✧Protect Me✧

✧MikaYuu Oneshots✧

A/N: More little tiny MikaYuu kids. Warning, there will be a little bit of violence/gore towards the beginning, so... I am honestly really sorry, and if you can't read that then I don't suggest it. ;;

✧ ✧ ✧

~Takes Place modern day, regular world~

✧ ✧ ✧

Reader's POV✧ 

"Mika, are you ready for school? It's our first day of sixth grade, why aren't you already ready?" Yu asked Mika as he leaned over the bunk bed that they shared. Mika was whimpering from the light that Yu switched on. "I don't wanna go..." He drew the covers over his head quickly and whimpered again. "Mika! I can't go alone, what happens if I make new friends?" Mika goes a bit limp. "Don't do that..! I don't want to be lonely either..." Yu huffed, "exactly! So get ready." He pulled the cover off of Mika's small body. Mika sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Five minutes, please..." He fell back onto his pillow and closed his eyes, his breathing slowing already. "Mikaaaa... What if I get a girlfriend??" Mika shot up and ran to the closet. "No!"

"Why?" Yu chuckled and helped Mika get clothes out. "Mm- I told you..! I'll be lonely!" He flushed and chose a shirt as Yu chose a pair of jeans for him. "That's the only reason?" Yu smirked. "Maybe!" Mika pouted and grabbed the pants Yu got for him. Yu was pretty sure that Mika still wanted to marry him one day, as he said in preschool a few times. Yu went behind Mika and squeezed him around the waist and nuzzled into his neck as he was brushing his teeth fast. "Yuu-chan! Not now!" He tried to say, but as he spoke, toothpaste foam was dripping down his mouth. He was unaware, however, so Yu wiped it off and it off of his thumb. "What the heck!" Mika's face turned pink and Yu giggled. "I like that flavor, Mika! I can't help it, it's so tempting..." He leaned forward and kissed the corner of his mouth. Mika was getting only pinker. He spat out the toothpaste and ran out the bathroom, embarrassed. "Do you like girls? You could get a girlfriend maybe?" Yu crawled onto Mika's back. That action knocked the both of them over. "I..! Don't know! I- I only like one person! Don't ask about that stuff Yuu-chan, it's embarrassing, okay?" Yu giggled and pulled Mika off of the floor. He absolutely loved to tease Mika about girlfriends... Mika needed one..! He would help him get one this week, for the sake of his happiness! Whatever woman he liked now would be soon forgotten as she probably did not deserve him! Yu wanted the best for Mika.

He hugged him and scooped him up into his arms, carrying him to the table for breakfast. "I'll get cereal for you if that sounds good." Mika sat and hunched over on the chair, still red. He nodded and whined, turning to the table to stare at it intensely. Yu brought a bowl to Mika once he was done making it. Yu had already eaten and now it was his turn to just help Mika to get ready. He watched him closely, making sure to watch for any messes he'd make. "S-stop watching! It's scary..." He pouted and tried really hard to eat carefully. As if this were some manner test at a school... "Oh, whatever! I'm your friend, I don't care! I love you no matter what messes you make~" Yu giggled and blushed a little bit himself. Mika squealed and hid his face in his shirt, running off somewhere. "Mika! We can't play hide and seek now!" Yu sighed and ran to chase the boy. He had his entire face in a tissue. "What's wrong?" Mika looked up with blood dripping from his nose. "I-I, um..." He lifted the tissue and Yu went over to him and got out another tissue. "Here, tilt your head back! I'm not a vampire or anything, don't freak out!" Mika flinched and lifted his head. Oh, it was pretty bad, it was dripping down his chin. Mika shut his eyes tightly and whimpered again. Yu cleaned up his face, grabbing another tissue, just in case, and walked him over to get a glass of water. "What happened?" Yu giggled and cleaned up his cereal. "...I don't really know," Mika drank the water quickly. Mika had been through so much already this morning, poor boy..! Yu would be there protect him at least today. "Okay, Mika, the bus is here, come on!" Mika nodded. "Ah, wait!- My shoes..." He sat down on the floor and began to put them on. Yu grabbed the other when Mika was trying to tie the first one. Before he slipped it on, he tickled the bottom of Mika's foot. Mika gasped and then giggled, pulling his foot back. Yu laughed and continued to tickle him. "We probably can't have tickle fights at school, so let's get one in now!" Yu smirked and Mika just giggled- he got him good! He wasn't even paying attention. After a couple of minutes, he grabbed Mika's hand and his backpack as Mika grabbed his own.

