✧Young and Bold (P. 1)✧

✧MikaYuu Oneshots✧

A/N: This one is going to be an AU of sorts where everything is exactly the same, just Mika and Yu are kids and meet after the war when vampires and humans are on good terms. Mika will be a vampire here, incomplete, but also none of the orphans will die!  To keep the fluffiness for this story especially! I like my idea for this one, and this will probably turn out to be more of a mini-story rather than a one-shot, two-shot, or whatever! I'm excited~

✧ ✧ ✧

~Everything happens and it's the same with everything, them as kids~

✧ ✧ ✧

Reader's POV

Yuichiro Amane, the absolute worst kid at the "troublemaker" school, was sent to the principle's office. Yet again. Yu made his merry way down the halls, tripping a kid as he skipped to the office, all while smirking. "Yuichiro, you're only fourteen years old... You've been sent to hundreds of schools across the nation, you have been sent to several different juvenile detentions, and you've even been put in tons of different orphanages and foster homes. Do you really want to be sent to another country? This is one of the final schools you can be accepted into here in Japan, and you're about to blow your chance. Again. I have no idea what on Earth we have got to do with you to stop you from physically-"

"Woah, mister, let's not get too heated, kay?" Yu clicked his tongue. "get to choose my life, you don't, clear? I don't give a damn rat's for whatever the hell you wanna do with me. Killing me would be better than anything, yea? I'm not going to change, and that should've been figured out long ago. No matter how many anger management classes you put me in, no matter how many jails I go to, no matter how many trials I have to face, whatever. I don't care. I will never- EVER- make peace with anyone- humans and especially vampires- because nobody likes me, and I want it that way. Everyone should know that I want to die, and you won't let me, so I'll just have to keep acting out until either I can die in the hands of a rebellious vampire in a courageous fight, or I wait for the day my execution comes." Yuichiro kicked his feet up onto the principle's desk as the principle sighed and held his entire face in his hands. "Yuichiro, please. Work with us here, you have to understand where we're coming from. You are physically hurting others and harassing EVERYONE because you don't feel like behaving. For no reason at that. I just... I don't even know..!" The principal tried hard not to let his anger spill as he gently put firmly planted his fist into his desk. He called someone to come to the office. "Yuichiro, we've got in contact with another place for you to stay. I just want you to be safe... We've allowed you to stay here for a year and a half, and I just hope this new place will work out for you, for after school. I'm really trying here, Yuichiro, and I really am hoping that you'll just be alright. I like you, but your behavior, just..." The man sighed again and evidently spoke the truth. Yu was partially surprised because no one ever really cared about him before. Especially a staff member from school. Yu sighed as well, taking his feet off of the desk. "I'm not sorry, and I'm not changing, but... Thanks, I guess, for helping me... No school has kept me for this long, honestly," Yu grunted and stood, walking over to the door. "I'm going to take a walk. Where is this place I'm going to?"

"We'll have a counselor come and take you there, I suppose the place will be ready. The bell is about to ring anyways, so I'll let you go this once. Please go straight to get your stuff and please wait by the front door if the counselor isn't already there when you're done. There's no other way you'd know how to get there, so it's best if you wait anyway."

"Eh, I might go run into the street or leave the city if I feel like it, but for now, sure, I guess," Yu smirked and left as the teacher warned him about the camera's on school grounds. , that's right... Yu grunted and found his backpack in the classroom. "Hey, brat!" A vampire kid called as he was leaving the room. "What do you want?" Yu snapped as the vampire and his friend chuckled. "We heard you're going to a new place? Is that true? Let us know how quickly they'll kick ya. I'm betting 10 minutes. Carla bets 3." The female vampire with short and wavy brown hair giggled lightly. "Let us know you're boyfriend's name too if you can find him!"

