Chapter One - first meeting

Shadows

Mina was, as she calls it popular by association. Since in school people only took notice of her when she was with her friends, but without them she was invisible. Her entire existence at school is only noticed when standing amidst the most popular group of girls. But she always wondered how she was a-meant to fit in to their lifestyle. They’re all talented, hot but they never shared anything meaningful or deeply emotional with eachother. 

It was ever since Mina noticed it she began to question her friendship with them as a whole. She was taught that throughout your life that a friend is someone you can deeply trust. She felt as though she couldn’t trust anyone in the group like real friends should. But how would she be able to up and leave? She has no one and if she did she would be noticed and shunned because she left the group. But how can she stay either? 

Thoughts and questions flew around her head and only fuelled the growing doubt inside her. Her eyes tried to make her focus on the maths questions on the board, but her mind just began to feel so overloaded and as if it was going to burst. Then a saving grace came, she heard the school bell. She felt a small smile climb across her face as she knew she had a few hours free now. 

Running out of school, she kept her head down and watched her feet. Dodging the cracks and attempting not to fall, as she made her way to her favourite area. 

Walking down the overgrown trail at the end of the field, she began her short but long awaited journey so she can clear her head. Counting the steps each time she turned and trying to collect her train of thought, she found her favourite opening on campus. Yet she felt her heart sink when she saw a figure sitting in her spot. The spot where, if you looked up you could see the hole in the trees that shows the sky. Perfect for thinking, and that was what Mina needed desperately.

Being too focused on the figure she stepped on a stick and it snapped. Emitting a louder noise than she was expecting. 

The figures head spun around and there She slicked eyes with Mina. “How did you get here?” The mysterious female asked out curiously as she stared Mina down. “I, uh, found it a while back.” She stuttered our because she felt as though her timid nature was at its peak. “Ok, well I’ll just be leaving. Enjoy your day.” The figure hurriedly said and fumbled with their bag and jumped to their feet. 

Just as they were about to pass Mina, she began having an inner debate, ask her? Don’t ask her? The questions on repeat and she found herself asking aloud before she could even think. “Do you want to stay, with me?” Yet as she asked it the girl was gone and Mina couldn’t help but wonder who it was. 

 

 

!Not proof read and is the book good so far?