The Thing We Called Fate

Aiming For Your Love

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kwon Jiyong. I hope I can make new friends here.” The boy said in front of the class.

 

Dear God, can you just take my life right here, right now? I try to blink repeatedly, hoping that that boy is just my imagination. But after blinking a hundred times, that boy named Kwon Jiyong is still standing in front of the class, smiling at everyone like an idiot.

 

I feel the strongest urge to punch his face right now. How can he come back, after humiliating me in front of everyone?! Remembering that moment, my eyes began to sting. Oh no. I’m about to cry right now.

 

Suddenly, Dara gets up and walks towards Mrs. Cho and asks her something. Then, she comes at me and says, “Let’s go. I have asked Mrs. Cho to let us go to the ladies’ room.”

 

I was dumbfounded. But still, I follow her.

 

In the ladies’ room, I look at the mirror and the tears started to fall down. Dara stands beside me and my back. “I know you were about to cry in the class just now. That’s why I asked for Mrs. Cho’s permission to go here.” She says.

 

“Dara-yah… why did he comes back? Did he want me to go crazy? I don’t understand, Dara-yah… Help me…” I said in between sobs. Dara just looks at me, unable to say a word. “I don’t know.”

 

After a while, my feeling has become much better, and I decided to go back to class. When I walk inside the class, I see the most shocking thing in my life.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong is now sitting at the place in front of my desk.

 

 

I look at Dara, and I can see from her expression that she’s shock as well. I walk to one of my classmate, and ask her, “Why does that new guy sits there?” She just shrugged, and answers, “Well, it’s the only empty desk in this class.”

 

When I hear her answer, I feel like my world has come crashing down. I go back to my desk loosely. When we both have sits down, that Kwon Jiyong guy turns to his back and looks back and forth between me and Dara.

 

“Is it me, or I have seen both of you before?” He asks all of a sudden.

 

I pretend to take out the books from my bag. Dara fake a smile at him, and her answer makes me want to laugh.

 

“I don’t know. In commercial, perhaps? Because a lot of people told us that we are SNSD’s-look-a-likes.” She answers with a poker face.

 

I bit my inner cheeks, to avoid myself from laughing. Jiyong’s expression suddenly changes.

 

“Okay… I want to check my bag for a moment.” He says then swiftly turns to the front. Dara looks at me and wiggles her eyebrows. Her face looks like she wanted to laugh as well.

 

                                                                                 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

      “Bye, Bommie-yah! See you tomorrow!!” Dara yelled to me from afar, before she gets in her car. I just smile at her and wave back. Then, I continue my walk. As I walk, I felt like someone is following me. Weird scenarios start to play in my mind.

 

I turn to the back, and saw the second most frightening scene in my life. The first one is when I first saw the film Ju-On, but that’s another story.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong is walking behind me.

 

 

What the hell is he doing here anyway? Wait… does he remembers me? Nay, I think he doesn’t. He wouldn’t remember an ugly girl like me.

 

“What?” He suddenly asks, after realizing that I was looking at him like he’s some ert.

 

 I shook my head and walks faster. I don’t want to utter any word in front of him.

 

Suddenly, he runs in front of me and stops. What the hell is he doing right now?! This f.cking stupid guy!!! I had to stop walking, because he practically blocks my path.

 

“Are you mute or something? I’ve never hear you speak.” He suddenly says, while looking right into my eyes.

I just rolled my eyes and steps on his right foot, hard.

 

“Ouch!! That hurts!” He yells, and bends down to touch his foot.

 

I take the advantage to run away. Why should I speak to him anyway? It’s not like he’s a singer or anything, to begin with.

 

Then, I arrive at my house. I quickly open the gate and get inside. “Oh, you’re back? Come here and help me when you have freshened up.” Umma said when I passed by the kitchen.

 

I just replied, “Okay, Umma!” while running upstairs.

 

After I had freshened up, I go downstairs to help Umma with her cooking. “Here, help me cut this carrot and after that, cut the fish.” Umma instructed, to which I just nodded.

 

“Umma, are we having a guest tonight? There’s so many food.” I asked her while I prepare the table. For all I knew, I shouldn’t have asked that question.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. Mrs. Kwon and her family will come here tonight to have a dinner with us.” Umma answered.

 

This is the time when I felt the strongest urge to just pack my bags and run away to the South Pole. I guess it’s better to live with polar bears than with humans. At least, polar bears don’t speak and annoyed the hell out of me.

 

“Uhm… Umma, I have planned to go studying with Dara tonight. I don’t think I can join the dinner.” I said meekly, while hoping that Umma would take that lame excuse.

 

Umma looks at me; she seemed to be thinking about it. “It’s okay. Just go.” Umma replied.

 

I smiled widely, and rushed upstairs to call Dara.

 

“Dara-yah!! Can I come to your place tonight? Just tell your parents that we’re studying. Okay? Please…” I pleaded.

 

“Hmm… okay. Besides, my parents are out of town tonight.” Dara replies. “I love you!! Thanks Dara-yah!” I said excitedly and ended the call.

 

I take my school bag and shove any books I saw into it. I sit on my bed and look at the clock. 7.30 PM.

 

That guy and his family will come at 9, so I have to go to Dara’s place at 8. I plop myself on the bed and look at the ceiling, imagining that I would meet Taeyang of Big Bang one day and he fell in love with me.

 

                                                                                         +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

JIYONG’S POV

     I steps inside the Park’s residence nervously. I really wondered how she would look like by now. Has she become prettier, or just the same as before. Even if she’s still the same as before, I still think that she had the prettiest smile.

During dinner, I thought I could finally see her after so many years, but my hope crashes. It turns out; she had gone out to study with her friend. I’m just eating quietly, when Umma said something that almost made me choked on my food.

“Mrs. Park, we have to stay at Japan for three months, but Yongie doesn’t want to go with us. So, as we have planned before, Yongie will stay here. Please take care of him well.” Mrs. Park only smiled when she heard that.

“It’s okay, I know Jiyong is a good boy. Besides, Bommie goes to the same school with him as well. It will be much easier.” Mrs. Park then replied.

Wait, what? Park Bom is studying at Daehwa High too? How come I didn’t see her around the school? I didn’t see her friend, Sandara as well.

“Yongie-yah, pack your bags. You’ll stay here starting tomorrow.” Umma exclaimed.

I don’t know why, but I feel happy. Maybe God has finally opened the path for me to get close to her. Is this what they call fate?

END OF POV


A/N: Hi!!!!!! *waves* Here's another update for you guys! And I really enjoyed reading your comments. ^^ 

         @icegirl: Omo! Really? I thought that the first two chapters is kinda boring though.. keke XD What do you think about

                        this chapter?

         @ZozBombshell: Oh! I thought you meant that a fic where Bom is still a student, not a G-Bom fic. If for the G-Bom one, 

                                      I've never come across one where they is still a student either. :-) And yes, Jiyong finally appeared! XD

         @Gina33: Thank you! :-)

         @Aishime: Oh? It's interesting? Thanks a lot! Hope you think that this chapter is interesting as well! :D

         @cloverluck: Hope you enjoy this chapter! They finally meet! ^^

         @TabisanGbom: Omo! Thank you!! Hope you enjoy this chapter!! ^_^

         @BigB4ME: Thank you! :-)