"Shut the hell up... At least I don't go around stripping my clothes to attract others when I'm this young. You're so full of yourself that you can't even keep your ugly junk in your slu-"

"Not true!" She spat, her fangs showing and nearly piercing her dark red lips. "Oh yeah? Then why are you here?" Yuichiro flipped her off and walked to the exit, proud to see from the corner of his eye, Carlanna now on the floor, tugging at Jamie, the other vampire. Vampires are disgusting, Yu thought to himself as he finally reached the front door, unscratched, choosing to wait for the counselor this time. She arrived within a few minutes. Of course, she was a vampire. She was incomplete, but she was still a vampire. Her light mint eyes lit up as she spotted Yuichiro, but before he could distinguish her teeth that could kill him, he bolted out the door. "Y-Yuichiro, please come back!" Yu remembered what the principal said about cameras. Despite what he said earlier about having to go to jail and what not, he didn't really want to go to any more 'prisons' at the moment (since they were that boring), so he stopped and waited for the lady to catch up. She was wearing the staff uniform and her red hair was partially tied up in the back, the rest of the curly locks falling just to her mid-back. "Yuichiro, please don't be worried. I don't... Um..." She began walking at a quicker pace again, hoping for Yu to follow as well as knowing what she was referring to without saying it out loud. "Whatever," he scoffed. "So where in the hell are we going?" The woman flinched and slightly slowed down her step, looking at him. "My sister's orphanage. Hyakuya Orphanage." She answered straight- Yu never heard of it before. It better be good or he would make sure they made him leave fast. "Do you like, work there?" She shook her head. "Not really, I visit. She's my younger sister, so sometimes if she leaves I might take over, but that's rare. However, the kids there are lovely." Yu laughed. "Is that so? Tell me about them." She sighed and held her hands together. "I'm not sure that you'll like this, but there are the humans, Akane, Chihiro, Fumie, Ako, Kota, and Taichi. They are all very sweet little children, Akane is eleven I believe, and the others are all around the age of five to nine. They're wonderful... And then, don't tell anyone this, but there's one vampire, his name is Mikaela, and he's my favorite. He knows he's my favorite too, but I made him never tell anyone. He is the most darling angel I've ever known, he's so handsome and sweet... I know you aren't fond of vampires, but give him a chance. He's fourteen as well, and he's an incomplete vampire like myself."

Yu shifted uncomfortably. "No... I won't give any vampires a chance, probably not the humans either, I don't like anyone and I hope they will figure that out and just leave me alone." The lady sighed of sadness and happiness at once, and put her hand gently onto Yu's shoulder, leading him to the door of the orphanage. She knocked. "I hope this will work out, Yu. I suppose I'll see you around then..." She smiled slightly and took off as soon as her sister opened the door. The lady waved after her and then opened the door wide for Yuichiro. "Oh, you must be Yuichiro! Come in, come in." Yu walked in and threw down his backpack, still holding its strap, though. "Everyone! Come to meet our new guest!" Several human children scurried over to him and waved. He couldn't help but agree that they did look adorable and angelic as they all said hello to him. "My name is Akane!"

"I'm Chihiro!"

"Me! Hi mister! I'm Taichi!"

"Oh, my name is Fumie..."

"Hey, I'm Kota..!" The last one of the bunched peeped up next. "Mm! I am Ako! It's nice to meet you!" They all gathered around him and Yu felt a bit famous at the moment... "Mikaela! Come meet him!" The director said as one of the kids commented to 'Mikaela', "he's very pretty Mika! You'll like him!" Oh geez... Yu mentally facepalmed. However, a new face happily arrived from around the corner. Yuichiro... Kind of stared. "Hiya! I'm Mikaela but you can call me Mika! What's your name?" He held out a pale hand for Yu to shake. Yu gently lifted up his fingers against his and his pulse quickened. "You're the vampire?" Yu asked cautiously but Mika looked rather caught off-guard. "Oh, uh- yeah... I am." He lowered his hand and Yu felt almost sorry for him as he probably hurt him a bit. Pain flashed slightly in the boy's eyes for the tiniest period of time before blinking and smiling again. Yu remembered that this guy was a vampire, and looked away, leaving the human children as well to go sit at a table with his backpack. From behind him, he listened to the children speak, hoping that they wouldn't know he was listening. "Isn't he cool?" A young girl said and Mika laughed lightly. "He's so handsome, right Mika?"