They arrived at the bus and skipped inside, picking a seat at the back, sitting close next to each other. "There's a bit of a drive to school, so you can take a nap if you want," Yu said to Mika, grinning. "O-okay... If that's okay I will!" He smiled cutely and gradually began to fall asleep against the seat. Once he was asleep, Yu moved his head onto his shoulder and watched him as he slept... "I'm sorry if I watch you too much Mika..." Yu whispered, partly forgetting that he wouldn't hear him. "You're just really cute, and I don't want these moments to be forgotten!" He leaned them against the window and he hugged Mika's head close to his chest, resting his face in Mika's soft hair. He and his pretty hair always reminded Yu of sweets. He loved to smell his hair whenever he was sleeping, not to be creepy, he just loved being close to Mika and smelling his favorite scent. He, too, drifted off a little bit as he inhaled the comforting aroma that Mika had. Smiling, because he was so close to he who mattered most to him.

✧ ✧ ✧

"Oh, Yuu-chan..! We're here!" Mika prodded Yu awake, wiping sleep away from his eyes. He waited, watching Yu, leaning against his chest, waiting for him to fully wake up. He opened his eyes then. He and Mika just looked into each other's eyes for about a minute or so, before an older girl came over to them. "You guys should go before getting teased..! There are people here that may be rude to you for displaying affection! You guys are so young though... I'm an eighth grader this year, I can show you to your classroom if you'd like. Sixth grade, yeah?"

"Oh, uh, yeah..." Yu flushed a little as Mika got off of him and stood up. The red-headed girl smiled and she had them follow her as she walked off the bus with them. Mika grabbed Yu's hand and nearly started hiding behind him, grabbing hold of his sleeve with his other arm. "U-um, where should we go now?" Mika said in a light voice as they got inside. "Our caretakers aren't here yet, but I wasn't paying attention when- when I was told where to go..." He shyly got closer to Yu and his face blushed a little bit. The girl giggled. "I'll have to go quickly, but I'll help you, come on. My name is Charlie, by the way, I might see you at lunch and recess. What're your names?"

"Oh, I-I'm M-Mika, and this is Yuu-chan, he's my b-best... friend..." He said, almost a little unsure. 
"It's nice to meet you! Ah, your first classroom is just here on the left," Charlie pointed at the classroom around the corner and grinned. "I'll see you guys later then!" Mika and Yu both waved and Yu gave Mika a hug. "You ready Mika? Let's sit together," he pressed his head against his lips, wanting to give him a kiss on the head rather than just hug him, to let him know that he was there for him, so he did. Mika giggled and covered his lips with his fingers, trying to hide his giggle in public. "Y-yeah..! Thank you, Yu..." He clutched his hand and his sleeve as they went in. The teacher smiled. "Ah... You must be Yuichiro Amane, and Mikaela Shindo, yes? Take a seat wherever you like!" He grabbed Mika and pulled him to a table, getting two chairs for them. He sat next to Mika and set their backpacks next to each other on the floor.

✧ ✧ ✧

It was lunchtime! And Mika was still practically clinging to Yu as if he would run off and join someone else and abandoning Mika. "It's okay Mika, don't be nervous..." Yu slung his arms around Mika's shoulders as he gripped Yu's waist with his own arms. They got their lunches and sat down at a table in the back, purposely alone. "Hm... So... I had a plan to get you a girlfriend today, but none of the girls in our classes are too nice, so is it maybe okay if I get you a girlfriend another time?" Mika shook his head. "N-no thanks, I don't really want a girlfriend..."

"Who do you like anyways? Is she in our neighborhood?" Mika shook his head. "I... Um... I don't really like a girl..." He whispered so quietly that Yu could hardly tell what he said. "Oh... Who is he then?" Yu couldn't think of anyone that they both really knew that Mika would like. There was a slight chance that it was him, he realized, and he kind of hoped that Mika did like him... He didn't know why, he just kinda wanted to be there for Mika, and have him rely on him and hold him like always. Now that he thought about it, he didn't really want to get Mika a girlfriend... He bit his bottom lip in hopes that it was him and blushed a bit. "I can't tell you quite y-yet... Soon, though... I just have to be sure..." Mika blushed a little too, and Yu snuggled Mika against him as they ate. They did have a mini and a somewhat unnoticeable food fight. Neither one of them made a big mess, and it mostly consisted of Yu making Mika eat the veggies. "You gotta be healthy Mika! What will I do if you die on me?? Or become sick? We both need to be in good shape for the other, okay?" Yu exclaimed. Mika couldn't help but giggle, and Yu felt a few butterflies whenever Mika would look at him that way. He really wanted Mika and his sweetness all to himself, and he was starting to think that maybe that he did want Mika to have a crush on him. This was so strange and sudden! Yu wasn't sure why that's what he wanted, but that's what he wanted.

