Jae

Encounter

Chapter 4

Jennie

I just had a talk with the company’s CEO and thankfully the rumors are under control. I still had my endorsements and my upcoming activities and the fans actually had a warm response to my dating rumors. Some even say that they ship us. I guess the fans like the fact that we kinda look good together. I guess him being one of the most awarded singer songwriter producer kinda makes it easy for the fans to accept. They actually trend something on twitter saying Hanbin should take care and love me. Lol. If they only knew.

So its official, I am now in a fake relationship with Hanbin. Speaking of him, after he dropped me at Jisoo unnie’s apartment, we hadn’t had the chance to talk again. I don’t know if he’s busy or if I am the one who’s busy. We have a lot to talk about though, the rules in this fake relationship and how our love story started. I’m sure I am gonna be bombarded with those questions soon.

With a sigh, I left the company and get on my car. I asked my manager to leave me be alone today. I knew where I needed to be.

I smiled as I saw him. With a nod I went straight to my “usual” seat which is the farthest in the café, where no one could possibly see me (unless they were actually looking for me). I took a seat and waited for my barista friend to show up.

“Someone’s dating and didn’t even bother to tell me.” He pouted and I sensed that he’s sulking. I threw him a tissue and laugh. “Like seriously Jennie, I had to find out through the net. And here I thought we were friends.”

“Jaewon don’t you think you are being dramatic? I just…I mean…it’s just really complicated.” I matched his pout with my puppy eyes.

“Weirdo, you really tried that puppy eyes look when you’re out here looking like a snobbish cat. *laughs* so the usual?”

I waved my hands at his face as if saying no.

“Nah I’ll make my own coffee. I need a little peace and I get that through making coffees.”

“You do know that you at it though?”

“Oh shut up.”

We make way to the coffee counter to make my coffee.

“Is he nice to you?”

“Yeah, don’t you know who I am? My standards are up the sky.”

He playfully nudged me.

“Is that why I didn’t make the cut?”

I grinned and play along with him.

“Oh please, aren’t you the emotionally unavailable guy? COME ON Jae. I practically flirted with you the same week we met.”

He laughs and I am taken back to the time where I met him. It was my first time being alone in a bar. It was the night I broke up with Hanbin.

A drunkard in the bar who sits just beside me in the bar counter and kept handing me drinks. That’s how I met Jaewon, apparently his girlfriend cheated on him and chose the other guy. We just clicked, he ranted how girls noticed a lot of the guys’ shortcomings in a relationship and I ranted about how guys don’t know how to listen. And we occasionally met in that bar to talk about what went wrong in our past relationships. Funny thing is I thought he could be my rebound and I am his. But we were just friends in the end. I helped him to get on with his life and helping him actually made me help myself too. Now he’s done being the drunkard that he was and runs a café now. He’s actually one of the few people who gets me and doesn’t judge me despite all my flaws and I’m really thankful for that.

“Oh really, maybe I didn’t took the chance back then cause I know you’re not over your ex.”

We laughed at each other’s banters.

“But on a serious note J, you’re over him? Now that you’re dating someone?”

“It’s him Jae, the one I broke up with two years ago. That guy is Kim Hanbin.”

I saw him paused for a moment. Is he jealous, mad or I don’t know? The thing with Jae and I is that we are so protective of each other. Maybe because we saw each other’s pain and help ourselves as we got over it. I probably don’t know how to react if his ex comes back. So I fully understand him.

“Still him huh?”

He went back on making coffee and his back is facing me. I hugged him tight as I could.

“You do know that you’re the best guy friend right?”

I can feel his shoulders shaking as he laughs.

“I know. I’m the best so he better not screw everything up and hurt you again or I’ll come for him.”

I just nodded. If you only know Jae. It’s just fake and it’ll probably end soon anyway.

“Show me the coffee you make and I’ll be the judge.”

I handed him my coffee and he looks at me as if I’m crazy.

“And what is this supposed to be?”

“What do you mean WHAT, that is a cat.” I yelled as I pointed on my latte art.

“It doesn’t seem like it and- OUCH JENNIE KIM STOP HITTING ME.”

