✧Young and Bold (P. 2)✧

✧MikaYuu Oneshots✧

A/N: Hey! I'm back again with part 2 ^.^ I hope you enjoyed the last part..! It was a lot of fun to write, and in this chapter there will be the same kind of things, I probably will have Mika go to Yu's school as well. uwu (A little last minute warning, there is mention of self-harm and suicide, as well as a blood-drinking part- which idk. Since you've all probably watched the anime or read the manga, you're assumingly used to that..?) Also, vampires will age normally in this fanfic, I hate that they don't age honestly, so I'm gonna just change that. Eh! Here you go- ><

✧ ✧ ✧

~Same settings~

✧ ✧ ✧

Reader's POV

Yu opened his eyes and yawned. It was the middle of the night, and he barely remembered the events from last night. Yu to his side and saw Mika as the memories came back to him. It should be Yu's turn to guard to stones, since he didn't feel very tired, and Mika had already fallen asleep. He checked the clock, which said 3:49 AM, and he'd gone to sleep around 11:00 PM. He stretched his arms and legs and crawled out from underneath the table, careful not to wake Taichi, and went over to Mika's side. He almost prodded him awake so he could move, but Yu didn't feel like doing that. Mika looked so peaceful, his soft blonde hair falling to the side of his pale face, his breathing slow and soft... Yu sighed and gently tried to pick Mika up into his arms. Mika stirred and barely opened his blue eyes to see Yu, who was watching him carefully after he successfully carried him over where he had been sleeping.

"Yu..? What time is it?" He blinked a couple of times and still hadn't fully woken up yet. "It's... 3:51 AM, so... You can go back to sleep. I'll watch over our camp now." Mika smiled sleepily and reached up to fix Yu's wolf ears. "You have school though, I can stay awake." He blinked again and nearly fell asleep right there... "No, you can't. It's okay, I'm not tired anyway... By the way, speaking of school... I know my school is for terrible children like myself, but... I was wondering if you'd like to come? We do learn sometimes, and- I like... Having you around." Mika leaned in toward Yu and hummed. "Maybe, but will you still act up? I do not want to be there with people who could do anything to me or without a decent friend." Decent? He thinks I'm decent?  "I- I don't know, but I won't do anything bad enough- yeah, I'm sure- to get sent away again." Mika giggled. "I might like that... I like having you around, too." Yu felt something different about Mika. He wasn't like the other people he's ever met, he was sweet, he wasn't so judgemental, he was caring, he was smart, he was funny... And to think that Yu would ever think these things about a vampire. He'd grown so quickly to care for Mika and the other kids. Yu felt it, he hated it, he felt himself getting soft for this boy, caring about someone, thinking differently, acting differently. Yu wasn't sure how to handle himself with Mika around. It would be hard to put up the tough guy facade with Mika there, but he honestly didn't care what anyone else thought about him too much. He hated admitting it, but there was no denying that he would rather impress Mika than anyone else.

"Okay, I'll wake you up at 4:30." Mika eyes widened, even in such a sleepy state. "Excuse me but damn... How early does school start..?" Yu smirked and tapped Mika's lips with two fingers. "It actually starts at 6... If you want to sleep longer, I can wake you up around 5:15. You may need to hurry, though." Mika smiled against his fingers and them, making Yu jerk them back as a shiver was sent down his spine. "Yeah, I can get ready pretty fast." He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked at Yu. "O-okay. Just go to sleep! Sometimes I can't figure out whether you're really stupid or overly intelligent." He muttered and Mika laughed softly. "I'm a bit of both." Yu grabbed Mika's arms and pinned him down to the pillows, sitting on top of him. "Woah Yuu-chan, are you trying to make a move on me?" Yuichiro flushed hard and shook his head. "Alright just sleep already! You should get some rest before school, okay?" He felt his ears heat up and he got off of Mika, slyly walking back over to the guarding area. Mika smiled and waved over at him before holding one of the pillows to his chest and falling asleep again. Yu tried hard to make his face cool down, but it just wouldn't.