"Yeah, just like you!"

"He is handsome," Mika grinned. Yu held his arms to his chest in hoped that none of them would get attached at all... "Akane, do you have a crush on him?" A little voice asked. Yu sighed softly, hoping to hear a 'no'. "No," oh thank goodness... "he's too old for me, and besides, I think he'd be better off with Mika, don't you think?" Yu tensed and waited for the responses... "Oh, yes! They would be cute together!"

"I think so too..." One of them even said, "I want to write stories about you two together!" Yu tried not to make it obvious that he was listening as Mika sighed lightheartedly. "I bet they'll be good." Yuichiro paused and mentally thought to himself that Mika never refused any of that... "Oh, Mika! Are you really into boys??" He really wanted to know the answer to that if he was being honest. "It depends on the person more than the gender in my eyes. I can't say much since I don't know him yet, but... Yeah, I guess I can be into boys if that person is a good person." Yu noticed that he was attempting to keep his voice lower than usual and he stood up then, grabbing his backpack and making his way up some stairs that lead outside. Mika smiled as he left and stood up himself. "Oh no, did he hear any of that??" Chihiro whispered. "Maybe," Mika smiled. "It doesn't really matter though!" Akane sighed. "You're so bold Mika..."

"I know!"

✧✧✧

Yuichiro headed outside and sat down on the rooftop to watch the sunset. Yu actually was wondering if he was into boys..? He never felt 'attracted' to anyone before, so he didn't really know. It's not like it matters, he thought. It's not like I plan on having a relationship with anyone. Yu groaned and leaned forward, waiting to see the stars. "Hey, Yuichiro!" It was Mika. "What's up?" He asked as Yu just ignored him. "...Do you like the stars?" Yu didn't speak, but he did nod. "Me too. They're so close but so far at the same time, and they're so deadly but so alive at once. Maybe... Is that like you? They do say that stars can't shine without darkness, yeah? On my part, I could take that two ways. Either you be your own star to shine in your sorrow, or maybe even one of us could be like the darkness and the other like the stars." He laughed. "Oh man... That sounded pretty weird didn't it?" He looked back up at the sky when the first star of the night started to shine, Yu following his gaze. "It decides to shine when you're out here... Maybe. I don't like anyone, though. I have no friends, I never have experienced any relationships before and I don't want to either... But... Maybe we could be allies..?" Yu cringed as the words left his mouth. He wanted to know this boy so badly but he so did not at the same time... He seemed so smart and sweet while Yu was so the opposite! "Allies? You can't be serious... I know you don't want a relationship, but I think you need one. Maybe instead of allies, you could try letting me be your friend?" Yu sighed. "You're a vampire... I just... I like being alone..." Mika laughed. Man, Yu couldn't bring him down, Mika just kept on smiling and being so bold, unlike himself. "I know that feeling, but... You can't say you hate friends if you don't have any." That was the harsh truth... He giggled again. "I got you, didn't I?" Yu pouted. "Okay, okay. Just try it! Okay? If you hate it you can forget I exist but until then... Yuichiro Amane! You're now my friend!" Yu felt flustered for a moment. Crap... Is this what friendship feels like? Yu sighed and latched onto Mika's hand when he held it out for him.

✧✧✧

A few days later, Yu still was causing trouble and misbehaving, but Mika was his first friend. He felt weird having a friend, no longer being like a wild wolf, stray and alone, but he also kind of liked it.

✧✧✧

That evening, Yu arrived home and Mika tackled him at the front door. He was wearing ears... "Yu! You're home!" He sat straight up on top of Yu's hips. "M-Mika what-?"