 

 

 

Hanbin

So it’s been two days since I asked Jennie to be my girlfriend again. Well kind of. I remember being taken aback as I saw her cry in that party. I’m not a hypocrite, I know she’ll be there for sure. It’s a Chanel event. And in this country Chanel equates to Jennie. I’m so proud of her though, that was her dream since before. And now she’s the Global Ambassador of her dream brand.

I had a talk with my bestfriend Bobby before the party. He told me Jennie’s gonna be at the party and if I want closure I probably should get it from her. I wanted to get that closure. Our break up was nowhere beautiful. It's messy, a lot of angry words were thrown at each other, a lot of tears were shed. And with that I decided maybe I should talk to her one last time. So it'll be the end. So maybe I can stop writing brokenhearted songs. Maybe I’ll stop longing for that girl who left me and I can finally move on. That was the plan. It was until I saw her cry.

It’s weird how she still has the same effect on me as it was two years ago. Seems like the universe was trying to tell him something when the dating rumors came out. And there I took my chance. I’ll try to get her back and be the boyfriend I wasn’t to her years ago.

These two days I’ve been staying in my studio trying to put my feelings on a song. I wrote WYD thinking of her.  (Author’s note: Listen to the song guys. WYD by Ikon)

 

What’re you doing today?
What’re you doing tomorrow?
I miss you
I want you
I miss you
Cuz I’m lonely lonely yeah

Where are you? You busy?
I just thought of you
I wanted to hear your voice
So I just called you
You know your way through a guy’s heart
That’s why you’re playing games with me
The door to my heart for you
Is an automatic door
So just come in
Don’t push and pull

I’m struggling in a dream called you
Though I hate myself like this
I wanna know more
Are you thinking about me right now?

What’re you doing today?
What’re you doing tomorrow?
I miss you
I want you
I miss you
Cuz I’m lonely lonely yeah
Yeah girl you provoke all parts of me baby
I just wanted to tell you straight up
Shawty
I know
I’m just one out of the many divers
In your aquarium baby
I just wanna surf on your wavy body
Your heart is like the ocean, it’s too deep
Dab
Just empty your head
Make a memory of being young and wild girl

I’m struggling in a dream called you
Though I hate myself like this
I wanna know more
Are you thinking about me right now?

What’re you doing today?
What’re you doing tomorrow?
I miss you
I want you
I miss you
Cuz I’m lonely lonely yeah

I’m laying alone on my bed
But I can’t fall asleep oh oh
I wanna fall deeper for you
I wanna feel your breath from closer


What’re you doing today?
What’re you doing tomorrow?
I miss you
I want you
I miss you
Cuz I’m lonely lonely yeah
Good night
Good night

 

I might go crazy so I need to see her. I took a shower and put on clothes immediately.

I miss her so bad.

I called Jisoo to ask where Jennie was.

 

“You know Hanbin I know what you’re trying to do okay?”

“Just let me be, I’m trying to make things right.”

“You better or we’ll beat you up.”

“We? So Jennie has another friend who will beat me up?”

“Yeah. So you better watch out. Anyway she’s at One’s Café. And Kim Hanbin?”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t make her cry again please.”

“I won’t this time.”

 

I stopped by a flower shop to get her her favorite tulips. I smiled as I make my way to the café. This is actually cozy. She’s a er for aesthetically beautiful places. If I hadn’t known who’s the owner I’d think Jennie designed this coffee shop herself.

 

I was so excited to see her until.

 

“Jae that’s a cat I swear. Don’t you see it?”

“A cat? this looks nowhere like a cat J.”

 

Jennie pouted and the guy in front of her hugged Jennie.

“Fine! If you say it’s a cat then it’s a cat.”

She’s still pouting at him.

 

I don’t get it. What the is happening? Who is this guy? Why do I feel like beating someone up?

 

“Babe.”

 I called Jennie loudly.

 

“Hey? How do you know this place?”

She let go of hugging that prick and went to my side.

 

“Let’s go we have a date.”

“WHAT?”

 

“Let’s go babe.”

“But I’ll introduce you first to Ja-“

 

“I said let’s go Jennie.” And with that I pulled her hand.