  ✧ ✧ ✧ 

Yu started to get sleepy as he glanced at the clock that read 4:38 AM. He sighed and kept a close eye on the stones as he went to the closest bathroom- which was only a few feet away- to get ready for the day. Once the hour hand reached 5 AM, Yu crouched under the table and shook Mika gently awake. "Good morning Yuu-chan, is it time for school?" Mika rubbed his eyes and crawled out from under the table and put pillows against Taichi's back so that the warmth wasn't gone. "Yeah. I'll go tell the director that you're going with me today so she can contact them- just keep watch over the stones while I talk to her." Mika nodded and collected some clothing from a drawer and closing it before heading towards the bathroom. "The others should be sleeping anyway. Maybe not, but they'll have to put it on hold while we're out either way!" He closed the door and headed to find the director and tell her about their plans.

  ✧ ✧ ✧ 

"Okay, Mika. This is my school. I-if you think it's too big or anything I can help you out."

"That's what he said," Mika muttered with his casual grin. Smiling wider when Yu rolled his eyes and dragged Mika inside. "Yeah, but there's no way I'm leaving your side. I've never really been to actual school before. Just homeschool and preschool."

"That's fine, I don't want anyone causing trouble with you anyways. Let's go get breakfast and then head to class." Mika nodded and held his grip on Yu's hand. "Oh? Does Yuichiro have a friend?" The boys turned to see Carlanna and Jamie. "No! I think maybe it's an affair?" The girl smirked. Mika raised his eyebrows and glanced at Yu. "No, it's none of your business anyway... Just go away before you regret it, alright?" Yu snapped. Carlanna giggled. "Oi, a vampire," Jamie crossed his arms. "I thought you hated vampires, Amane?" Mika smiled. "Maybe, but I consider myself considerate. Maybe nobody's ever given him a chance before now, and I got to be the lucky one person that did." Carlanna smiled widely and latched onto Mika's arm- "you are very confident! I like my confident boys! You're cute too, won't you let me come over sometime? Maybe into your bed?" Yu threw himself in front of her, forcing her off of Mika. "No way! Go screw with someone else! Anyone else, just not Mika." Yu felt his face heat up again. Damn it! Why does this keep happening?? I can't even control my own body or emotions anymore! "Wow, Yu! You seem to have barely known this guy for too long and you've already slept with him? And you call me a sleeper!" ! This is really getting to me! Yu clutched his stomach. "That's not what I meant! I mean-"

"Yeah... We've slept together a few times." Carlanna's and Jamie's jaws both dropped. "Wait really!?" Yu's heart was quickening fast. "No! Not actually-"

"Yes." Mika stretched his arms above his head. "Hah... It's the best. Yuu-chan's amazing." Jamie scratched his head. "Yuichiro never told us about any intimate relationships..." 

"Well, it's what you wanted to hear wasn't it?" Carlanna put her hands on her hips and stared at Yu. "I can't believe it. Say all of Mika's qualities. Now!" Yu gulped. "Wh-what? I mean..." He glanced at Mika, who was watching him curiously. "He's... Smart, and... Uh- funny, he's kind and caring, and sweet. He's good with kids, he has good strategies for... Everything, he's nice. Mika's just different. It's not like it's intimate like that, I just..." Yu sighed and crossed his arms, walking away to get breakfast for him and Mika before class. "I can't believe you've got a man this perfect, and you're not on him right now." Carlanna crossed her arms as well when Yu came back. "Yeah well he's also very erted." Mika giggled and bit into his orange. "It'd be perfect if this were a blood orange." He the juice out of the orange without opening it and switched to a plum. Jamie sighed and glanced at the clock. "Okay you erts, we're off to class now." They left quickly and Yu sat down, slamming his head into the table. "Mika why on earth did you tell them that?" Mika slid into a chair next to Yu. "It doesn't really matter. You shouldn't care about what they think." That was true. "Whatever, but that was really... An interesting choice of everything you could have said." Mika sighed and pierced one of the small donuts with his fangs. He really found a good use for them. "Come on Yuu-chan. Lighten up a little bit."