Not too long after lunch, they headed out for recess where they sat alone together on a wooden bench with a wooden table. Then suddenly, a couple of older kids came over to them. "Why are you sixth graders so annoying?" One of them asked, seemingly pissed for an unknown reason. "U-um, I'm s-sorry, I-!" Mika peeped and brought his hand to his mouth when Yu didn't respond. "You better be, twerp!" Another one of them snapped at Mika, causing him to fall backwards. "M-Mika! Wh-"

"Shut it! You'll get a beating too if you try to move or save this kid," the first one muttered. He walked over to Mika and pinned him to the bench, reaching into his pocket. "We can't get expelled for anything we do, because we're from the high school over there," he nodded at a rather large building somewhat closeby. "And if you were to make a peep, I could kill ya and run, got it? Now..." He hid something in his hand and pulled out Mika's arm. "My sister called me over just now, as our youngest sister started sixth grade today. She, who I won't say who, has a crush on Yuichiro, she has since elementary school. She told my other sis that she needed a little help getting your gay buddy out of the way, so I thought I'd teach you a little lesson. This should come off as a warning to the both of you, since there is a chance she could kill you, Mikaela." He looked over Mika's arm carefully. "Who- why- wh-what?" Mika stuttered greatly and shook badly, glancing over at Yu. Yu's heart was racing, it took every muscle in him to hold himself down and not strangle the 'high schoolers' in front of Mika. The only thing that held him down in his mind was that they could be killed, and Yu couldn't let Mika die like that. One of the guys pinned Mika's other arm and his head onto the table behind him and held him that way. The straw of knowledge in Yu's mind snapped. He lunged forward to stop whatever they were going to do as two others held Yu in a strong lock, in which he couldn't get out of. "Mika!" He yelled when Mika looked at Yu, tears, and worry filling his eyes. "Stop-Mm-" Someone behind him covered his mouth with their hand and Yu tried to scream out, but every sound he made was muffled and pointless. The other little kids went inside, no one noticing what was going on in the corner. Yu thought for a moment that he could see a girl with long black hair and dark eyes watching them for a split second and smirking before returning inside, and he assumed nothing other than that she was the girl who wanted harm done to Mika... Mika let out a cry of intense pain as the brother pulled the blade of the pocket knife out completely, slowly carving something into his skin. Tears were streaming down Mikaela's face as he screamed his throat raw. They cut deep and long into his skin, and Yu tried so hard to free himself, he began to sob and tried to kick and yell all that he could, but yet nothing was working... The guy put up the bloody knife and took out a box cutter, causing Mika to yell louder. Once his other arm had been cut, and the blade was moved to his face, he went silent and limp. Yu cried hard and used all his might to move. Mika wasn't dead, but Yu could tell he was losing any strength he had left in him. His eyes were wide and his face was covered with tears. Yu bit the hand in from of him as hard as he could as he saw blood drawn on the other side of Mika's face, and soaking in with his tears. He bit the kid's hand so hard he felt his teeth become achy, and feeling them lightly sink into this person's flesh. He yelled and pulled his hand away, running off soon after. Yu freed himself from the other as he quickly ran away too. He screamed and bit another hand that went into his mouth just as hard or even harder than the first.

It took a fight, but they left in enough time. Yu got cut in the process as well, it was a deep cut on the side of his face just below his eye, trailing down to his jaw. It stung, but it was nowhere near to what Mika had to go through just now... He sobbed and turned around, running over to Mika. Mika his side and was holding his arms close to his chest, covered by his long sleeves. "Mika... Oh, Mika..! Please tell me you'll be okay, please!!" Yu screamed and lifted Mika in his arms, cradling him, but trying so hard not to touch his arms. Blood was leaking through the sleeves and he lifted them slightly, touching Yu's face. "I'm okay," he whispered, his small voice giving out. "Thank you... I- I think I need to take a nap..." His arm fell painfully and Yu grabbed his hand. "No, Mika! You can't, not yet! Please Mika, please..! You'll be okay, right? How bad is it??" Yu cried and his tears spilled fast onto Mika's clothes. "I told you, Yu... I'm okay... I'll be fine!" He tried to smile. "Mika... I'm so sorry, Mika! I'm so selfish! I'm so evil, you almost died! ...Why wasn't it me..?" He whimpered to himself. "It's not y-your f-fault Yuu-chan! It's okay..." He winced. "That brat... I'll kill her and her siblings... This is all her fault..! The only one I love is you, Mika! I love you so so much, I-I..." Yu sniffed as tears streamed even quicker down his face. He lifted his hand to Mika's face and wiped off any blood and tears that wouldn't be in a painful spot. "What the hell... We're only sixth graders..! Nobody can be that evil... No one!" Yu hugged Mika as he buried his face into Mika's shoulder. "C-can we go to the nurse maybe?" Mika whispered and flinched again. "Oh, gosh. Yes, Mika... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" He lifted him carefully into his arms and walked quickly up to the door, ringing the office bell to let them in. It unlocked immediately and Yu ran as fast as he could to the nurse's office, hoping to meet no soul on the way who could question him.

