How are you really this past two years?

Encounter

 

Prologue


2012
Hanbin


It was my first time to attend a fashion show and I don’t know what to expect. All I know that is my girlfriend is going to kill it.


I sat at the front row, feeling giddy as I reach for my camera to take pictures of her. 


“Here she is. God, she is so pretty. Is jennie kim really my girlfriend?” that thought was running through his head as he keeps taking pictures of his girlfriend.


She really is good in modeling and he knows that one day she’ll really make it big.


As he keeps snapping pictures he noticed that the old man beside him was taking picture of Jennie too. Feeling proud he muttered.


“She’s really good at modeling right, that’s my girlfriend by the way.” He was grinning ear to ear. Damn it feel so good to tell people that.


“Oh really, I’m his father. Nice to meet you young man. What is your name?”


His grin disappeared as his nervousness takes over.


“I’m Kim Hanbin sir.” He suddenly stood up and bowed to Jennie’s dad. He noticed that he chuckled lightly and pulled him back to seat.


“We are in the middle of fashion show kid, sit down. And I’ll interrogate you later.”


He saluted at her father but later realized that it was uncool so he just let out an awkward & nervous laugh.

 


“Let’s talk about everything over dinner young man.” He lightly tapped my shoulders and all I can think right now is “I’m gonna kill you later jennie kim, you didn’t even tell me your father is here.

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Jennie 


I’m at a chanel fashion show and I’m about to walk in the runway. I chuckled as I remember the memory from my first runway show, Hanbin meeting my dad for the first time was hilarious. I let out a good laugh and got numerous strange looks from my make-up artist and stylist.

 


Ugh! Right, why was I reminiscing about that? Kim Hanbin is my ex. And I’m over him. It’s been two years since we broke up and I’ve never been better.


“Jennie you ready?”
“You mean are they ready for me?”

 


*

The after party kicked off right away and I’m now faced with alcohol. Halfway through the party, my model friend jung hoyeon suddenly asked “Is that Kim Hanbin?”


I suddenly felt nervous all over.


“Hey jennie you okay? And please drink slowly, you’re gonna get yourself drunk.”


“Nobody is answering me!!! Is that Kim Hanbin, the famous songwriter and producer? Wow he is cute.”
I looked at where Hoyeon unnie is pointing.


And it’s him.


It’s Kim Hanbin.


I haven’t seen him since our messy break up. And I must say, he looked even more handsome, if that’s even possible. After the break up, I went into modeling and acting, he focused on his music and now he is one of the youngest songwriter-producer in music industry. I am happy for him, truly. But I always wonder, what he was doing for the last two years and what inspired him to write all those songs. Was it me? Was it still me or there’s another girl now?

 


My eyes teared slightly at the thought and I drank the alcohol too quickly that it burned my throat. My model friends laughed at me. 


“Serves you right for drinking mine, .”


Hoyeon and Irene nudged me lightly.


“Hey, we are just messing with you. Are you okay?”


I tried to smile at them and made my excuse.


“Must be the alcohol, I’m gonna go to the restroom first.”


My head was pounding lightly as I made my way to the restroom. I looked myself in the mirror.


“God Jennie Kim, why are you affected? It’s been two years! Also, you are the one who ended it, remember?! WHY IS THIS BOTHERING ME SO MUCH?”

 


After the much needed pep talk I had with myself, I walked outside the restroom and came face to face with Kim Hanbin.


OHMYGOD.


I tried to walk on the other way to avoid him.


“Is that what it is now, not even a hi?”
“Uhm hi? Right. Okay bye.”


What the did I say? What was that?


I hurriedly walk but he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.


“WHAT?!” I snapped.


“I see you’re still easily annoyed.” He smiled at me. That familiar smile. My heart ache for a bit.


“What do you want?” I pushed him lightly. I feel like the ground is moving now, am I that drunk?


“To say hi, to ask how you are doing.” He held both my shoulders and examined me. “Wait jennie are you okay?”


I touched my pounding head and looked at Hanbin.


“Yeah, I’m just gonna go home.”


“Do you have a driver?”


“ off, stop trying to be nice!”


I pushed him too hard that I lost my balance and now I’m sitting on the floor.


“Why do you care? We already broke up.” This time I’m in tears and I don’t even know why.


“So jennie kim, how are you for the past two years?” I broke down at his question.


How am I really?


A successful actress and a model. I had it all. Fame, wealth, recognition but I lost you. So I don’t know really know how I’ve been these past two years.
Hanbin sat in front of me and hugged me. And with that, I cried even more.