"Shh..." he leaned forward, his hands and his chest resting against Yu's torso. "The others are coming..." He whispered and got off of Yu only to pull him under the table soon after. Yu stayed silent until Mika allowed him to speak. Mika made a 'coast clear' sign at Yu... "What on Earth-?" Mika gasp-grinned. "You're on my team! I was alone in this world until my handsome princess arrived by my side," he said dramatically, sneakily running over to a drawer nearby where their stash of dress-up accessories were. The pair was black like his hair, the same as Mika's, but his were matching his own golden locks. "Oh yeah, we're playing a game of Packs. We made it up- it's just basically where everyone gets on a team, however many teams we want, and we have to set traps and try to invade the other's base to steal a stone and such! The first pack with the stones from all teams wins! It's fun but it can take a while! The winner always gets extra cookies or whatever dessert at dinnertime. It's so worth it... Oh! But we also have a system where we have to leave our territory to find food and water every 30 minutes, where we're in neutral territory. You can only attack a person first if they're in your territory, so it's dangerous. Run out of your four hits, oxygen, water, or food, then game over! You're out if that happens, so try not to die! In the neutral territory, however, the first to see the other gets to take the first move! Anyways... We're the Star Pack! Akane and Taichi are on the Moon Pack team, then there's Fumie and Chihiro on the Sky Pack team, and lastly Kota and Ako in the Sun Pack. Most of the time, the team names are natural names. I've already collected the Star, Moon, and Sun Stones, so we just need the Sky Stone to win! Got it?" Mika looked at Yu eagerly as he tried to soak in the description. "I use strategies that the others don't think of! It's pretty serious." Mika pouted as Yu looked as if he were going to tease Mika. "Well... I just didn't know you still played dress-up and pretend games-"

"Ah! It's a way to escape reality. Reality , so you should play our games too! Oho, I forgot to mention! If two or more players are on one team and there are players that are out, we can claim those players for our own team if we have 'babies'! It doesn't matter the gender, by the way." Mika smirked, probably in hopes to make Yu get flushed... It worked. "We don't actually have to... You know, but! It's fun to pretend to be mates. I've never pretended that before, but the others have, so I'm clean still!"

"Wow Mika, we're a little young, aren't we?" Mika chuckled. "As I said, we don't do anything..! It's just for crack-ups mostly... Like we just can claim someone twenty minutes after the player is out, the first to put the Pack pin on them is a parent with their choice of the fake 'mate'! It's all fun and games, my friend." Yu tried not to let it get to his head to fast... "O-okay! But we're just friends! Even in this game s-so..." He lost all of his words. "I'm so stupid..." Yu muttered, just enough for Mika to hear barely. "I usually play solo, but now that you'll play..!" Mika ran behind him and squeezed him. "Darling! A player has been out for 19 minutes so we should 'make' them new!"

"Aaahhh- Mika! Get off of me- Mika!" Mika giggled and dragged Yu to a corner in the room. " Okay, we have to be very quiet," he whispered, "we should also find food and water on our way, to save us some time. Okay, let's go!" He grabbed his hand and hid behind certain objects. "It's best to stay hidden, but be aware because someone might jump out at us..."