"Go!" Yu heard someone yell as he neared the corner hall that leads to the nurse. "Oh, God..." They said once they saw Yuichiro and Mika. "Oh my God... Are you guys okay? We saw the cameras outside, who were those people and how did they get there?? Do you know?" A couple more staff members showed up from around the corner. "Y-yeah... I need to get him to the nurse now... A few high schoolers came over and pinned him down to the table and cut his arms and his face." Yu said as they quickly walked down the hall. "Oh my God! I don't even..." The lady said as they got to the nurse. "Okay, we're going to call your caretaker and we'll get you guys all taken care of before we can get you to the doctor okay? Did they hurt you badly?" Yu lifted his head. "They did this, but nothing else," he pointed at the cut. "Mika is hurt bad, though." Yu sniffed as the nurse lead them to rooms. They treated Yu's wound and bandaged it. Luckily, it was the only one, so he didn't have to wait too long. "I really don't feel like resting... C-can I see Mika?" The nurse looked unsure. "I... I don't know... If you really feel okay, and you aren't in pain or aren't feeling bad at all, then I suppose." She sighed and showed the way to Mika's room. "Thank you, miss." He bowed lightly as she smiled sadly. "Please say if you aren't feeling well." Yu nodded and waited for the nurses to leave before going over to Mika's bedside. "Yuichiro... Why don't you go get some water from the water fountain? I'll be done shortly, but it could kill some time and help get you in better shape," one of the assistants told him. "O-okay," he walked slowly out of the office and over to the water fountain. He pressed the button but didn't lean over, he just watched the water flow down into the drain. He felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned around, not releasing the water fountain button. "You..." He stared expressionlessly at the girl in front of him. Her bangs nearly reached to her dead hazel eyes. She had almost white skin and a very smug grin plastered to her face. She looked as if she could have been dead just moments ago. Her hair was long and reached just above her thighs, having a large black bow tying only a small part of it up. She had on an all-black outfit, long sleeves, gloves, leggings, and skinny boots. "Hello, Yuichiro. My name is Stella... You're very handsome," her small voice sounded soft but deathly. "Shut up. You nearly got my best friend killed, I-"

"Oh, I thought he was your boyfriend... Well, whether he is or not, you shouldn't bother seeing him anymore. You will love me Yuichiro, or he will die." She spoke, her voice growing cold as a winter midnight. "No, I'll never love you... I'll never let you lay a finger on him, ever! I've known him my whole life, and I have never seen you before now, and I don't care!" Yu snapped, growing a little teary by accident. "Be careful of your words. You don't want your mouth to kill him, do you? Unless you want him dead or suffering constantly, you will love me. Be my boyfriend, and he won't be killed for the time being." Yu's hands clenched into fists. "If I agree to this, I can choose when it ends. I'll give it a chance, but if it doesn't work, I'm gone. And if I agree, you will never hurt Mika, no matter what, or there's a chance I'll do much worse to you." Yu's expression darkened and she giggled for the first time. "You act so mad around me! Just wait and see, you'll love me. I won't touch him then, and you can decide when it ends, and I'll do nothing to you ever again." She twirled around and skipped away, leaving Yu to start crying again into the water fountain. It was a while before he actually drank any of it and headed back in to hopefully see Mika.

✧ ✧ ✧ 

Mikaela opened his eyes slowly and found a teary Yuichiro watching him carefully. "Y-Yu..." He whispered and smiled, seeing his crush in front of him, so caring for him... It made Mika feel so good. Seeing Yu always by his side, caring for him and protecting him... Sometimes Mika would pretend that he and Yuu-chan were older, and were dating. It was embarrassing for Mika to admit, but then again, that was only to himself. He remembered the girl who was willing to kill for Yu's love, however, and his smile faded only slightly. "Mika! You're okay! Are you in pain? How are you?" Yu hugged him tightly. "I'm better now that you're here... My arms are a little sore, but... It's okay!" Mika smiled. Mika's confidence was only shattering by the second, but he could not let Yu be worried. "What... What did they do to your arms..?" Yu questioned hesitantly. Mika looked down at his covered arms and pointed to his left one. "Th-they wrote... Um... They w-wrote 'back off... g-gay boy'..." His face went a little red but tears slowly formed in his eyes. He pointed at the right one, "they wrote 'l-leave. No one likes you, so leave', on this one..." A single tear fell back and Mika blinked, causing more to fall. He inhaled sharply. Yu hugged him and caressed his cheek. He leaned back and stared into Mika's eyes. "This will be weird, but..." Yu leaned in and kissed Mika's cheek quickly, not letting himself linger too long. It almost seemed like for the millisecond that Mika was trying to lean into it, but he couldn't be sure... He wasn't asking or anything. Mika felt so happy, but he contained his emotions inside of him to not seem weird, so he just basically stayed silent. He felt his face become red and he couldn't help but let a smile break through. His crush since childhood just kissed him. It was on the cheek, but that was still enough to Make Mika's insides boil in excitement. Yu blushed a bit too. "Oh, Mika, you have no idea..." He said so softly. Yu now knew for a fact that he liked Mika, and he wanted nothing more than for Mika to like him back this moment. "I... I told Stella... That brat, that I would date her, but I said that so that she would never harm you. She's at least letting me leave when I want." Yu clutched his heart. "I promise I'll stay by your side, Mika. I promise!" Mika giggled... "Wh-why are you laughing?"

