Babe

Encounter

Chapter 3

Jennie

We are in front of my apartment building when we noticed that reporters are camping outside the entrance. Damn these nasty reporters. Always thirsty for gossips.

“Jennie?”

I got out of my trance when Hanbin called my name. Right, he drove me home and now we are at his car. Was he saying something? Gosh, I am recently a mess when I’m him.

“Huh, you were saying something?”

He put his hand on his chin and looks quizzically at me. He then smiled at me. Okay what was that?

“I just realized I have been speaking the whole time and you were not listening.”

I pouted at him.

“But I’m listening now? Come on tell me.”

“I said, it’s probably not good for you to go inside your apartment since there are so many reporters...”

“And?”

He’s wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“How about you stay another night at my place again?”

I raised my eyebrows at him and he immediately said “or not. I was just suggesting anyway.”

“Can you drive me to Jisoo unnie’s place instead?”

“Does she still live in the same area?”

Oh, right. He doesn’t know Jisoo unnie moved. I still remember how inseparable Hanbin and Jisoo was. They’re like bestfriends who likes to clown me. And me? I got close to Bobby, Hanbin’s bestfriend. But now I have no idea how’s he doing.

“You’re doing it again, spacing out.”

I told him Jisoo unnie’s address but before he starts the car he turned to me and said something.

“I was serious about what I said.”

“About what?” *play dumb Jennie*

He gave me a side eye and I instantly laughed, he looks cute.

“And I already told you that it’s okay, the rumors are gonna die down. Just give it days or weeks.”

“But what are you gonna tell your manager, or the company?”

“I’ll deal about it okay? Leave it alone.”

“This is what I find annoying about you, you always try to deal with everything alone.”

“Because it doesn’t concern you! I told you already that it’s fine. Two years later and you still don’t know how to listen.”

Hanbin let out a huge sigh. He’s pissed. He always does that when he’s trying to calm himself down.

“Two ing years later and we’re still fighting.”

“Well, it isn’t my fault or is it Hanbin?”

Our fight got interrupted as I heard screams and flashes of camera towards us. Holy what is happening?

“Hanbin just drive please.” He must have sensed the urgency in my voice as he started driving.

It’s been 15 minutes of silence until I noticed that the car stopped. I take a look outside and it looks like we’re at a park. Glancing at Hanbin, I noticed that he looks annoyed, somewhat worried. He always has that look on his face whenever something scares me.

“Where are we?”

I hold the car door and about to open it when he stopped me.

“I don’t think it’s safe to go outside.”

I nodded, completely understanding the situation.

“You okay Jen?”

“They probably got a picture of your face now.”

“I asked you if were okay Jen. Are you okay?”

 

Am I okay? This is weird because I actually feel at peace at the moment. Is it because I’m confident about my career status, confident that my fans will be there or is it because after two long years, the person who always provides me peace is beside me right now.

“Hanbin I’ll take care of this. I’ll tell the media everything. I’ll explain everything to my company. Somehow I know that I will make it so you don’t need to take responsibility.”

He held my hand and I didn’t stop it.

“Jen when I said I’ll take responsibility I mean it. And also isn’t the reason you left and ended our relationship is because of your career. You’re not stupid Jen, this rumor will hit your career.”

“But-“

“We can say once is a coincidence but getting caught twice is hard to deny isn’t it?”

He rubs my hand as he looks at me. He is smiling at me while his eyes glistening. Just what is going on in that head of your Kim Hanbin.

I returned his smile.

“So what is your proposal exactly Mr. Kim Hanbin?”

He raised our hands and intertwined it. I felt my heart skip a beat and it’s getting hard to breathe all of a sudden.

“Date me until the rumors die and let’s end it beautifully.”

Sigh. He looks absolutely handsome right now.

“In front of the media… for your career. So what do you say Jen?”

Maybe I should give it a chance? Fake relationship for my real happiness. Without any thought of hesitation, I grabbed our intertwined hands and kissed his. He laugh as he got my answer.

“So babe, where should we go now?”

Babe. It’s been two years since I last called him that. It feels nice.

Hanbin smiles at me, and somehow everything is okay.

“Anywhere you want babe.”