrist and shook his head. "We'll die if we go up there! It's restricted... And she's in 5th grade..!"

"Who told you that?" Yuu scoffed. "All the 5th graders and 4th graders did!" Mika cried. "It must be true, so don't die on me now, Yuu-chan!!" He latched onto Yuu's arm and squeezed it tightly. "Hahh, I doubt that. Anyways, for now, where do we go?" Mika slid a hand down into Yuu's and started walking towards a classroom. "We're in kindergarten, so our classroom is here."

"Okay," Yuu looked over at Mika as he felt his hand start to shake. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure... People aren't usually friendly to newer kids, and I don't want them to be mean to you..." Mika's face turned pink as he let go of Yuu's hand and crossing his arms. "It's okay Mika, I have you, so it shouldn't be a problem."

"B-but they... They don't really like me..." Yuu grunted. "They don't like you? Why? You're so sweet and cuuuuu- uh- cuuuriously interesting..!" Mika giggled and put a hand over his mouth. "No, I don't know, they just don't like me..." The boy sighed. "I suppose we'll just have to fix that then, huh?"

"How?"

"Nothing for you to worry about!" Yuu grabbed Mika's hand and pulled him into the classroom.

。☆✼★...★✼☆。