"I... Never imagined anything like this!" His smile made Yu want to cry... He so badly wanted to kiss him again. He would date Stella for one day, and then break up with her and confess to Mika! Perfect plan... "I-it's not like that... I just... Um..." Yu was lying. He so fell for Mika now, and there was no denying it. He just hoped that he could tell Mika himself when he was 'single'. "After tomorrow..." Yu smiled proudly. "One day of 'dating'," he slightly stuck out his tongue in disgust, "Stella. And I can be free again. I won't let her lay a hand on you or me, Mika, I promise."

 ✧ ✧ ✧ 

"Okay, Mika!" Yu called happily to his friend and... Soon to be husband. "Your bath is ready!" He said and stretched. They already had a chat with their caretaker, so that was out of the way... Luckily, Mika is doing a bit better. "It's been a long day, huh?" Mika yawned and appeared from around the corner. "Yes, it has..." Yu put a hand on his shoulder and went into the bathroom with him- "I'm still sorry Mika..." Mika sighed with a smile. "It's okay, Yuu-chan, don't stress." He leaned back against his chest, and after a couple of seconds, began shoving him out of the bathroom. "Wait! Mika! I was gonna help you-"

"At least let me get in, Yu." He said from the other sighed laughing lightly. Yu flushed. "O-oh okay, good point..."

Once Mika got into the hot water of the bathtub, he called to Yu who had been waiting at the door, listening. "Okay! I'll go get the washcloth-" he grabbed the cloth that was sitting on his bed and rushed into the bathroom. Mika brought his legs to his chest and his face was a little red. Probably because he was in steamy water, and in the bathtub in front of his crush. "Do you need help getting the bandages off?" Yu asked as he set everything down on the floor and pulled up a stool beside the tub. "Maybe, they're really long... Do we have new ones for afterward?" Mika ask ed and started peeling the bandage apart and off of his red arm. Yu nodded and started tugging on it softly, seeing the words that Mika was talking about, stained in red on the fabric. Yu grabbed his arm when the bandage was off and gently ran his finger over the cuts. "Does that hurt?" Mika looked at his arm. "A little bit..."

"It's puffy... Did they already put ointment on and everything?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure..." Mika started to take off the one on his cheek. Soon enough, they were all gone and Yu threw them away. Mika held his arms out in front of him and looked at the words. "Hey, Mika... Don't think about it, okay? I don't care if you're gay, I told you that I love you, no matter what. Besides, you don't need to back off, Stella's relationship is only lasting for a day or less. And then... As for that, everybody loves you, except for those jerks, yeah? They don't matter Mika, not at all. They're too insecure to worry about their own lives and are so unproductive that they can't do anything else other than cutting innocent people like you to play-pretend that they rule the world." Mika smiled and gave Yu a small high five. "Thanks, Yuu-chan," Mika hugged his knees and exhaled peacefully as Yu helped him wash his back.

Mika made Yu leave when he finished washing off his body since he wanted to get out without revealing himself... Yu reluctantly left after a minute and was waiting by the door again for Mika. Mika opened the door, fully clothed and newly bandaged, Yu nearly attacking him with a hug. "Mika!"

"Yuu-chan! It's only been like 2 minutes..." He flushed and looked away. "I know, but I missed you..." Yu paused and smirked. "Mika..." Mika sighed. "Yes?"

"Sleep with me?"

"Wh-what?" Mika flinched. He knew that's not what he meant, but his face went so red after that. "You're so cute when you blush!"

"Nooo, stop!" Mika covered his face. "Oh man Mika, get your mind out of the gutter! We aren't that old yet, don't get too excited, okay?" Mika closed his eyes very tight and could not make eye contact with Yu. He leaned in closer to Mika and hummed. "So, do you?" Mika ran into the room and grabbed a pillow, dropping his towel somewhere on the ground and holding the pillow up as if it were a defense mechanism. "Win me over first!" Yu laughed and got a faceful of a pillow before grabbing one and whacking Mika with it gently. "Oh, it's on, Mikaela Shindo..."

✧ ✧ ✧ 

The boys got tuckered out fairly quickly, so they quit hitting each other with pillows equally as fast. "What do you say, then?" Yu questioned with a suggestive smile while Mika just huffed. "...Fine," he pouted. "Your bed or mine?"