  ✧ ✧ ✧ 

"Mika why....." Yu held his face in his hands while he was walking back to the orphanage with Mika. "Because, Yuu-chan. You can't have everyone thinking that you're the baddest guy in high school if you're a sweet and innocent ! That's what you are, but no one else can know that! I'd say I helped you, yeah?" Yu groaned. "I guess yeah, but that's embarrassing! I don't want anyone really knowing about my relationships..!" Mika smirked an arched a brow. "If you don't want anyone to know that you had friends or any of that, how come you invited me to school?"

"Ugh... Maybe because I didn't know that you could be that much of a ert in public. And because... I don't know! I honestly get lonely without you around, and I thought it might not be a big deal..." He huffed and hugged his arms to his chest, away from his rosy face. "Oh, Yuu-chan. I can continue coming to school with you so we can get a new impression of you to others?" Mika smiled and held his hands together behind his back. "Yeah- I don't know about that."

"You did just say that you were lonely without me. Plus, do you want to go to school all alone with that impression of you? Most people our age joke about that kind of stuff anyways, so we can turn it around!" Yu sighed, he was right. He couldn't go to school by himself being so lonely and having people think that he actually was that carelessly experienced in that field. "Mika you have got to be the most unique person alive." Mika giggled and ran up to the orphanage door when they got back. "Taichi!" The child ran up to the door to greet Mika, jumping into his arms as Mika crouched down in front of him. "Mika! We should make our family cool! I think you should be my mommy, Mika, and Yuu-chan could be my papa! What do you think Yuu-chan?" Taichi smiled widely and eagerly watched Yu. "S-sure, if that's good with Mika." Taichi turned to Mika and grinned cutely when he nodded. "Oh, I should probably let you know that there's another out player..!"

"Who is it?"

"Fumie I think." Mika nodded and got pairs of ears out for him and Yu, dropping his backpack at the table before sneakily rounding the corner out of their base. "Wait, Mika!" Yu whisper-yelled and pulled him quickly back into their territory. "I'll go, you're the mother and Taichi needs you. I'll bring back Fumie safe and sound, okay?" Mika grabbed Yu's hands and held them between their bodies. "You come back safe too, my dear. And don't forget the pins..." Mika reached into his pocket and pulled out two of there pack pins, giving them to Yu. Yu's cheeks warmed up from the small distance between them but nodded and quickly set out for Fumie. He quickly attached the pin to his shirt and hid to the side of a bookshelf.