"Wh-what??" Yu whisper-yelled as Mika put a finger to his lips. "Okay, I have an idea where the out player is, so just follow me and try to spot food or some water on the way, kay?" Yu nodded, a blush still touching his cheeks as Mika pulled him slyly along throughout the orphanage. It was rather dark and quiet, so Yu feared that his breath and his now-quickening heartbeat could be heard... Mika came to a halt. "Yeah, so... This is our pin! I forgot to give it to you, you'll need it or you could be captured without a fight, so don't lose it!" He put one hand on Yu's chest and with the other hand, he pinned a star-symbol pin into his shirt. "Oh! I smell food... Come!" Yu forgot that Mika was a vampire, so partially to keep the 'seriousness' of this game going, he could try to make sure they weren't hungry or thirsty ever because of Mika's possible outbursts. He followed Mika to an unseeable room and Mika victoriously grinned. "This is a foolish trap! No one would fall for this..." Yu peered over at whatever Mika was talking about. There was an obvious rope with food in a net... "Geez... You guys really go full-on with this..." Yu said, kinda concerned, but also intrigued because this was pretty fun... "Of course... It's a serious game for the serious people at a serious time..." He laughed lightly and picked up an... An actual stick, scooping the food items quickly out of the net and leaving the stick to die alone as the rope snapped up the stick in the net... Poor stick... "Okay, eat up!" Mika pushed the food towards Yu, opening the bag to find a closed container of rice and an apple. Mika took the apple and sank his fangs into it and pulled it into two halves. "You know... You're a lot like an actual wolf, with your ears and your fangs, and you getting on your hands and knees fairly often." Yu whispered with a smirk as Mika just winked with the apple half still in his mouth. He ate parts of it on the way to wherever the dead-but-soon-to-be-born player was at, as Yu did the same, taking the rice container along with him in his hand. He left the bag behind so that no noise would be made, and he himself even ended up finding a bowl of water under a pile of literal leaves and branches, possibly bait, or more likely a hidden resource that was meant for another Pack. "Are our stones safe?" Yu asked as they satisfied their hunger and thirst and were preparing on their way to a soon-to-be-born child. "They are, I used a high-tech trap on top of them. The top trap is a tunnel to a feast and the second one a novice trap like the one back there, in case it doesn't fool them or if someone else comes along, it'll probably have them hovering accidentally or purposely hovering over the trap. I also have a backup security system, where this wristband will beep once if someone is near it, twice if they are to the trap, and three times if they are fooled. If they aren't fooled, it will buzz!" Mika showed Yu a close look of the watch-ish wristband on his arm. Yu was surprised. "How- is none of this illegal?"

"Nope! As long as we make it ourselves, anything flies!" Yu scratched his head. "Damn, that pretty head of yours has got brains," he whispered so that Mika wouldn't hear. He sighed right before Mika stopped and turned around to Yu. "Yu! I've found our son! Taichi has been killed off from the Moon Pack has been slain by Chihiro of the Sky Pack in order to protect their stone! It is said that Akane and Taichi were trapped as prisoners before they allowed them to escape, tricking Akane and ending Taichi before they returned to their base!" Mika looked partially distressed. They both knew he was only partially acting it. Yu smirked when Mika blushed. "Enough trivia, you want a kid, don't you? Let's have him then," Yu then grinned, grabbed Mika's hand, leaned forward, and sneakily went over to Taichi. Mika grabbed a star pin and immediately put it in his shirt before anyone else saw them. They left and retreated for their base with their new child. "Yayyyyy, we're mates now, Yuu-chan!~" Mika said as he lifted Taichi into his arms and began leading the way back to their Pack base.

"Y-Yuu-chan? Where'd that come from? And I thought that-"

"No, no, no! We're mates now and we've already had a baby so you can't change that~," he smirked and teased Yu as he quickly became embarrassed... "Father Mika?" Taichi asked innocently. "Yes, my dear?"

"Is Yuu-chan my father too?" Mika readjusted Taichi's ears and Yuu became redder. "Hey! Come on... You taught him my name wronggg..." Yu drew his words sadly. Mika giggled. "Yes, child! Yu is your father!" Taichi giggled. "Papa Yuu-chan!" Yu pouted. "Wait, Mika! I actually want to ask a question..!"

"What's that?" Taichi smiled and then replaced that face with an innocent and curious one. "Father Mika, where do pups come from anyways?" Taichi was trying to stay in character but he still wanted to know the actual answer... "I thought only girls and boys could have real pups, can boys have them with boys too?" Taichi yawned. "Well... Yuu-chan, do you want to explain?" Yu furiously shook his head. "Oh, alright... So... Basically... a girl and a boy have to probably get married and then do something that will create the mama to host a pup in her belly! I shouldn't explain that yet to you without asking the director first, but... You can do that same thing with a boy," Yu couldn't help but notice that Mika glanced at him when he said that, then turning back to Taichi's eyes with slightly flushed cheeks. "A boy can't host a pup in their belly, but! They can do that thing and adopt orphans like us!" Taichi scratched his head and opened his mouth. "No questions now, dear!"