"I, um... I don't really care..." They shared a bunk bed, so they'd still be in the same room. "M-maybe yours?" Yu bowed dramatically. "Of course, my lady." Mika paused. "Ladies first," Yu whispered. "Oh, uh, okay," Mika stepped up the latter, keeping an eye on Yu. He followed him once he sat down on the bed completely. Yu crawled to one half and patted a spot for Mika to go to. "You want to do anything or just go to sleep? You must be pretty tired." Mika nodded. "Yeah, I guess just sleep, if you want..." Then Yu pushed him down to lay next to him. Yu slid his hand down the space between the wall and the bed to flip the light switch. "I wanna tease you a little, first." He said as he pulled Mika's leg around him and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Nooo Yuu-chan, not now..." He buried his head into Yu's shoulder and whimpered, allowing Yu to smell his hair again. "Okay..." Yu laughed a little bit and hugged him close, running his fingers through Mika's hair. Mika kept his leg around Yu and held his arms close against him, drifting to sleep. "I don't just like you Mika," Yu whispered when he fell asleep. "I love you..."

   ✧ ✧ ✧ 

"Mika! Get up!" Yu sat on top of Mika and prodded him. "Come on! Help me- this is the worst day of my life!" Yu whined and rocked himself- "Mika!" Yu lay his whole body on top of Mika and he still wouldn't move. Then, Yu had an idea. He smirked and the top of Mika's neck. "Yuu-chan, why??" Mika held a hand up to his neck. "I had to!"

"No, you didn't! Why do always me..?" Yu poked his cheek. "Heh... 'Cause... Should I do it again or can you get up?"

"Okay, okay, fine..." Once Mika had run into the bathroom to get ready, Yu sat in his bed and sighed. "When this day is done... I want to just hold you and kiss you so slowly..." Yu clutched his heart. "I gotta do this... For Mika!" He leaped down and finished getting ready himself.

✧ ✧ ✧ 

"Yuichiro-Senpai!" Stella gasped. "I love you..." Yu smiled so fakely and waved at her. "I best go... A class is starting soon, catch you later?" He said, hoping he sounded convincing enough. She nodded so sweetly it was disgusting. He had that class with Mika and without her, luckily.

"How's it going?" Mika waved him over. "Awful..." Yu pouted. Mika grabbed Yu's famice in his hands and leaned in. "I can change that later!" He smiled with the slightest blush. He looked so innocent and Yu sighed. He was probably lovesick by now... He just couldn't wait until after school when he could kiss him for real. Just a little longer...

Yu hated this day up until now, getting to be alone with Mika finally... Yu placed his hands on Mika's and grinned. "How is it with... Stella?" Yu could hear the concern in his friend's voice, and he could tell that he hated Stella. They both did, actually. Since she had forced Yu into loving her, and almost killing and threatening to kill Yu and mostly Mika... Just wait until the end of the day when Yu could get Stella out of his life again and back completely to spending every minute with Mika. He'd confess tonight, at an awkward time, since he loved getting Mika so flushed. He was so cute and sweet, and Yu wanted nothing more than to be a good person for Mika, being a source of happiness for him... He always wanted that, even before he had a crush on him. "Not good," Yu spoke the truth, "I'd much rather be free to spend time with you, of course... I just can't wait until I break up with her. One day with that woman is too much... But... You can surely turn a nightmare into a daydream..." Yu laughed and smiled at his cheesy romance quotes as they made Mika's face turn pink. "Heh... We should probably get to work." Yu realized that their assignments were due tomorrow and it was already halfway through class... And oh boy did Yu not want homework today. A few more classes to go!

  ✧ ✧ ✧ 

Yuichiro was walking out of the school building, looking around for Mika when Stella came over. "Want to go get coffee?" She asked cheerfully. "Oh... I wanted to talk to you. Um, I'm waiting for someone, though..."

"Oh come on! Come with me to a cafe! And tell me what's bothering you," she grabbed onto his arm and dragged him down the sidewalk. "I shouldn't tell you now," Yu said, making sure his pace stayed slow. "Tell me," she nearly growled. "I... I don't think I can like you in this way. I may want to be friends if you won't do anything to me or those I care about... It's just that I've had my eye on someone for a little while now, and it's not changing. I finally wanted to confess, but then I met you... I feel really awful, but I can't have this kind of relationship with you, at least not yet because I barely know you." Yu said it in the nicest way he could. He knew he'd never like her in that way since he knew now that he was attracted to one person and one person only, but he still tried to be a good person with this. He knew it hurt, but she did nearly kill Mika, and that was a problem on its own. Her facial expression went back to dead, though Yu didn't notice that she was brighter until then. "There's no point is there? I've liked you for so long... But it's always been you and him. You've always been there for each other... I've never been that way, I always wanted you to myself and didn't care. I see it now... Hah... I realize, that you're probably gay anyways, and if you like Mika, then... That's fine. I hate it, but I'm grateful you even talked to me, it's all I ever wanted. But, I promise I won't get in the way. I apologize for my siblings too," she bowed and a tear fell from her pale face. "They told me to act this all out... I never meant to hurt or threaten anyone, but it's all I know... They make me act that this is what I want, but it's not. I'm fine with you and Mika... I'll be happier if you're happier anyways."