In the end, Yu had gotten 2 hits from one of the pack members when they were fighting over Fumie. He hit the attacker one time and fled back to where Mika and Taichi were. Apparently, when you were hit, you marked the other person's face with a writing utensil. Luckily, Yu was able to safely swipe once with a marker he had in his pocket. To treat the wounds, you just had to get the marks completely off... He snuck carefully the rest of the way and gently placed the claimed Fumie onto a pillow by the table. "Yuu-chan, my love! You're okay! I got worried for a minute... Let's get you taken care of." Mika placed his hands on Yu's cheeks before moving to a cabinet in the bathroom to collect a washcloth and deciding in not cheating and using a bowl of water to wet the cloth. "We drank water and ate chicken for dinner! It was the chicken I'd prepared for this game! I hope you like chicken?" Mika asked as he gently started rubbing the pen ink off of Yu's cheek. "Oh, uh, yeah..." Mika's face was close to Yu's, and Yu could feel his breath, it was warm and part of Yu wanted him to stay that way. Unfortunately for that part of him, Mika moved away before long and set the washcloth on the table. "Okay, you're healed! I'll get you the chicken and water.~" He picked up a bottle of water in the stash that they've collected and handed it to Yu, along with a small bowl of grilled chicken on rice. "Let me know if it's good," Mika smiled and went over to pick up Fumie and put her under the table with Taichi. "Don't tell, but I have a deck of cards hidden in our base. If you want to play with them..?" The two young kids squealed excitedly and Mika ran off to get the cards while Yu ate his dinner. It was the best chicken he's ever eaten... "Mika, did you literally cook this by yourself?" Mika handed the cards to the kids when he came back and ran over to where Yu was at. "Oh, um, yes! I love cooking, I do most of it around here... What about you?" Yu sighed. "It's really good, Mika... Damn..." Mika giggled quietly and looked at Yu with a sweet expression. "But, n-no I can't cook..." Yu wanted to look down but Mika's eyes were just too bright and pure to do so. "I can teach you sometime if you'd like?" He offered and sat next to Yu on the floor, taking Yu's empty bowl into his hand. "Maybe... I'd probably just burn the orphanage down..." Mika put an arm around Yu's shoulder and grinned. "I guess that has a chance of happening, but, hey... At least you can say you tried, huh?" Mika put his head on Yu's shoulder and sighed softly. "I want to experience everything imaginable with you, Yuu-chan. I really want to know you even better and be really good friends with you, I really like you, Yuu-chan..."

Mika hugged Yu tightly and had a tint of a sad tone in his voice. Everything imaginable. Yu felt himself heat up for the trillionth time today but ignored it. "Mika..? Mika, what's up?" Yu put an arm under Mika's and used his other hand to lift Mika's face. His sad expression quickly formed into his usual and happy one and he shook his head. "I'm fine, Yuu-chan! Nothing's up." He grinned and started to stand before Yu pulled him back down gently. "Mika... Something's wrong... Tell me, Mika, please." Mika's expression fell for once it seemed. He turned away from the two kids. "I-I... I don't know... Nobody's ever acted like I have feelings before recent times. Outside of the orphanage, my family abused me, I was bullied by everyone, I never had friends, I got made fun of, I was always in pain, no one ever liked me... There's just never been someone like you in my life. You're the same age as me, you're a changing boy like me, you seem to have flaws as I do... You're actually nice to me of all the people I've known of my age, you at least act as if you care about me... Even if you don't, it still seems that way and that's enough for me..." Mika smiled a painful one and tears silently spilled out from his pretty blue eyes, making them glisten even brighter. He didn't sob or sniff or make an emotion-filled expression. He just looked like an empty being with large tears falling like rain. "M-Mika... I... I'm sorry... I had no idea..." Yu's heart nearly stopped. Mika was sad? He'd thought that Mika never felt sad, and this sure as hell came as a shock to him. He brought his arms around Mika and hugged him tightly. "I do care about you, Mika. I care about you so much. I've hated people all my life, and especially vampires. Before I knew you, I scoffed at the thought of you, I couldn't accept that I would have to know you. When you invited me to be your friend, my whole life changed for the better. I've contemplated so many things before I met you. Mika... I don't know how to describe this... You're my first real friend, you're the first person I've ever cared about, the first person who's ever liked me, the first person who's ever encountered me to talk to me like a friend... You are the sweetest person of anyone I've ever even dreamed could exist, the funniest person I could possibly think of, and you've got to be smarter than the greatest mathematicians of all time... I swear. You're like the greatest thing in the world to even exist..." Yu felt a few tears escape his own eyes. "Mika, I..." Now Yu didn't cry elegantly as Mika did... Nope! He started to somewhat quietly sob into Mika's shoulder as he shakily held onto him, letting his tears fall onto Yu's shirt as well. "I-I'm so sorry Mika..." Yu caught his breath and pulled back to look at Mika. "I'm so sorry..." Mika smiled softly. "No, Yuu-chan, it's okay... Thank you..." He whispered and put his hands into Yu's, looking back up at Yu. "Thank you for being my friend." Yu cupped Mika's cheeks and smiled. "Thanks for being mine." Mika pulled him in for another hug and they sat that way for a little bit. "Mika... I- I hope you don't mind me asking, but... I'm getting worried now- do you attempt to kill yourself or hurt yourself? Ever?" Yu's eyes widened as he asked... He didn't want to know, but he knew he should ask. "I- I... Tried to kill myself once last year and once the year before. I've cut my legs a lot, and my arms... I partially do that for my own thirst... I hate being a vampire. I hate myself, but... At least I have people I care about. I haven't tried to kill myself ever since I realized that fact. Now that you're here, that gives me more reason not to do that. I won't lie when I say that I don't want to live, but... I can't stand the thought of not seeing my family anymore." Mika looked at Yu, who was scanning his shirt. "I bite my legs and my arms, and my hands."