"Okay, but, I don't want to be adopted in real life, I want to stay with you and Yuu and Akane and Chihiro and all of them..." Mika dropped his act for a moment. "Mmh. I know, me neither, but for now we're still together and we'll always still love each other and remember each other, right?" Taichi started to get teary, but he nodded. "I love you, Mika..." He buried his face into Mika's shoulder. Mika for once actually did look rather sad and he gripped Taichi tightly. "I love you too, Taichi. I always will." Taichi kissed Mika's cheek and sniffed. "I don't want to leave you." Mika took his turn and pressed his lips to Taichi's nose. "Me neither, but let's focus on now before we lose these moments, okay? I can't make promises but we're together right now." Yu felt his own heart ache, watching Mika and Taichi. "Can you and Yuu-chan be like my real parents for sometimes? Maybe even when we don't play this game?" Taichi watched Mika as he looked over at Yu. Yu rubbed his eyes and nodded slightly, unsure if Mika could tell. His face was red, and Mika shared a little bit of that color too. "Yeah, I guess we could."

"Do you love each other?" Mika giggled. "We aren't old enough for a lot of that stuff quite yet, but, maybe someday." Taichi smiled and hugged Mika. "Okay, Mika! I can't wait for you and Yuu-chan to be my actual, actual parents in real life!" Mika blushed a bit and held Taichi close to him as he looked over at Yuu. Taichi yawned again and Mika went over to whisper to Yuu. "I'm going to put him to bed! Not real bed quite yet because the war isn't over! But... Our son needs some rest and some food. We can share the rice now, yeah?" Yu rubbed his eyes again. "O-okay... M-Mika..?" He said as soon as Mika began to turn around. "Yeah?"

"I- um... I forgot..." Mika giggled again and went over to set down Taichi into the little bed of blankets and pillows beneath their Pack base table. He wrapped him up in them and went over to put the sauce on the rice with Yu. "Sometimes I feel like a real mother." He smiled and held the rice container for Yu to put the sauce on it steadily. "You guys have a good relationship, don't you?" Mika nodded. "That... That kind of love... Is it- is it good?" Mika looked up at Yu, who, for the first time in a while, had tears streaming silently down his cheeks. He set the rice down and let Yu fall into his arms. "You're a part of us now, Yu... We all love you. Some will love you like a brother, one might love you in- in- that way," he squeezed him, "and some may love you kind of like a father." Yu buried his face into Mika's neck. "I've never known anyone like you... I want to stay here with you... I like this feeling that I have, and I love this orphanage now. I want to know the others better, especially you. I want to be with you forever and I want to change just for you... I know this is probably really weird, and I don't normally act like this, but... I just feel so soft around you, so different." Mika ran his fingers through Yu's hair. "Me too," he whispered barely inaudible, "hey... Why don't you go lay down with our son? This game could go all night, so I'll keep watch for however long, I'll track the Sky Stone too. This is a long one... We missed dinner, basically..! Also, in the night, the thirst and hunger thing doesn't really matter too much, it'll only deduct one point from the hunger or thirst bar." Yu watched Mika as he dragged him under the table right next to Taichi. He and Yu shared a third of the rice bowl together right there, saving the rest for Taichi. When they finished, Mika put his hands where they were cupping Yu's face. "Get some rest, Yuu-chan-!"

"W-wait, Mika... You need rest, too," Yu flushed, tears still clinging to his face. "I'll be fine, Yu! We gotta get extra dessert, at least for your poor stomach and for Taichi! His team rarely wins, anyways, so let's win for him and each other!" Mika said, smiling. Yu felt his face heat up. "O-okay! I'll wake up... In an hour and I'll take over," Yu muttered as he set an alarm on his watch. "Alright, but don't get up if you want to sleep!" Yu smiled and set himself behind Taichi. 'Their son', he kind of liked the sound of that. He repeated this night in his head until he fell asleep, watching Mika carefully, who was looking at him almost lovingly. That last face that Mika made, though, when he practically closed his eyes completely, made him believe that he was already into his dreaming state.

✧ ✧ ✧

   A/N: I nearly spent the whole day making this chapter lolol. Worth it! I have like major feels right now, though, like, I don't know how my own crappy writing made my heart hurt but it did.......? Heeelp I've fallen and I can't get up.....