She stood up and smiled an actual smile. "Now... Go, confess your love. I just ask that you forgive me..." Yu took a moment to process all of this. It was quite a bit to take in. He was surprised, worried, and he felt a bit sorry for her as well. He put a hand on her shoulder. "I do love Mika, yes... He's the only one I'll ever love like that, I know. But even if I may take some time to forgive, I'll be willing to be your friend and perhaps land you a date if that's what you want." Yu smiled sympathetically and she wiped her eyes, smearing her makeup a little. "Yes to both of those," she held a fist close to her chest. "Thanks... Now, don't let this interfere with your love... Go on, live your life as you want it," she shooed him off and spun around, seemingly happy. Yu was pretty puzzled... Maybe she did love him but she was a type who wanted the other's happiness rather than their own? Perhaps she was forced into a relationship by someone for an unknown reason? Yu knew that if they became friends, he'd ask her about that, her willingness to harm others, and about her family who seemed much more violent than she had... But for now, he had to find Mika. He ran into the school, his heart rate quick, rounding corners in hopes to spot Mika- which soon enough, he luckily did. "Mika!!"

"Oh- hey Yu! What's up!" Mika waved but flinched when Yu latched onto his arm and nuzzled his face into Mika's shoulder. "I'm sorry I wasn't out there sooner, I just had to finish cleaning up after others in science-" Yu placed a hand on his lips and stood up straight. He moved his hands to Mika's shoulders and pushed him softly against the lockers. "Y-Yu? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Mika," he smiled and gazed into Mika's deep cerulean eyes, every particle of light reflecting so perfectly off of them, shining in the most beautiful way... "Are you okay?" Mika asked, evident concern in his voice. "I've never been better, you?" Yu said with a cheesy tone and a grin beginning to grow on his lips. Mika sighed. "Did you seriously just..?"

"What if I did?"

"Yu, I can't-"

"You never answered me~" Yu said, trying not to break out a smile yet. "I'm great..." He said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "Can you explain anything, or do you need food?" Yu thought about it, he was only really hungry for Mika's lips at the moment, but he was casually and not so casually trying to build up the tension. "Well... I broke up with Stella."

"How did that go?" Mika asked. "Smooth, honestly. She seemed happy, and I don't know why. I told her that we could be friends and I could try to get her a date for a dance sometime?" Mika pouted. "The closest dance is this next week, right?" Yu nodded with a smile. "I can get you a date to the dance too if you want." Mika shifted and moved his gaze to the floor. "I, um... I don't know about that... I want a date, but... Not with anyone," Mika said. "Oh, I know, I'll set you up with your crush, just tell me who it is," Yu said, his confidence slowly dropping in realizing that it may not be him. Mika blushed and shook his head. "N-no! I'm g-good..."

"Aw, why not?" Yu teased, really hoping that Mika would just tell Yu that he was in love with him! Although... That seemed a little too perfect. "B-because..."

"I see... So is it actually a girl or a boy?" Yu mentally crossed his fingers, if he could be sure that Mika did like a boy, even if it wasn't him, he'd have a chance. "A boy..." Mika said, shutting his eyes tightly and holding his hands together. "I've got a crush too," Yu stated and saw Mika's shoulders slightly fall with a stiffness neither one of them knew he had. "O-oh... On who?"

"I'll tell if you tell!"

"Only if you tell first..." Mika said, his voice lowering in a nervous sort of way. "Okay." Yu his lips, noticing the cute way that Mika tensed again and blushed underneath him. He put a hand underneath Mika's chin and pressed his lips swiftly against Mika's. He pulled away right away, a blush clear across his face. "I'm sorry. But did that answer your question..?" Mika's eyes widened greatly and his entire face became a lovely rose color, one that Yu liked to match his eyes. "You... You... Like me...?" His breath faltered and he somehow managed to maintain eye contact with Yu, his heart threatening to leave his body right then. Yu backed away slowly, letting giggles finally overtake him. He couldn't keep up that serious-ish act for very long... "What?" Mika asked self-consciously. He never kissed Yu before, not actually. They came close, but it never happened...

He wasn't laughing at him, he hoped. "Y-Yuu-chan?" Yu quickly went back up to Mika and hugged him. Mika whimpered. "No, Mika, I don't like you." Yu thought he felt Mika's heart slow and beat faster at the same time and Mika looked up at Yu, a face of despair and brokenness. His eyes looked so hurt, the cerulean color seemed to have been washed by a sad color, his face painted with utter pain. It hurt Yu so badly... So Yu clutched him tighter- Mika's body shaking badly- and planted kisses on his sweet blonde hair. "I love you... I don't even think I'd call this a crush. I've had crushes, but... I've realized that I've always felt different about you. I'm in love with you Mika... For real this time." Mika shivered and pulled away to look at Yu, his eyes showing slight confusion, a little bit of happiness, and a ton of other emotions Yu couldn't quite pin. "Se-seriously?" He asked, a hopeful hint in his voice. "Yes... I... I love you more than anyone or anything in the world... I want to kiss you and hold you... I want to love you and be by your side forever, Mika. If it's possible, I want to marry you too, I want to be the one to make you happy, to make your future bright... I don't even know how to describe it... I know we're young and at such an awkward age, but I know I love you." I-I want to make you feel so complete and safe, no matter what... I swear I will protect you Mika. I... Want to make you feel, pleasure, when we're older, and I want to start a family, with you. I can't help it, this is all so sudden and confusing, but all I know for sure is all of those things, I want them to come true... I love you, Mika..."