"Mika, never hurt yourself again. Never... Please..." Yu begged as tears began to form in his eyes again. He closed them tightly and pressed Mika's hands on his, looking for the bite marks. There were tiny pricks all over them. "I-I'm cowardly so I don't always do it too hard..." He looked down. Yu lifted Mika's sleeves and saw quite a few cuts on the insides and outsides of both arms along with a ton of bite marks. Some of the cuts and bites had bruises, and some of them were deeper than others. "When were the last two times you hurt yourself?" Mika shut his eyes tightly and bent over a little. "T-today after lunch, I cut and bit my arms in the bathroom, and this morning, before we left I did the same." Yu squeezed Mika's hands, trying not to hurt him but trying to comfort him enough as well... "Don't cut or bite yourself ever again, promise me, Mika."

"I- I can't... I need blood, and I don't know how else to get it... I never drank from a human before... If I do, I'll become a full vampire, Yuu-chan." Yu shook his head angrily and put his hands on Mika's face. "No. I don't care, drink from me... Just don't hurt yourself."

"No, Yuu-chan!" Mika whisper-yelled. "I can't do that to you! I would never hurt you for me. I couldn't." Yu pulled down his collar. "Please, Mika, I'm begging you... Please. I... I really care about you, Mika, and I really want you to drink from me if you won't hurt yourself. I would die for you, you're the first person I've ever cared about, and even though I love everyone else here, you're just different. I feel the want and the need to be by your side, Mika... So please, for me, drink." Yu's tone dropped dead serious and his expression had so many emotions at once, it pained Mika to think by now. His blood smelled so good, and he was getting thirsty, even more need was grabbing his throat by the second. "I can't..." Mika protested and shook his head. "Mika, I can't do this... Drink, please!" Yu shut his eyes and grabbed onto Mika, pulling him up against him, his lips pressed to the front of his neck. "Yuu-chan... It's really weird..." Mika shifted and hesitantly Yu's neck, then slowly sinking his fangs in. Yu held tight onto Mika as Mika gently took blood from Yu. Yu sighed as Mika started to lift his fangs out of Yu's neck. Mika carefully the extra blood up and Yu flinched. It... Kind of felt good. It stung, but Yu enjoyed being so close to Mika. Mika gasped- "Yuu-chan- I- I'm sorry..." Mika covered his mouth. "Don't be, Mika, it- it kind of... Felt- it felt- g-good..." Yu flushed yet again but smiled and held onto his neck, Mika did the same but kept his hand close to his mouth. "I should help fix it now-"

