Chapter Two - Confidence

Shadows

The day was almost entirely uneventful for Mina and she couldn’t say she was surprised. She was only focused on this one girl, and that seemed to stop her from doing anything else. But now the thing is that she is making her way to go sit with her ‘friends’ at lunch but when she got there she saw them at the table and she remembered what she was thinking about. And that strung into the idea of how they’d feel if she didn’t show up at lunch, so she didn’t. She just started her walk to the place. Her place, or is it even still that? Because someone else seems to go there. But Mina couldn’t completely focus on that because her building hope that maybe the girl is there again was only getting bigger. 

Rounding the corner through the trees she saw the girl there again, but yet again she made a noise as she stepped into the clearing. 

“Sorry, I’ll leave you.” The girl rushed out. “No, wait stay. I mean you don’t have to leave.” Mina managed out as she felt her heart beat faster as each second made the silence longer and more deafening. 

Eyeing her skeptically the girl studied her expression. “Ok...but I can go if you need me to.” She concluded on and that seemed to be the end of that. 

Now that Mina had the girl sitting near her, she felt too shy and too awkward to actually make a move so she just ate her food. Her mind trying to find a way to talk, “so what’s your name?” The girl blurted out and her face heated up after. “Mina, you?” Mina replied and was hoping that she’d get a response. “Tzuyu.” Was all the girl, who’s named Tzuyu said. So Mina took that as a hint to keep quiet. Her thoughts drifted to how pretty she looked and how her voice sounded, even if all she said was short or things in a rude tone. 

Being brought back to reality by Tzuyu clearing with a questioning look plastered on her face. “You were staring, why?” Her voice oozed with annoyed curiosity and Mina felt her face heat up. “Sorry. It’s just your pr—“ Mina cuts herself off with wide eyes. “I’m what?” Tzuyu presses and Mina just feels her skin heat up more as if the words Tzuyu said sparked a fire under her skin. “You’re pretty...quiet. Pretty quiet. Yeah” Mina stumbles out and she looked away fast. She missed the small smile Tzuyu let spread across her face. “So I’m pretty and quiet?” She asked teasingly and Mina felt too embarrassed to look at her face. “Yes?” She answered confused, and with that Tzuyu replied “well I could say the same about you, Mina.” And with that she shot up and was gone. Before Mina could even say anything, not that she was able to her cheeks were too red and the lump in was too big. 

Sitting for a bit longer she finally regained composure and slowly stood up, thinking how someone so quiet was able to be so confident and flirty? She thought if that was the right word, was Tzuyu flirting or being kind or just teasing her? She couldn’t decide but she went straight home. Glad she had no more lessons. But not so glad since she wouldn’t be able to see Tzuyu until tomorrow and with that she left the school gates and went on her way towards her house. 

 

!not proofread and first Tzuyu and Mina interaction will it all go well?