Mika stared at Yu, his heart thumping, his lungs barely letting him reach oxygen, his body about to collapse... "N-no way... Was all of this teasing about this? I... I don't know if you'd known, but I've always had a crush on you since we were in, like, preschool. I watched you working, I admired you a lot, and when we became friends I knew there was something about you that was different!" Mika grabbed Yu's hands. "I thought that you were cute, like the girls, but even cuter, and amazing, and perfect in every way... I know it sounds weird, but I remember that I'd always feel a little nervous around you, despite being your friend, and I still do sometimes. I just think that feeling for you was similar to the feeling I had on a girl before I met you. My thoughts of her instantly vanished, and all my little kid-ish fantasies were then about you, and I didn't know why. I knew you were a boy, but that didn't really matter much to me... Ahah..." Mika wiped his eyes with his hands. "I'm sorry... This is just too amazing! I- I think I am in love with you too, Yuu-chan." Mika smiled as watery tears started to slip down his cheeks. "Wow..." Yu held Mika's face in his hands and smiled. "I hope this isn't a dream." Mika grabbed Yu's hands as well, smiling. "Me too, Yuu-chan," and the boys leaned in together for a kiss. Yu wiped Mika's cheeks and kept his lips sealed against Mika's soft and pink ones until they needed some oxygen.
 

Just then when they broke apart, the world existed again. They noticed quite a few students around them. A few were clasping their hands on their hearts or against their mouths, some were watching, supposedly intrigued. Others were all having different reactions, other than a few tears shed by a couple of them. Luckily, this time, they didn't have a bully magnet strapped to them. Mika gasped and buried his face into Yu's shirt. Yu felt his stomach twist in the best way seeing Mika holding him, knowing that he loved him now. He sighed and pressed his body close to Mika's. After a few seconds, Yu slid his hand down into Mika's, pulling him away from the crowd and outside of the school. Mika swung their hands cutely, smiling to himself. "You're such a dork." Yu giggled and swung his hand with Mika. "Where are we going?"

"Home, unless... You wanna go on a date?" Yu looked at Mika, who had a pink shade on his cheeks again... So cute! "I- I, um... I'd like to, maybe?" He said and looked away. "Okay, where?" Yu checked his back pocket to get his wallet. "A cafe? I'll buy something for you," he said, starting to take turns to the nearest coffee shop. "Sure..! But I can pay, thanks Yuu-chan-"

"No Mika, I'm gonna pay!"

"No Yuu-chan!"

"Yes!"

"No..."

"Yessssss." They argued for a bit and walked into the shop, Yuu running up to the counter, ordering a cookie and a glass of iced coffee. "Mika? What would you like?"

"Can I get the same? I'm paying," he pouted. "Fine," Yu said and took Mika's money, switching it out for his own before Mika could act. "Alright!" The cashier said, "I'll have those to you in a few minutes. Thank you!" The boys picked out a seat in the corner of the cafe and Yu handed Mika's money back. "I paid," he said, grinning. "You idiot! Keep the money then." Yu stuffed the money into Mika's face. "No, take it or I'll throw it away." He put the money over the trashcan by their space, shuffling it in his fingers, about to drop it. "Okay, okay, give it then." Mika held out his hand and Yu handed back his money. "Good boy!" Yu said, turning Mika into that pretty flushed color again. He sighed and put up his money. "How are your arms?"

"Oh... They're okay," Mika rolled up his sleeved and glanced at the bandages. "Should I take them off?" He picked at the end of one for a moment. "Maybe not just yet, you have to stay healthy," Yu said, standing once the cashier called their number. He brought back a couple of cookies and two coffees. "Hey! Do you want to do that thing that couples do where they both drink from one cup? We could do that!" Yu put both straws into the same coffee, putting it between them. "Look who's the dork now..."

    ✧ ✧ ✧ 

A/N: Oh boy, it lowkey hurt me to write this chapter. I also stayed up late working on this for like 2/3 days ;; It's 1:53 am now~ I'm tired :'D I hope you like it! You can kinda choose what happens from there, but in my mind, they basically became known as like the power couple at all of their schools... They obviously get married, and then they have many beautiful children! Hah, my fantasies~ ^^ (PS this flip flopping story is 8112 words)