My New Housemate?

Aiming For Your Love

 “Bye Umma!!” I yelled after putting on my shoes. Then, I run outside while shoving the bread that I took on the dining table into my mouth. This is the first time that I woke up late. Last night, I was busy playing Truth and Dare with Dara at her house, and talked about some students in my school until the clock struck 10.

 

And yes, when I got home, I got an earful of babbling from Umma. Finally, I slept in late, and now here I am, running like a sprinter to my school.

 

When I reached my locker, I immediately take my books and runs towards my class.

 

“You’re late!” Mrs. Lee yelled when I finally reached the classroom. I panted, and apologize. “I’m really sorry, Mrs. Lee. It won’t happen again.” I said.

 

“Since this is the first time you’re late, I forgive you. Don’t let it happen again. Go to your seat.” Mrs. Lee said, and continues her teaching.

 

As I walk towards my seat, I could see Jiyong looking at me. When I passed his seat, I fastened my pace. And finally, I sit down.

 

“Bommie-yah! Why are you late?” Dara whispers to me while I was searching for my Chemistry books. “I slept in late because of Umma’s never-ending nagging. Don’t ask. I’m still dizzy from too much running.” I replied, whispering as well. After a minute of hearing Mrs. Lee talking about some chemical reactions, I fell asleep.

 

I personally thought that Chemistry is boring, as in deadly boring. Why in the world we have to learn about atoms? It’s just a random circle thingy that we have to draw on exam. Whatever. I’m going to dreamland right now.     

 

 Finally, I hear the school bell rings, indicating that Chemistry’s period has finally ended. I woke up and wipe my drool with a tissue. I look to my left and Dara’s not there. Ehh?? Where did she gone to?

 

“So, is it fun sleeping there?” I heard a voice, no; scratch that, a man’s voice. I look in front of me, and Jiyong is looking at me, smirking.

 

I just rolled my eyes, and take out my English book. It’s better to learn about Shakespeare than talking with the guy in front of me.

 

“What do you want from my friend?” Suddenly I hear Dara’s voice beside me. I love you so much Dara-yah!!! I shout in my heart. I will say it to her later.

 

Dara sits, and narrowing her eyes at Jiyong. “No, I’m just curious. Can she speak?” There comes Jiyong’s reply that makes my blood boils.

 

I wish I could magically become a giant and squish him like a cockroach with my shoes. I flip open the next page of the textbook harshly.

 

“No, she can speak, but only good people could hear it. Just go do your own work and stop asking weird questions, can you?” Dara finally said.

 

Jiyong just shrugged, before looking at me one last time and turns to his front.

 

Sheesh!! At least, after school, I won’t see him again.

 

                                                                  ++++++++++++++

 

      As usual, I walk home. Dara is so lucky, because she has her dad to pick her up from school, even though her house is near. And me? I have asked Umma before about this, and this is her answer:

 

“What?! Picking you up from school? It’s only wasting my energy and money. Don’t you know that oil’s price is getting higher each day? Besides, the school is not too far. You can walk. Don’t you know that walking can make you lose weight?” and blah blah blah.

 

Since that day, I’ve never mentioned anything about picking me up from school ever again. 

 

When I arrived at my house, I immediately go upstairs. I don’t know why, but I don’t feel great today. It’s as if something bad is going to happen.

 

And my intuition had never gone wrong.

 

That night, I have just finished my homework and just chilling in my room while wearing my Hello Kitty pajamas, when I heard Umma calling for me.

 

“Bommie-yah!! Get down for a second and help me!” Umma shouted from downstairs. I rushed downstairs, and guess what?

 

Kwon Jiyong is standing in my living room, with a luggage beside him.

 

Okay. What is actually happening here? Why is he bringing a luggage to my house? Is he running away from home? I just stand beside Umma, and looking at him with a blank stare.

 

“Bommie-yah, show Jiyong where his room is.” Umma instructed. Wait, what?! Is he staying here? I just walk upstairs. He follows me, while dragging his luggage.

 

“Where’s the guest room?” He asks. I didn’t utter a single word to him, and just continue my walk towards the guest room.

 

Finally, we have reached the guest room which is just beside mine.

 

I open the door and point inside the room, showing that that’s his room from now on. I am just about to walk away and ask Umma what the hell had happened, when Jiyong suddenly grabs my hand, preventing me to walk away.

 

“It’s you? Is it really you? Why didn’t you speak to me just once?” He asks. I can hear the sadness in his voice, but I think it’s only my imagination.

 

“I’ve never talked to you before either. So why should I talk to you now?” I replied, while struggling to free my hand from his grasp.

 

His grasp becomes weaker the moment he heard my answer, and I walks away.

 

“Umma! Why didn’t you tell me that we have a guest staying at this house?” I ask Umma while joining her sitting at the couch.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you about it before. Jiyong will be staying with us for three months, because his parents had some business in Japan. I hope you can be friends with him.” Umma answered, much to my dislike.

 

I kiss Umma’s cheek before going upstairs to sleep. It has always been my habit. Before I go to sleep, I will drink a glass of warm milk and kiss Umma’s cheek before going to bed.

 

So, this means that I will be living under the same roof with the guy that I hated the most?

 

Oh my God!


A/N: I'm on vacation today, so I decided to update now!! ^^ I've been reading all of your comments, and I really glad you all like this fic!!

       @Gina33: Yes, Jiyong do like her in the first place. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

       @Luxshh: Thank you!! ^^

       @icegirl: Tell me how did you think about this chapter then! ^_^

       @hellokimchi: Thanks a lot for subscribing to this fic!! *hugs*

       @TabisanGbom: I have updated!! :-)

And.... go to the next chapter!!

Enjoy this double update, you guys!!!