"No, it's okay. U-um can you maybe just come to school with me from now on..? So that... So that maybe you can do it there too?" Yu covered his mouth and Mika smiled. Yu could tell it was different. He noticed his now red eyes, but he didn't care. They matched him just as perfectly and they were like a beautiful shade of blood-colored wine... Other than that, his smile seemed more emotional. Yu always loved his smile even before, but this one was just so gorgeous and adorable as hell... Mika nodded in response to his question and looked down to his hands. "Will you stop hurting yourself? For me?" Yu ran his fingers through Mika's hair and rubbed Mika's back with the other hand. He felt Mika nod and relief washed over him. "I promise, Mika, that I'll do anything to make sure that you're safe and happy, okay? I care so much about you... I never knew I was capable of ever feeling this soft for someone. You've done so much to me, and so much for me. I'm amazed by how much you've changed my life. Mika, you're perfect in every way, okay? I'll do anything for you, I'll change all of my ways for you, Mika. I..." Yu sighed and looked at Mika once again. "Love you." Mika's eyes were teary and his expression showed both slight shock and confusion. "You... Love me..?" Yu nodded. "D-don't make it weird or anything! I just... Really care about you and I would do anything for you," Yu tried to hide his embarrassment and stood up, grabbing Mika's hand gently and pulling him up. But before Mika could speak, Yu went underneath the table with the kids, leaving Mika standing there in utter confusion. Love? That was such a foreign word. No one has ever said they loved him. Of course, he's heard it when he was out on the streets and on television, but never had it been said to him until now. The other orphans hardly came in contact with the word either, and barely had a clue for what it meant, so it was never said by any of them.

Mika held his face in his hands and ran into the bathroom. He was crying again. These weren't tears of pain, but they were of slight happiness and pure amazement. He searched through the cabinets under the sink, finding his stash of small sharp objects in the corner. Mika tried not to sob this time, it was hard. He slipped on some rubber gloves and picked up the objects, wrapping them in paper towels and throwing them into the trash. He placed the rubber gloves back in the cabinet and Mika smiled; because he really did have a reason to live. Someone loved him. Fake care was enough to satisfy him, but real love was something to shatter his pained heart and put it back together again. He fell against the wall and slid down onto the tile floor. "I'm such a moron," he smiled to himself and hugged his knees. He sat in there for a while, trying to calm himself down, but it wasn't really working. There was a soft knock on the door and Mika stayed seated where he was, silently, forgetting what you'd say at a time like this. "Mika? Are you alright?" Mika's heart skipped a beat. But why? Mika clutched his heart and opened the door only enough for Yu. He stepped in and Mika shut the door. "I'm actually great Yu," he sniffed and grinned for real. "I threw away all of the sharp objects, other than the nail clippers, the razor, and the scissors, which everyone would need." Yu smiled and looked into Mika's eyes for a minute before pulling Mika in for an embrace. Mika leaned back against the wall and threw his arms around Yu's neck, beginning to feel himself heat up. Yu lifted Mika's legs instinctively around his waist and pressed himself completely against Mika. "You really love me?" Mika giggled and rested his head against Yu's. Yu nodded, his eyes slowly falling a little below Mika's. Mika lost all sense of reason then, he looked down at Yu's lips... He glanced one time up into his forest-like eyes before his lips quickly and leaning in to close the gap between them.

Yu smiled against Mika's lips. After a few seconds, Yu pulled away. "I love you in a lot of ways, Mika." He reconnected his lips to Mika's. "I'm sorry, I can't help it... This is just too amazing for me to handle. You're too amazing," Yu grinned and put his hands into Mika's hair again. Mika giggled his typical laugh, but this time it seemed... Brighter. Neither of them could believe what was happening, and Yu leaned down to kiss Mika for the third time, gently moving his hands down to tug on Mika's shirt.

"-okay!" The door opened and Taichi walked in, Fumie froze in the doorway. Taichi's face lit up when he saw Yu and Mika. His eyes dawned with realization. "You are like my real mommy and daddy!" He grinned as Fumie giggled with a rosy blush on her cheeks. "Ohhh... Is that the thing that you do to make puppies?" Taichi asked.

  ✧ ✧ ✧ 

A/N: Lolol- I'll be back. (Cue the Hamilton music) Ye- I'm probably done with angst for this story as I at it!! ;; Eee I felt like this chapter was super weird but idk... owo